Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston (+3) @ Buffalo (12-13-15)

oldunclemark

Spero Dedes and Solomon Wilcots on CBS..upper 40s and sunny...over-under - 41.5

Houston QB Brian Hoyer (162 of 264, 1,909 yards() has 15 TDs and 5 interceptions..WR DeAndre Hopkins has 1,081 yards and 9 TDs on 81 catches....all=pro JJ Watt has 13.5 QB sacks. No. 1 in the NFL ..Houston has just 1,075 yards rushing in 11 games. Buffalo QB Tyrod Taylor has 14 Tds and just 4 interceptions but the Bills have just  203 1st downs in 11 games (Houston has 243)..HB LeSean McCoy has 680 yards on 152 carries but Buffalo has committed 104 penalties, No.1 in the NFL.

Buffalo (5-6), which hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years,  is almost toast again. They cant catch NE (10-1) in the AFC East so they must win the wild card and they have to beat out KC (6-5) or Houston (6-5) to do that.. Buffalo just lost to KC last week so that tiebreaker door got closed. . Houston is tied with the Colts (6-5) in the AFC South but they play New England next so they better win this one.

2 desperate teams with 2 QBs nobody but Cleveland would love.  I wouldnt bet on either one of these questionable suspects but the 'under' is good

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Houston rolls in the this game. The Buffalo D has only showed up vs the Pats the last few games and I don't think Taylor gets much vs a Houston D that has been looking great the last few weeks. Rex Ryan said this week that the Bills are the type of team that could win all of its remaining games or lose all of them. Kind of a strange comment but if that is really true than it comes down to him and his staff to get the team ready to play and compete. I don't see it happening this week but they are at home but still Texans will be too much IMO.

3 hours ago, amfootball said:

I think Houston rolls in the this game. The Buffalo D has only showed up vs the Pats the last few games and I don't think Taylor gets much vs a Houston D that has been looking great the last few weeks. Rex Ryan said this week that the Bills are the type of team that could win all of its remaining games or lose all of them. Kind of a strange comment but if that is really true than it comes down to him and his staff to get the team ready to play and compete. I don't see it happening this week but they are at home but still Texans will be too much IMO.

Wouldn't you always predict that your division rival will lose even if you're a good couple games ahead of them in the case of the Pats?  Lol

I want Houston to lose in the worst way so I'm not going to make any plausible scenario for them to get a win.  I'm picking Buffalo of course.

47 minutes ago, krunk said:

Wouldn't you always predict that your division rival will lose even if you're a good couple games ahead of them in the case of the Pats?  Lol

I want Houston to lose in the worst way so I'm not going to make any plausible scenario for them to get a win.  I'm picking Buffalo of course.

The Bills are already out of the division race. I just think the way Houston is playing right now, the Bills will not be much a challenge. They have been fading with their only key win the last month over the Jets. I think Houston is poised to make a legit run at the division/playoffs. But the game is in Buffalo so the weather could play a factor. I know you guys want the Texans to lose for obvious reasons but I don't think the Bills are a team to do it right now.

24 minutes ago, amfootball said:

The Bills are already out of the division race. I just think the way Houston is playing right now, the Bills will not be much a challenge. They have been fading with their only key win the last month over the Jets. I think Houston is poised to make a legit run at the division/playoffs. But the game is in Buffalo so the weather could play a factor. I know you guys want the Texans to lose for obvious reasons but I don't think the Bills are a team to do it right now.

Bills are fading a little bit, but it may be better than you think.  Texans pretty much run a similar style to New England.  Bills are used to defending what they intend to do.  Problem is Buffalo is not producing enough offense at this point and they are missing linemen, which will give them issues with defending Watt.  They may do better against him than we think though.  People hoop and holler about how bad our line(colts) is versus Watt all the time before we play Houston but it never turns out as bad as it seems.  I'm not going to count the Bills out just yet.  If they don't win then so be it because I'm pretty sure we'll take Houston out of contention anyway when they come to Indy.

I see the Bills as a team similar to the Jets. I think the Texans can and will beat them, but it won't be easy. Mario is going to be playing motivated against his former team, not to mention Dareus is a beast and the Bills have their backs against the wall...but I still think Houston gets the W here. The Texans know how important it is to win regarding winning the AFC South and staying in the wild card race just in case.

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Would you expect anything less from the REFS to not spot anything wrong haha

They are far stinkier this year than past years. I've heard that it might be because there was a cry for the NFL to make them younger. As a result you have more inexperience. 

I guess works both ways though. I thought last week the Colts were big beneficiaries of bad officiating.

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

They are far stinkier this year than past years. I've heard that it might be because there was a cry for the NFL to make them younger. As a result you have more inexperience. 

I guess works both ways though. I thought last week the Colts were big beneficiaries of bad officiating.

Yeah we got some calls but that has been rare for this season. Remember how many calls that were going against us early in the season. Bogus Holding calls, etc.. Seemed like every time we had a big play a hold would be called LOL. I thought the Broncos got some calls last week too so I admit when the teams I like get calls too. I bet tonight at Pittsburgh we get no calls haha. Bills now lead 21-13!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we got some calls but that has been rare for this season. Remember how many calls that were going against us early in the season. Bogus Holding calls, etc.. Seemed like every time we had a big play a hold would be called LOL. I thought the Broncos got some calls last week too so I admit when the teams I like get calls too. I bet tonight at Pittsburgh we get no calls haha. Bills now lead 21-13!

Oh ... for sure we took a brutal beating by those nitwits the first 6-7 games. I also thought they did a horrible job by letting Denver tee off on Luck for 60 minutes.

1 minute ago, dw49 said:

Oh ... for sure we took a brutal beating by those nitwits the first 6-7 games. I also thought they did a horrible job by letting Denver tee off on Luck for 60 minutes.

Yeah there were at least 2 obvious roughing penalties on Andrew that weren't called. Andrew put his body on the line that game. He knew we had to win that because a loss would've put us 3-6 at that time. Unfortunately it put him out for a month or so but Hass has held the fort down well enough.

3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I'm not going to try to hide from that fact that just maybe Houston stumbled on to a QB. If the last 4-5 weeks is really Hoyer , he has improved greatly. Pretty much perfect on that first half vs Buff.

Hoyer is like that though. He played great for the Browns in a stretch but then stunk it up. He does look good right now, I agree. The Texans game actually does make me nervous a bit but we should win especially if Andrew plays.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hoyer is like that though. He played great for the Browns in a stretch but then stunk it up. He does look good right now, I agree. The Texans game actually does make me nervous a bit but we should win especially if Andrew plays.

Agreed

Hoyer is like a roller coaster