Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carolina (-7) at Atlanta (12-27-15)

oldunclemark

1 p.m. EST Kevin Burkhardt and John Lynch on FOX

over-under at 47.5

Carolina QB Cam Newton (258 of 440, 3,402 yards 33 Tds, 10 INTs) was the first player in the history of ;ever' t pass fro 300 yards and 5 TDs and rush for 100 yards last week against the Giants. Cam is juts a 58% passer but he has run 119 times fort 580 yards and 7 TDs.

RB Jonothan Stewart (242 carries, 989 yards) is out again this week but TE Greg Olsen has 71 catches for 1,048 yards and 7 TDs.

Born-again Ted Ginn has overcome his pass dropping ways and has 730 yards and 120 TDs on 43 catches.

Big mouth defensive back Josh Norman leads a secondary which has 22 interceptions....and he faces Atlanta star Julio Jones ( 118 catches, 1,544 yards) who is No. 2 in the NFL in receiving yardage.

Atlanta was 5-0 and then 6-7 before winning at Jacksonville last week.

With the SeaHawks (9-5)  at 9 wins, Atlanta (7-7) can be eliminated Sunday even if they upset Carolina. Minnesota (9-5) has defeated Atlanta but the Seattle game starts at 4:25 EST so the Falcons will still have a chance as long as they are winning their game.

QB Matt Ryan (360 of 548, 3,951 yards) has 18 TD passes but 15 interceptions.  No team that began the season 5-0 has ever ended the year with a losing record.

Carolina is trying to become the 2nd team since the schedule went to 16 games to begin the regular season 15-0 and they are looking to end the season 8-0 on the road (they will be at home for all playoffs if they win either of their final 2 games)

Carolina  jacked up Atlanta 38-0 just 2 weeks ago so it'll be interesting to see how much the Falcons really want to play this Sunday.

Since the Colts defeated Atlanta and Houston didnt play them, I believe it helps Indy in 'tiebreaker world' if Atlanta wins this game.

Back in the real world, I just don't think Atlanta believes they are still in any race so they'll put up a good fight for a half before losing here.

I dont think there's any chance at all that Carolina (14-0) rests uninjured players for the post-season. They're seemingly really into the 16-0 thing.

I like the Falcons getting 7 points, though. Carolina has given up 22 or more points seven times.

12 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Pats only team to go 16-0. Feels good today despite loss to Jets.

Sigh....

Its irrelevant.

Miami went 17-0.  Carolina's season just became irrelevant unless they win the SB...just like the Pats season was irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Sigh....

Its irrelevant.

Miami went 17-0.  Carolina's season just became irrelevant unless they win the SB...just like the Pats season was irrelevant in 2007-2008.

To win every single regular season game is far from irrelevant. It had never been done and the Pats are still the only team to do it. Perfect season is what it is. Doubt any team ever goes 19-0. Pats had the best chance in 07 ...

15 minutes ago, amfootball said:

To win every single regular season game is far from irrelevant. It had never been done and the Pats are still the only team to do it. Perfect season is what it is. Doubt any team ever goes 19-0. Pats had the best chance in 07 ...

To interject the Pats record into a thread about Carolina shows your NE-centric mindset...falsely claiming to care about matters of "NFL General"...but rather constantly using it as an excuse to jabber about the Pats...who were then and are now irrelevant (in the context of an undefeated season).

47 minutes ago, DougDew said:

To interject the Pats record into a thread about Carolina shows your NE-centric mindset...falsely claiming to care about matters of "NFL General"...but rather constantly using it as an excuse to jabber about the Pats...who were then and are now irrelevant (in the context of an undefeated season).

BINGO

2 hours ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

I really respect them for playing instead of quitting like the 2009 Colts

Me too. They will have to play next week too as the 1 seed is on the line. Cards can take it from them if they lose. That is unreal if they end up 2 seed after going 14-0.

16 hours ago, Jules said:

Panthers are no Arizona Cardinals thats for sure. ;)

I agree. The Panthers haven't really been tested this year. Any half way decent team they played wasn't playing well when they played the Panthers. I think the Cardinals will win at home against the Panthers.

21 hours ago, Jules said:

lol

It actually happened.

My father (lives in Atlanta, GA) is a big Newton fan ONLY because Newton went to high school in Atlanta, GA. When he gave up on the Falcons this year, he switched to rooting for the Panthers. We had a friendly bet about whether or not the Panthers would go undefeated. I can't stand Newton, so I was rooting against an undefeated season (although, I really thought they would go undefeated). Funny the team my dad gave up on ruined his new team's shot at an undefeated season.