Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carolina Panthers or Golden State Warriors

RockThatBlue

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Panthers. So much harder to win in the NFL. And no one saw them coming this season. Warriors are best team in basketball.

12-0 has been done numerous times in the nfl.  23-0 has never been done in the NBA before this season

Just now, jvan1973 said:

12-0 has been done numerous times in the nfl.  23-0 has never been done in the NBA before this season

Lakers won 33 in a row in the 70's. It is MUCH harder to win 12 straight games in the NFL than 23 in the NBA. And again the Warriors are the best team. Most people did not even have Carolina winning their division much less undefeated and if they go 16-0 they will be only the second team in NFL history to do that.

I say Warriors, winning 23 straight games is unbelieveable in the NBA. Dating back to last season it's 27 in a row. Only the 2013 Heat who won 27 in a row and the 1972 Lakers who have the record at 33 straight were just as good or better with their winning streaks. The Colts have been 12-0 or better TWICE in the Peyton Manning era so going 12-0 to me is Very Good but not Great as in SPECIAL Great.

6 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I do not think it is even close....Warriors.  One of the best if not THE best shooting team I have ever seen.  

If they win BacktoBack Titles and beat the Bulls 72-10 record I think people have to put them in the same class as those Bulls teams in the 90's and Celtics/Lakers teams of the 80's at that point. The Kobe/Shaq Lakers are in that discussion too because they 3peated.

5 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

This is a totally different kind of team that would score twice before Bill Cartwright got down the floor once....:)

Yeah the Bulls had some of the most mediocre Centers, Cartwright was decent but how about Wennington, Longley, etc.. haha They didn't need a Center when they picked up Dennis because he could get 15 Rebounds in his sleep. Jordan and Pippen both could do it all on Offense and Defense.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah the Bulls had some of the most mediocre Centers, Cartwright was decent but how about Wennington, Longley, etc.. haha They didn't need a Center when they picked up Dennis because could get 15 Rebounds in his sleep. Jordan and Pippen both could do it all on Offense and Defense.

Funny.  Basically two guys scored all of the points....Jordan and Pippen.

Just now, BrentMc11 said:

Funny.  Basically two guys scored all of the points....Jordan and Pippen.

Exactly. That is why it is so much easy to rip off wins in the NBA than the NFL. You can literally dominate with just a couple of players in the NBA and coast to victories whereas in the NFL you have to have all three units play well to have a chance and even then you need good to great QB play on top.

36 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Lakers won 33 in a row in the 70's. It is MUCH harder to win 12 straight games in the NFL than 23 in the NBA. And again the Warriors are the best team. Most people did not even have Carolina winning their division much less undefeated and if they go 16-0 they will be only the second team in NFL history to do that.

How is it harder if it's happened more often?  The warriors have the second longest win streak in NBA history,  and the longest streak ever to open a season.     12 games isn't close to the longest streak in nfl history

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How is it harder if it's happened more often?  The warriors have the second longest win streak in NBA history,  and the longest streak ever to open a season.     12 gamessage isn't close to the longest streak in nfl history

Yeah I think going 23-0 is much more impressive. Like I Posted earlier the Colts have been 12-0 or better twice in the Peyton era.

2 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Exactly. That is why it is so much easy to rip off wins in the NBA than the NFL. You can literally dominate with just a couple of players in the NBA and coast to victories whereas in the NFL you have to have all three units play well to have a chance and even then you need good to great QB play on top.

I need to look at Golden State's schedule.  They may start 30-0.  I have been watching football and basketball for over 40 years.  I have seen many better teams than Carolina.  I cannot say I have seen too many teams that could match what Golden State does on a nightly basis.  Last night was the best offensive display I have seen in the NBA.  I think the only team close was the running style of the Lakers with Magic, Worthy, Cooper and Kareem....That was beautiful to watch.  They still could not shoot the ball like these Warriors.

1 minute ago, BrentMc11 said:

I need to look at Golden State's schedule.  They may start 30-0.  I have been watching football and basketball for over 40 years.  I have seen many better teams than Carolina.  I cannot say I have seen too many teams that could match what Golden State does on a nightly basis.  Last night was the best offensive display I have seen in the NBA.  I think the only team close was the running style of the Lakers with Magic, Worthy, Cooper and Kareem....That was beautiful to watch.  They still could not shoot the ball like these Warriors.

I agree. I think the best Basketball teams I have ever seen are the Laker Showtime teams with Magic, Kareem, and Worthy. This Warriors team is similar to them Offensively, they don't have a Kareem but their 3 point shooting is off the charts!

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man that stunk! We were whipping the Pistons behind that night too. Ben Wallace got frustrated and blew his stack but then Ron turned it into a disaster. That very well could've been our best team ever, we will never know!

I really think it was.  That team was bad to the bone.  That is when Jermaine O'Neal was scoring at will.

Edited by BrentMc11

I really think it was.  That teams was bad to the bone.  That is when Jermaine O'Neal was scoring at will.

That was Reggie's last season too. Reggie was still Good and was just ready to lead O'Neal, Ron, and the rest. I think we would've won it all that season had the Brawl not happened. Spurs came out of the West but it took them 7 games to beat the Pistons. I think we could've ended it up with HCA with the team we had and Game 6 and or 7 would've been in Indy.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was Reggie's last season too. Reggie was still Good and was just ready to lead O'Neal, Ron, and the rest. I think we would've won it all that season had the Brawl not happened. Spurs came out of the West but it took them 7 games to beat the Pistons. I think we could've ended it up with HCA with the team we had and Game 6 and or 7 would've been in Indy.

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

How is it harder if it's happened more often?  The warriors have the second longest win streak in NBA history,  and the longest streak ever to open a season.     12 games isn't close to the longest streak in nfl history

It is easier to rip off wins in the NBA especially when you are the best team with the best shooter in the game. The Panthers are 12-0 with a chance at 16-0 which has only been done once by the Pats. The degree of difficulty to win in the NFL is so much harder especially when you factor in injuries. Plus as I have said the Panthers were not picked by most to even win their division much less be 12-0 with a chance at going undefeated. That is much more impressive than the defending champs in the NBA winning 23 IMO. But let's see when each team loses its first game and then revisit.

6 minutes ago, amfootball said:

It is easier to rip off wins in the NBA especially when you are the best team with the best shooter in the game. The Panthers are 12-0 with a chance at 16-0 which has only been done once by the Pats. The degree of difficulty to win in the NFL is so much harder especially when you factor in injuries. Plus as I have said the Panthers were not picked by most to even win their division much less be 12-0 with a chance at going undefeated. That is much more impressive than the defending champs in the NBA winning 23 IMO. But let's see when each team loses its first game and then revisit.

A chance at,    and actually doing it are two different things

9 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Yep. That is why I said let's revisit. But for right now, it is the Panthers IMO.

Going 16-0 is much more difficult than winning 23 straight in the NBA I will give you that but 12-0 isn't near 16-0. Like I said the Colts have been 12-0 or better on 2 different occasions just in the Peyton era alone. Lets see if the Panthers can get to 14-0 then that will be much more impressive as only the 1972 Dolphins, 2007 Pats, and 2009 Colts have reached. 

22 minutes ago, amfootball said:

I guess you ignored my post above.  That's fine.  

Just read it above...was a quote to you...

Was it this one: I need to look at Golden State's schedule.  They may start 30-0.  I have been watching football and basketball for over 40 years.  I have seen many better teams than Carolina.  I cannot say I have seen too many teams that could match what Golden State does on a nightly basis.  Last night was the best offensive display I have seen in the NBA.  I think the only team close was the running style of the Lakers with Magic, Worthy, Cooper and Kareem....That was beautiful to watch.  They still could not shoot the ball like these Warriors.

If yes, I agree with you which is why I think what Carolina is doing is much more impressive because they are not a team anyone would expect to be undefeated. GS is a great team and the defending champs. Let me put it this way, if it was the Pats that were 12-0 and not the Panthers would this even be a thread? Probably not as the Pats are the defending champs and have Brady and Bill and have gone 16-0 before. For a team like the Panthers with Newton who is a solid QB but not elite to be at 12-0 is much more impressive.