Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pittsburgh (+2 1/2) @ Cincinnati (12-13-15)

oldunclemark

Mid-60s and sunny.....over=-under 49.5...1 p.m. EST...Greg Gumbel and suspected Bengal homer Trent Green on CBS

Pittsburgh's Big ben Rothlisberger (201 of 205, 2,707 yards, 15 TDs and 7 INts in 8 games) has top receiver 'Downtown' Antonio Brown (93 catches, 1,310 yards. No.1 in the NFL) ready to go as well as Martevius Bryant (31 catches, 623 yards), who averages 20 yards a catch. RB DeAngelo Williams averages 4.9 yards a carry. Steelers have no defense to speak of but they dont care when they average 409 yards a game .

Bengals QB Andy Dalton (252 of 381, 3,191 yards, 25 Tds,. 6 INTs) has AJ Green (70 catches, 1,027 yards ready and TE Tyler Eifert (46 catches, 522 yards, 12 TD catches, No. 1 in the NFL) The Cincy defense has 31 sacks and 15 pass interceptions.Good weather really favors Pittsburgh (7-5) but the Bengals (10-2) clinch the AFC Central with a win.

Maybe I'm still jolted from last Sunday night but I like Pittsburgh to win straight up. Bengals have seen few quality QBs and they see one here.. Certainly take Pitt with points. Isnt this the kind of game Cincy has lost in recent years? 

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Mid-60s and sunny.....over=-under 49.5...1 p.m. EST...Greg Gumbel and suspected Bengal homer Trent Green on CBS

Pittsburgh's Big ben Rothlisberger (201 of 205, 2,707 yards, 15 TDs and 7 INts in 8 games) has top receiver 'Downtown' Antonio Brown (93 catches, 1,310 yards. No.1 in the NFL) ready to go as well as Martevius Bryant (31 catches, 623 yards), who averages 20 yards a catch. RB DeAngelo Williams averages 4.9 yards a carry. Steelers have no defense to speak of but they dont care when they average 409 yards a game .

Bengals QB Andy Dalton (252 of 381, 3,191 yards, 25 Tds,. 6 INTs) has AJ Green (70 catches, 1,027 yards ready and TE Tyler Eifert (46 catches, 522 yards, 12 TD catches, No. 1 in the NFL) The Cincy defense has 31 sacks and 15 pass interceptions.Good weather really favors Pittsburgh (7-5) but the Bengals (10-2) clinch the AFC Central with a win.

Maybe I'm still jolted from last Sunday night but I like Pittsburgh to win straight up. Bengals have seen few quality QBs and they see one here.. Certainly take Pitt with points. Isnt this the kind of game Cincy has lost in recent years? 

I honestly think Steelers win. I'll say 23-20.

3 hours ago, Jules said:

Go Bengals!!!

The Bengals just seem to have that killer instinct this year. The last time I saw this mentality from Cincinnati was the 1988-89 season. Super Bowl 23. One of the best. No shame in losing to the "Master" of QBs, Joe Montana. ":34 seconds" - Sam Wyche

4 minutes ago, ColtRider said:

The Bengals just seem to have that killer instinct this year. The last time I saw this mentality from Cincinnati was the 1988-89 season. Super Bowl 23. One of the best. No shame in losing to the "Master" of QBs, Joe Montana. ":34 seconds" - Sam Wyche

I been keeping an open mind on them lately again. They rebounded nicely after the dud vs. Houston. And losing a few isn't a bad thing, they regrouped. I was also very impressed by their game in the loss in Arizona. Despite the loss that was a great performance and you rarely say that about a loss. Bengals/Cardinals would be my dream SB if the Colts can't make it of course.

Very talented all around team. If they win this weekend I will be very impressed since Pittsburgh is often a big challenge for them and everyone else for that matter.

BTW I want the Steelers out of the playoffs. OUT OUT OUT. 

If we win the division I would rather take my chances vs. the Jets or Chiefs. I am sure with Luck over Hasselbeck we put up a better fight at home vs. Pittsburgh in a rematch but I would rather not have to worry about it lol.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

I been keeping an open mind on them lately again. They rebounded nicely after the dud vs. Houston. And losing a few isn't a bad thing, they regrouped. I was also very impressed by their game in the loss in Arizona. Despite the loss that was a great performance and you rarely say that about a loss. Bengals/Cardinals would be my dream SB if the Colts can't make it of course.

Very talented all around team. If they win this weekend I will be very impressed since Pittsburgh is often a big challenge for them and everyone else for that matter.

That's exactly as I see them, Jules. Very talented with teeth. To be honest, they shouldn't of lost to the Cardinals or Texans. Both games extremely close. A play here or there and they're 12-0. I truly believe in "swagger" from a team. And man, does this team ever have "swagger". I really think they'll beat the Steelers on Sunday in Cincy. Will be watching both the Colts & Bengals game.

6 minutes ago, Jules said:

BTW I want the Steelers out of the playoffs. OUT OUT OUT. 

If we win the division I would rather take my chances vs. the Jets or Chiefs. I am sure with Luck over Hasselbeck we put up a better fight at home vs. Pittsburgh in a rematch but I would rather not have to worry about it lol.

DITTO   DITTO   DITTO

:)

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want the Bengals to win but I think the Steelers take this one. Their Offense looks scary good unfortunately.

We had a chance to make that game a lot different last Sunday night. Matt was just off. I hope he has a couple of games left in him. 

The Bengals are a good team playing at home. The worrisome part is it looks like they will be down 3 defensive backs.

I think their D is better than Pittsburgh's and their O will be able to control the pace with Hill and Bernard. They get Eifert back as well.

The Steelers can be an explosive offense that's for sure. They are healthier than most teams right now including Cincinnati. The Bengals have the better overall team, they are playing at home and they have a first round bye in their sights. I think they win the game.

If AJ Green can make it to the playoffs healthy.  I think Cinny gets the monkey off their back this year. 

5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We had a chance to make that game a lot different last Sunday night. Matt was just off. I hope he has a couple of games left in him. 

The Bengals are a good team playing at home. The worrisome part is it looks like they will be down 3 defensive backs.

I think their D is better than Pittsburgh's and their O will be able to control the pace with Hill and Bernard. They get Eifert back as well.

The Steelers can be an explosive offense that's for sure. They are healthier than most teams right now including Cincinnati. The Bengals have the better overall team, they are playing at home and they have a first round bye in their sights. I think they win the game.

If AJ Green can make it to the playoffs healthy.  I think Cinny gets the monkey off their back this year. 

A lot of great games this week, this is one of them. It's stretch time now, the Qtr of the season where you would always like your team to go at least 3-1. This is when we will find out who's a contender and who is a pretender being these last 4 weeks.

54 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

A lot of great games this week, this is one of them. It's stretch time now, the Qtr of the season where you would always like your team to go at least 3-1. This is when we will find out who's a contender and who is a pretender being these last 4 weeks.

It should be a lot of fun I hope we can get a W vs the Jags. 

I think there are a bunch of teams playing for one wild card in the NFC and AFC. 

I said it after KC beat Denver. They will win out take one AFC wildcard. 

I think the Seahawks have it straightened out. I think they win their next 3 may win out as well depending on what Arizona does week 17 when the Hawks head to the desert.

I haven't looked at tie breakers but Pittsburgh may need to win either @Cinny or vs Denver to get in. Then they play @ Ravens who have no one left but they won't roll over. @ the Browns to finish it. It's not an easy road for Pittsburgh 3 divison road games and host to Denver.  They will be a very dangerous team if they can get in. 

I think the AFC is wide open. The injury bug has hit every team some more than others. I would not be shocked to see any one from the AFC get hot and make a run. 

The NFC I expect to come down to chalk. Arizona v Carolina. I think Seattle might be able to sneak in to the NFCCG if they draw Carolina in the 2nd round. I expect to see Arizona in the Super Bowl as long as Palmer is healthy. 

Anything could happen should be a great final quarter to the season. 

58 minutes ago, akcolt said:

It should be a lot of fun I hope we can get a W vs the Jags. 

I think there are a bunch of teams playing for one wild card in the NFC and AFC. 

I said it after KC beat Denver. They will win out take one AFC wildcard. 

I think the Seahawks have it straightened out. I think they win their next 3 may win out as well depending on what Arizona does week 17 when the Hawks head to the desert.

I haven't looked at tie breakers but Pittsburgh may need to win either @Cinny or vs Denver to get in. Then they play @ Ravens who have no one left but they won't roll over. @ the Browns to finish it. It's not an easy road for Pittsburgh 3 divison road games and host to Denver.  They will be a very dangerous team if they can get in. 

I think the AFC is wide open. The injury bug has hit every team some more than others. I would not be shocked to see any one from the AFC get hot and make a run. 

The NFC I expect to come down to chalk. Arizona v Carolina. I think Seattle might be able to sneak in to the NFCCG if they draw Carolina in the 2nd round. I expect to see Arizona in the Super Bowl as long as Palmer is healthy. 

Anything could happen should be a great final quarter to the season. 

Been watching Football for a long time and my thinking has always been you want to start fast in the 1st Qtr to give yourself a cushion by going 3-1 - unfortunately the Colts normally don't. Then in the middle 2 Qtr's 2-2 is acceptable in each, then 3-1 or even 4-0 in the last Qtr is the time to get hot and healthy. That always puts you at 10-6 or 11-5. Teams that finish 10-6 make the Playoffs 83% of the time all-time, 11-5 it's 99%. 3-1, 2-2, 2-2, 3-1 = 10-6 that is a Very Good season and gets you in the Playoffs 83% of the time. 3-1, 2-2, 2-2, 4-0 = 11-5 that is a Borderline Great season and gets you in the Playoffs 99% of the time. I think the only 2 teams that have finished 11-5 and didn't make the Playoffs in the history of the NFL were the 1985 Broncos and 2008 Patriots. There have been a few be 10-6 and not make it but not many. 10 is usually the number that will get you in % wise more times than not.

On December 11, 2015 at 3:46 PM, oldunclemark said:

If it were round 1 of the playoffs it would be the exact kind of game they lose but it's week 14 of the regular season at home vs a divison for. This is the kind of game they win making us think this will be the year things will be different come the playoffs. It's probably the game AJ goes down in misses the playoffs.

i still like Cinny at home 

The Bengals just cannot catch a break (no pun intended). Reports (on ESPN radio) are that the Dalton injury is "likely season-ending". You could hear fhe disappointment in Marvin Lewis' voice after the game.

Very disappointing indeed. I was rooting for them to go far this year. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are correct mam, he is out for the year from what I have heard too. They cant catch a break can they?

Lousy. I like the Bengals and hate to see a team lose their starter this late in the season. The Steelers have a real shot at the division and even a bye.