Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (+6.5) @ Pittsburgh (12-20-15)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST    ....Jim Nantz and Phill Simms on CBS

low 40s and sunny over-under 44.5

Back up QB Brock Osweiler (108 of 170, 1,140 yards, 5 Tds, 3 INTs) has been sacked 17 times in 4 1/2 games

WR Demariyus Thomas (88 catches, 1,067 yards) has only 3 TDs

WR Emmanuel Sanders (57 catches, 788 yards) has just 4 TDs and he's a focus here because he's an ex-Steeler

RB CJ Anderson should be back after missing the loss last week to Oakland.

Denver has been bad on offense but they have the No,. 1 pass defense in the NFL allowing just 189 yards a game.

Denver has 43 QB sacks including 10 by Von Miller.

LB Danny Trevethan and safety TJ Ward may return after missing last week.

Pitt QB Big Ben Rothlisberger (231 of 344, (67%) 2,989 yards) has 'Downtown' Antonio Brown (100 catches, 1,397 yards) ,

'Marvelous' Martevius Bryant (38 catches, 672 yards, 6TDs), and even ex-Colt Darius (I dont have a nickname)  Heyward Bey (18 catches, 230 yards)

The Steelers defense allows 367 yards a game but they have 36 QB sacks and have committed just 73 penalties in 13 games.

Denver hasnt scored 30 points in a regulation game this season and they have been held under 20 in the last 2 road games.

Broncos need this game to stay ahead of Cincinnati for the '2' seed but Pittsburgh (8-5) needs 3 wins to make the post-season at all and, don't kid yourself,  they are very happy Peyton Manning is not able to play.

Broncos don't score many points but the Steelers do..so the over-under is risky.

If you can get Denver and 7 or more, take it...Otherwise sit this one out

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brock is going to get manhandled with James Harrison and crew.

Not for Denver D, this game can get ugly real quick. This game is the real test for Denver pass defense.

If CJ doesnt play, i doubt Denver stands a chance. 

Steelers are playing some exciting football right now.

For the second week in a row, go Steelers! lol.

I think Pitt wins this game easily but I agree with Chad that the Denver D could make this interesting. But I have no faith in Kubiak as his teams tend to swoon in Dec. I would like to see Brock do well and I do think he can do some things vs a young Pitt defense but I just don't trust his Oline at all against the Pitt front.

I think it is a plus for Pitt that the temps will be warm and no snow as Ben will look to chuck the ball around at will.

3 hours ago, amfootball said:

For the second week in a row, go Steelers! lol.

I think Pitt wins this game easily but I agree with Chad that the Denver D could make this interesting. But I have no faith in Kubiak as his teams tend to swoon in Dec. I would like to see Brock do well and I do think he can do some things vs a young Pitt defense but I just don't trust his Oline at all against the Pitt front.

I think it is a plus for Pitt that the temps will be warm and no snow as Ben will look to chuck the ball around at will.

Yeah. Their Oline, is probably the worst amongst the 10 win teams out there now that would include the Patriots, Cardinals, Bengals and Panthers. The Patriots' OL has been spotty but as an average of a season's performance, they still have been better than the Broncos' OL. 

I anticipate a lot of sacks for Brock. The Broncos have to hang their hat on winning those last 2 home games vs the Bengals vs McCarron and Chargers to win their division and hang on to the bye. That is why I feel Brock should be given both the Steelers and Bengals games to show what he can do. If they lose both, they have lost the division to the Chiefs if the Chiefs keep winning. So, it is a dilemma for Kubiak from a standings perspective. However, if Brock can run most of your playbook and since it is not the Peyton of 2012 or 2013 or even the first half of 2014 that would be coming back, you ride Brock as long as you can and at least give him the Bengals game at home. 

There is only so much nowadays that a championship D can hold someone to 20 points. You have to score more than 20 points, possibly close to low to mid 20s even with an elite defense, IMO. It would have been different a decade ago, you could get by with 17 points.

10 hours ago, Bogie said:

If Brock starts, they might win. 

If Manning starts, they're going to lose bad. 

I'm riding Pittsburgh all the way on this. That team has it made lately beating up on teams that have bad quarterback situations. 

as stated above, Manning is inactive this week.

Its not win or lose.,.Its Pitt minus-6 1/2

Looks like Pitt is getting healthy for this game.

Jeremy Fowler ESPN Staff Writer 

fowler_jeremy_m.jpg

All key Steelers that missed practice time this week are listed as probable for Sunday's matchup with Denver, including DeAngelo Williams (sick), linebacker Bud Dupree (tailbone) and safety Mike Mitchell (shoulder).

I think Pittsburgh wins, not to knock Brock because I beat it to death on that Peyton Handles Thread but the Broncos haven't had an Offensive TD on 23 straight possessions. Pittsburgh's Offense is rolling right now. I think the Broncos keep it somewhat close, it will be something like 24-20 but I think this loss will make it easy for the Broncos to re-insert Peyton IF HE'S HEALTHY. Peyton should be pretty Good because of the rest he's had as well.

Gonna have to be a relatively low-scoring game fro Denver to win..

..They cant put 35 on anybody right now,

But Denver's defense hasn't been overrun by anyone and Bib Ben, as good as he is, is not mobile and he will get sacked..

....CJ Anderson playing is big and it looks like he will

The only reason why I think the Broncos keep it close is because they will probably get a Defensive TD or a Turnover that leads to a TD. This game here pretty much seals any chance the Broncos have at HFA so you guys know what that means?? All roads will lead through Foxboro LOL, as usual! If Brock plays well and wins this game feel free to rip me up and down but I don't see it. I want the Broncos to win so keep that in my mind. They are my SB winning pick.

They said during the game last night that Denver will miss the playoffs altogether if the Jets, Steelers, and KC win out and Denver loses 2 of 3. Apparently they lose the tie breakers with all 3 if they all finish 11-5. KC would take the division and the Steelers and Jets would be the WCs. That is unbelievable.