Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zach Kerr

RockThatBlue

I agree.

I like Kerr's motor and I think he's a solid rotational DL.  I think we could definitely upgrade at the position, but I don't think it's the worst thing if Kerr is back next year as our 6th, 7th, or 8th best DL.

I like his story, and as a Univ. of Delaware alum, I root for him that much more -- but he just doesn't have a high ceiling, IMO (i.e., I don't think we'll see him continuing to make progress, but rather he is already playing at or near his highest level).

Early in the season I thought he was about average. Towards the end of the season it is like a switch clicked, because he started to become very disruptive. I hope his play towards the end of the season carries over to next season. If so Kerr, McGill, Winn, and Okine would be great rotational D-Lineman.

Kerr can be an impact player(He showed flashes his rookie year in 287 defensive snaps) but I don't think he has the stamina, I cant say for certain so this is just me speculating but I think he struggles a bit with weight and would be best served losing anywhere from 10-20 lbs to maximize his ability to stay on the field because he has the skill. I think he has become an afterthought though.

We have other guys with his skill set who can also fill in at NT behind Parry who can give us more snaps if healthy then Kerr apparently can at this point

Again just me speculating but its just my read on why Kerr has not got more snaps (320 defensive snaps last year) http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2015-snap-counts.htm

2 hours ago, Gavin said:

Kerr can be an impact player(He showed flashes his rookie year in 287 defensive snaps) but I don't think he has the stamina, I cant say for certain so this is just me speculating but I think he struggles a bit with weight and would be best served losing anywhere from 10-20 lbs to maximize his ability to stay on the field because he has the skill. I think he has become an afterthought though.

We have other guys with his skill set who can also fill in at NT behind Parry who can give us more snaps if healthy then Kerr apparently can at this point

Again just me speculating but its just my read on why Kerr has not got more snaps (320 defensive snaps last year) http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt/2015-snap-counts.htm

Yeah he's underrated, but he has to play limited snaps. A kind of guy you definitely want on your team, especially as an undrafted FA. Losing some weight may help him to be able to handle a larger role, but his sack dances wouldn't be quite as cool.

Kerr2.gif

17 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

I agree.

I like Kerr's motor and I think he's a solid rotational DL.  I think we could definitely upgrade at the position, but I don't think it's the worst thing if Kerr is back next year as our 6th, 7th, or 8th best DL.

I like his story, and as a Univ. of Delaware alum, I root for him that much more -- but he just doesn't have a high ceiling, IMO (i.e., I don't think we'll see him continuing to make progress, but rather he is already playing at or near his highest level).

lmao

16 hours ago, SDakColts said:

Early in the season I thought he was about average. Towards the end of the season it is like a switch clicked, because he started to become very disruptive. I hope his play towards the end of the season carries over to next season. If so Kerr, McGill, Winn, and Okine would be great rotational D-Lineman.

Sounds like you actually watched him.
 Zach finally got some good snaps the last 5 games and got better along the way.
 Not the best competition the last 2 games, but he was throwing guys around and having him some fun.
   That little bit of his 1st Good, consistent experience should open his eyes to what it takes.
  Come on Zach!! 
  lmao at McGill be so much better against the run. How many non rush type snaps did he get? 10? If that!

On 1/15/2016 at 0:10 PM, throwing BBZ said:

lmao

Not sure what you're 'shaking your head at'.... if healthy with Art Jones, Langford, Anderson and Parry -- there is no way Kerr will be better than our 5th DL and if we pick up another DL high in the draft or in FA, Kerr won't be any better than the 6th DL with plenty of competition from guys like McGill and Winn to push him even further down that list.

Undoubtedly, we could upgrade Kerr by simply adding 1-2 more good DL to this team.  I like Kerr, but I won't be sad at all to see us improve on the DL, which could result in him being the odd man out.

Kerr's had 35 weeks of regular/post-season to show what he's got.  You are using a 5 game sample (14%) to suggest he improved over the last 5 games of this stretch, acknowledging the quality of opponent he was facing as he seemingly started to improve was pretty awful. 

It's as simple as this -- Kerr is a pretty good player.  I'd be happy to see him back as part of a rotation.  However, he does not have a high ceiling, and by just adding 1 or 2 players to the DL (or perhaps just getting a few guys back healthy), Kerr can easily be expendable and our roster could improve.

15 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Not sure what you're 'shaking your head at'.... if healthy with Art Jones, Langford, Anderson and Parry -- there is no way Kerr will be better than our 5th DL and if we pick up another DL high in the draft or in FA, Kerr won't be any better than the 6th DL with plenty of competition from guys like McGill and Winn to push him even further down that list.

Undoubtedly, we could upgrade Kerr by simply adding 1-2 more good DL to this team.  I like Kerr, but I won't be sad at all to see us improve on the DL, which could result in him being the odd man out.

Kerr's had 35 weeks of regular/post-season to show what he's got.  You are using a 5 game sample (14%) to suggest he improved over the last 5 games of this stretch, acknowledging the quality of opponent he was facing as he seemingly started to improve was pretty awful. 

It's as simple as this -- Kerr is a pretty good player.  I'd be happy to see him back as part of a rotation.  However, he does not have a high ceiling, and by just adding 1 or 2 players to the DL (or perhaps just getting a few guys back healthy), Kerr can easily be expendable and our roster could improve.

I can`t wait to see who we draft high to replace him.
 I like Winn, maybe we do sign him.
 And, Undoubtedly!
 Impressive you know his ceiling. laughing my ___ off. lmao