Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What A Weird Feeling

cmgww

For the first time since I was a senior in college, my Colts will not be taking the field this or next weekend for a playoff game. It's finally sinking in and just feels weird...we as fans have had a great run, and I personally think we're a spoiled fan base from all the success. Could the Colts have won another SB? Sure. But no matter what happens in the future, I'll be grateful for getting it done (platoffs, division titles, two SB trips) for 9 straight seasons, and 10 of the past 12....

For the first time since I was a senior in college, my Colts will not be taking the field this or next weekend for a playoff game. It's finally sinking in and just feels weird...we as fans have had a great run, and I personally think we're a spoiled fan base from all the success. Could the Colts have won another SB? Sure. But no matter what happens in the future, I'll be grateful for getting it done (platoffs, division titles, two SB trips) for 9 straight seasons, and 10 of the past 12....

Ya know...I really don't like the dropping of the word "spoiled" and slapping it on our heads because of our fortunes. It carries a negative connotation.

I prefer to say that we were fortunate and now we must adjust. However, we have every reason to firmly believe that this down-time won't last long, and boy is the rest of the leagues fans gonna hate us for what we're going to do over the years to come.

yeah it's bad we're not in playoffs(1st time in about 10 years) BUT look at our "consolation prize"- a QB that is supposed to be the best coming out of college since Manning. We may have Peyton for a year or two and then we will have Luck at qb. We can dominate,at least from the qb position, for the next decade and a half.

Despite our awful season, TIMES ARE GOOD 4 COLT FANS starting in Sept. 2012.

Yes they will. I guess since it is now playoff time...and especially this year since the SB is in Indy it stings especially hard. I know the Colts even with Manning would have had a hard time getting to the big game, but you never know. This is an entirely different team witha healthy Manning

Only been following football (and the Colts) since mid 2004, so not had this experience before. In a very perverse way, I actually enjoyed this season. Just willing the team on to get that first win. Then willing the team on not to get that 2nd/3rd win an blow the #1 pick. It also made me sure of what I already knew, that I'm not one of these 'bandwagon' fans (horrible label I may add) and I'm in this for the duration.Also, I didn't miss that nervy gut feeling as Manning had to lead us from behind in the last few minutes every other week (ok, I lie, but you know what I mean).

More than anything, I really do look forward to what most fans have had to endure before. A re-building phase. Hopefully with a new Franchise QB if PM retires. Sport is not all about winning, it's living through the lean times as well as the glory days, and I kinda welcome that.

I saved enough loot to come over this season to see my first Colts game (Jskinnz promised to be my guide!), but when Peyton went down, I kept my cash for next season, in the hope I can see the great man (PM) in action next year. If he doen't make it for 2012, I'm coming to the LOS either way. It's been too long. I just hope we are competetive.....

Yep, a weird feeling indeed.....

I feel like since the Colts did so bad this season it affected a lot of the other teams in the NFL. Playoff picture on the AFC side could have looked a lot different.

Yeah-- the Bengals would not have lost to the Texans... they would've lost to the COLTS! Also, the AFC North would not have sent their entire division to the playoffs (save the Browns of course).

Its even a more odd feeling with the Super Bowl in Indy./..

I feel like a great opportunity was missed that may not come again in our lifetime.

I'd Like Indy to host the Super Bowl every 6 or 7 years but that's not likely

Only been following football (and the Colts) since mid 2004, so not had this experience before. In a very perverse way, I actually enjoyed this season. Just willing the team on to get that first win. Then willing the team on not to get that 2nd/3rd win an blow the #1 pick. It also made me sure of what I already knew, that I'm not one of these 'bandwagon' fans (horrible label I may add) and I'm in this for the duration.Also, I didn't miss that nervy gut feeling as Manning had to lead us from behind in the last few minutes every other week (ok, I lie, but you know what I mean).

More than anything, I really do look forward to what most fans have had to endure before. A re-building phase. Hopefully with a new Franchise QB if PM retires. Sport is not all about winning, it's living through the lean times as well as the glory days, and I kinda welcome that.

I saved enough loot to come over this season to see my first Colts game (Jskinnz promised to be my guide!), but when Peyton went down, I kept my cash for next season, in the hope I can see the great man (PM) in action next year. If he doen't make it for 2012, I'm coming to the LOS either way. It's been too long. I just hope we are competetive.....

Yep, a weird feeling indeed.....

Heaven help us there is going to be an invasion in 2012. :blueshoe::fb::blueshoe:

Actually watching these playoff games were easier to watch. Colts most likely would have lost last weak and it would still be burning today. Think about it. In the last 10 yaers, only 1 time went right. I would like that to change but I'm not holding my breath. Manning,Luck or who ever runs this team, we need better coaching at all levels and positions.

Actually watching these playoff games were easier to watch. Colts most likely would have lost last weak and it would still be burning today. Think about it. In the last 10 yaers, only 1 time went right. I would like that to change but I'm not holding my breath. Manning,Luck or who ever runs this team, we need better coaching at all levels and positions.

MCurtis..

for me..twice it went right....

I enjoyed the runner-up season...hat was a very, very good year.

But it is easier to watch the games when you dont care..

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!