Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is the NFL 2015 MVP?

James Harden

Who should be the NFL 2015 MVP?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. I believe it is very close with Newton in the lead and Brady trailing behind. Palmer is a dark horse

• Cam Newton
    • Tom Brady
    • Carson Palmer
    • Philip Rivers
    • Julio Jones
    • Antonio Brown
    • Khalil Mack
    • Other

How is Rivers in contention if you don't mind?

Also AB has a chance to match records of Jerry Rice with his QB missing like what? 4 or 5 games of the season.  If by some miracle Julio is in contention (which I don't think he is even close) then AB needs to be a shoe in for 10 or so votes.

Palmer is interesting but I don't see how he beats out Cam and Brady I think will be knocked that he has faded in the latter part.  (which is the same for Cam but they will give Cam the benefit of the doubt for some odd reason)

Mack has been great.  I don't know if its MVP worthy

I have been saying Brady for a few weeks now and was thinking the only way Cam gets it is if the Panthers go undefeated but after the Pats lost again last week I have feeling Cam will get it now. I know Panthers lost as well so who knows? I think it's a 2 guy race between Cam and Brady. I haven't voted yet at the top. I want to see what happens this Sunday first. They may end up being Co-MVP's like McNair and Peyton were in 2003?? Brady still has the much better stats regarding Passing Yards and Passing TD's.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brady has over 1000 more Yards Passing compared to Cam and could reach 5000 still with a big game on Sunday.

Tom Brady has 605 passing attempts. Cam Newton has 470 passing attempts and over 120 rushing attempts. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think stats is what determines the MVP. Cam has two more wins than Brady.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think stats is what determines the MVP. Cam has two more wins than Brady.

It's a combination IMO of wins and Stats. Eventhough the Panthers lost last week so did the Patriots which hurts Brady. Cam will probably win it which I have no problem with.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been saying Brady for a few weeks now and was thinking the only way Cam gets it is if the Panthers go undefeated but after the Pats lost again last week I have feeling Cam will get it now. I know Panthers lost as well so who knows? I think it's a 2 guy race between Cam and Brady. I haven't voted yet at the top. I want to see what happens this Sunday first. They may end up being Co-MVP's like McNair and Peyton were in 2003?? Brady still has the much better stats regarding Passing Yards and Passing TD's.

Brady has a couple of things working against him. His W/L record and the fact that he has won MVP two other times with 2 of the most historic seasons in football history. I think things may come down to this final week. IF Cam loses again or has a poor showing even in a win then I think the door opens for both Brady and Palmer if the both win and win impressively. I believe it should be a split between Brady and Newton at this point but I doubt it happens. If Cam wins it then he deserves it. He has had an unbelievable season.

Really think this is between Cam Newton & Carson Palmer. I voted for Cam. But, I can see Palmer receiving it with no qualms from the majority of the NFL. Both are absolutely critical to their teams.

I get Brady. However, seems like Belichick could insert Garropolo and get the job done somehow.

18 hours ago, Surge89 said:

How is Rivers in contention if you don't mind?

Also AB has a chance to match records of Jerry Rice with his QB missing like what? 4 or 5 games of the season.  If by some miracle Julio is in contention (which I don't think he is even close) then AB needs to be a shoe in for 10 or so votes.

Palmer is interesting but I don't see how he beats out Cam and Brady I think will be knocked that he has faded in the latter part.  (which is the same for Cam but they will give Cam the benefit of the doubt for some odd reason)

Mack has been great.  I don't know if its MVP worthy

meh I only throw Rivers name in there since he only behind Brady in total passing yard this season. I highly doubt he will win. If Steelers make it into the playoffs, than AB should show a strong case for the MVP. But like every year we all know it going to be a QB. I'm think its all in Cam hands. Brady is really close since he been winning games with all his weapons being injured. (Gronk, Edelman, Lewis, Amendola, etc) The lists go on. It surprising how Brady can keep the whole team together. 

1 hour ago, James Harden said:

meh I only throw Rivers name in there since he only behind Brady in total passing yard this season. I highly doubt he will win. If Steelers make it into the playoffs, than AB should show a strong case for the MVP. But like every year we all know it going to be a QB. I'm think its all in Cam hands. Brady is really close since he been winning games with all his weapons being injured. (Gronk, Edelman, Lewis, Amendola, etc) The lists go on. It surprising how Brady can keep the whole team together. 

Yes JH, it is. The combination of Belichick & Brady has stood the test for the last 15 years. However, this year I can see Newton & Palmer at the wire for MVP. These two are by far more critical to their team's outcomes than the rest of the NFL IMO. Each have thrown up MVP values beyond anyone else's reach so far.

Michael Schofield. He's the MVP for whatever pass rusher goes against him - free sacks all day.

But seriously,  Cam.

Although I do think Rodgers is the best QB, and Watt is the best overall player, Cam gives Carolina a better shot at winning it all this year than Watt does in HOU or Rodgers with GB.

On 1/2/2016 at 2:13 PM, James Harden said:

Cam didn't fade.  He had one bad game down the stretch