Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

People Please

LUVTHESHOE

People the day is coming when(heaven forbid)we wont have a Manning here, sorry. I am a huge Peyton fan, but lets stop throwing every lets keep a Manning here for life .The only one I havn't heard is let Peyton's MOM sing the National Anthem at every home game. People when the day comes this franchise will be okay without a Manning.

well then MAC the mods can merge it. yo don't have to vote on its validity, just read it!

I think that I understand your sentiment. In my opinion talking about keeping Peyton and extracting everything possible from his remaining years is perfectly reasonable and legitimate. Talking about hiring his second cousin to wash the uniforms is not. But who is really doing that besides that odd thread I referred to? Eventually Peyton will no longer be here, and we will all learn to deal with it. I don't see the need to prepare myself for that mentally ahead of time, and I don't see a problem with irrational denial flooding the forum. I just hope that he is healthy and can play. If he isn't, he isn't, and we move on.

Why everyone wants Peyton for GM or Archie for GM or Peyton to never leave and I just think it is silly.

The people who are wanting Peyton for GM are people who really have no clue what they are talking about.

Once he retires, him coming back and being a QB coach or something starting off, would be the only fit I can see.

Personally I think we're all worrying over nothing. It's simple. Peyton Manning is a perfectionist, at least he seems that way to me, meticulous detail oriented, every mistake is taken hard. I don't think we have to worry about Peyton Manning hanging on to his locker like some kind of Brett Favre who simply won't leave unless pushed. I can't remember if he's actually said this or not, but I've always felt that for Peyton, if he cannot play to his own standards, he'll take himself out of the lineup.

So if Peyton returns, I don't think we have to worry about him overstaying his welcome. That's simply not Peyton's style. I don't know if he'd be content to ride the bench and mentor/coach his successor. he might, but I suspect that in the interests of the team, when PM decides he's done, he will get out to allow the team to move on.

Personally I think we're all worrying over nothing. It's simple. Peyton Manning is a perfectionist, at least he seems that way to me, meticulous detail oriented, every mistake is taken hard. I don't think we have to worry about Peyton Manning hanging on to his locker like some kind of Brett Favre who simply won't leave unless pushed. I can't remember if he's actually said this or not, but I've always felt that for Peyton, if he cannot play to his own standards, he'll take himself out of the lineup.

So if Peyton returns, I don't think we have to worry about him overstaying his welcome. That's simply not Peyton's style. I don't know if he'd be content to ride the bench and mentor/coach his successor. he might, but I suspect that in the interests of the team, when PM decides he's done, he will get out to allow the team to move on.

Very well said and I agree 100% with what you said and believe Peyton would do just that. :highfive:

People the day is coming when(heaven forbid)we wont have a Manning here, sorry. I am a huge Peyton fan, but lets stop throwing every lets keep a Manning here for life .The only one I havn't heard is let Peyton's MOM sing the National Anthem at every home game. People when the day comes this franchise will be okay without a Manning.

But dont throw away a good thing..let it leave on its own.

Manning's time in Indy will be ending. When - that is the great unknown. My takeaway is he was the best Colt of the last 20 years, a first ballot hall of famer and among the best three QBs in Colts history (along with Johnny Unitas and Bert Jones). I will hate to see him go/retire/be traded...etc. When Peyton is no longer a Colt, I wish him well in whatever endeavor he chooses to go on with the rest of his life. BTW, I really believe he and Luck or even RGIII can co-exist as the present/future QB of the Colts for the next 2 or 3 years.

The people who are wanting Peyton for GM are people who really have no clue what they are talking about.

Once he retires, him coming back and being a QB coach or something starting off, would be the only fit I can see.

I agree. I don't think he should be hired as our GM. He has no experience in that capacity.

However, I think you are selling him short. I think he could be an Offensive Coordinator immediately. He could bypass being a QB coach altogether. The man knows his stuff.

Whatever. Did you see Robocop? Manning could have a laser rocket arm 4 ever! Why would you want Robosheriff kicking our butts for the next 80 years?

You gave me a great idea, how about we get rid of Manning, trade Luck and just get Robocop! I don't know how good of a spiral he would have, but he would be virtuall impossible to bring down in the pocket, uhhh or out of the pocket.

robocopx.jpg

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, January 11, 2012 - calling out mods
Hidden by shecolt, January 11, 2012 - calling out mods

You gave me a great idea, how about we get rid of Manning, trade Luck and just get Robocop! I don't know how good of a spiral he would have, but he would be virtuall impossible to bring down in the pocket, uhhh or out of the pocket.

robocopx.jpg

you better be careful this is a site where you cannot joke and have fun. Maureen is watching she will rebuke you for this. I guess alot of 80 year old women are on this site and it is supposed to be serious talk all the time no room for jokiing and having fun darn no i might get banned for trying to help you. LOL oh well there are other sites like this that you can joke a bit.

robocopx.jpg

Robocop is a head case and he'd creep out the locker room since he's a dead guy who has flashbacks of his family. For the hurry up offense or for scrambling , the Colts would have to develop some type of rocket skates for the statuesque QB.

I don't know man.

Robocop is a head case and he'd creep out the locker room since he's a dead guy who has flashbacks of his family. For the hurry up offense or for scrambling , the Colts would have to develop some type of rocket skates for the statuesque QB.

I don't know man.

True & he would probably injure our players in practice..