Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts To Interview Eagles' Ryan Grigson For Gm Job

Coltswarriors

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. I'm not mad. I just got under my skin the way you replied to That Guy. Really no call for it imo.

But we're good. No problem with you at all. :hug:

You know it's common forum practice world wide to take the initiative and search for information your looking for before creating a post asking for it. I'm not sure why that wouldn't apply here.

I'm glad were good now though, because your post to me was just as condesending.

No. I'm not mad. I just got under my skin the way you replied to That Guy. Really no call for it imo.

But we're good. No problem with you at all. :hug:

Don't worry... I'm Greek (we love a good argument... or a riot...), and if it gets heated, I don't take offense. He was being sarcastic, as we all do sometimes.

No worries! :)

I agree. That is why I asked for your sources. If you had good sources, I would have altered my opinion.

I received:

One twitter posting

One snide remark

I take neither of them seriously. :D

Your more than welcome to use google to see what else if out there if your really curious. I don't have time right now but I'm sure there are other sources reporthing this as well.

You know it's common forum practice world wide to take the initiative and search for information your looking for before creating a post asking for it. I'm not sure why that wouldn't apply here.

I'm glad were good now though, because your post to me was just as condesending.

It's also common practice to display your sources, in case other people have different sources. I do not follow Twitter, so I did not have the same sources as you. I asked to see a source so I could clear up some confusion on my end.

Thank you for your source!

I'll be the first to say Vince Young was a bad signing, but we all talk about making a key free agent signing in the offseason, it looks like this guy would be one to pull that trigger.

Do I have to remind you who our former GM signed as a backup QB???

http://legacy.philad...rigson_r_1.html

Grigson's bio from the Eagles' website. Seems like he's had a pretty good run for a young guy. Plus, he's from Northwest Indiana and graduated from Purdue. He may really want this job.

Thanks for the link. I don't claim to know who the best candidate is, but it is obvious Irsay is looking for people in the assistant GM/director of player personnel category by who he has shown interest in and his statements during the press conference. Shefter reported on Twitter that we already interviewed Grigson, so he is serious about him. I also just saw that De Costa is going to stay with the Ravens per the team's twitter feed.

Grigson is an Indiana boy, and this part of his bio sounds promising: "During his 12 years as an NFL talent evaluator, Grigson's teams have been to the playoffs eight times and made three trips to the Super Bowl, including winning one SB with St. Louis.

I think it is looking more and more like Telesco will be promoted...JMV is now stating this in not so many words.

http://legacy.philad...rigson_r_1.html

Grigson's bio from the Eagles' website. Seems like he's had a pretty good run for a young guy. Plus, he's from Northwest Indiana and graduated from Purdue. He may really want this job.

I want to say that Ryan Grigson played for Highland in the 1987 high school state championship football game against Ben Davis...

But I'm old and the memory fades :hmm:

Reading through this thread, I'm starting to like Grigson a lot more than I originally did. Granted, he's young. The Eagles have made some personnel mistakes recently. But he learned from some good guys with the Rams, and he's ultimately not in charge of decisions. He's a scouting and cap manager, essentially, and they've done both of those very well. Always have talent, both in the draft and free agency, and they manage the cap well.

I want to say that Ryan Grigson was an offensive lineman at Highland high school up here in Lake County..

Play at Purdue in the 90s..if this is the same guy..

Part of his interest may be that he's a Hoosier native...

If they thought the best guy was from Pluto, that would be the candidate. Where he is from is a nice side story but will have little bearing on the decision to bring him on or not.

If they thought the best guy was from Pluto, that would be the candidate. Where he is from is a nice side story but will have little bearing on the decision to bring him on or not.

But when you look at the draw between McKenzie and the Raiders, the local draw for Grigson might help us land him. Doesn't make him a better candidate, but it's relevant.

But J

It might have some bearing on HIS interest..to come here....and stay here...

He's from here...

When you said his, I thought you were talking about Irsay not Grigson. Perhaps there is interest on Grigson's part because it is the team from his home state, but even with that, I would question it. If he is pursued by two teams, doesn't he go where he thinks the best opportunity lies?

When you said his, I thought you were talking about Irsay not Grigson. Perhaps there is interest on Grigson's part because it is the team from his home state, but even with that, I would question it. If he is pursued by two teams, doesn't he go where he thinks the best opportunity lies?

But the Colts are a premier franchise..above and beyond all the others looking for GMs

With Peyton Manning and the No.1 Overall draft choice plus a rich owner and a relatively new stadium

a GM's DREAM

This IS the best opportunity..

and everybody wants to come home :whiteflag: :heart::hug::cake: :luv:

What if Irsay belives he is the best fit? Was I talking about Irsay?

He is underqualified, and has very little experience in the front office, nothing to do with the name. Once again only a FOOL would think this is the BEST option. I'm not saying he isn't a good option if you can't get what you want, but he surely isn't the BEST.

Guys have to get a start some place. Sometimes you take a risk on a young guy and it pays off. Just ask the Redsox with Theo Epstein. I am not saying the Colts will take a risk on him but hey we aren't the only ones interviewing him either so we must not be the only team that isn't concerned about him being underqualifed or not.

So if Jim Irsay thinks this is the best guy out there and gives him the job are you going to call Irsay a fool? If so you are more than welcomed to. Personally I am willing to admit that Jim Irsay is probably in a better spot than any of us to decide if someone is underqalifed or not and if they are the best fit for the job or not and I will trust whatever direction he goes with this short of him hiring himself or Matt Millen.

Guys have to get a start some place. Sometimes you take a risk on a young guy and it pays off. Just ask the Redsox with Theo Epstein. I am not saying the Colts will take a risk on him but hey we aren't the only ones interviewing him either so we must not be the only team that isn't concerned about him being underqualifed or not.

So if Jim Irsay thinks this is the best guy out there and gives him the job are you going to call Irsay a fool? If so you are more than welcomed to. Personally I am willing to admit that Jim Irsay is probably in a better spot than any of us to decide if someone is underqalifed or not and if they are the best fit for the job or not and I will trust whatever direction he goes with this short of him hiring himself or Matt Millen.

I think your just egging me on here or your really just dont get the point i'm trying to make. We agree that taking someone unproven is a risk thats a good start. I'll roll with whatever Irsay does, he is the boss and he will do it. I was merely saying that from all the knowledge we have available to us he does not shine as much as other candidates.

I think your just egging me on here or your really just dont get the point i'm trying to make. We agree that taking someone unproven is a risk thats a good start. I'll roll with whatever Irsay does, he is the boss and he will do it. I was merely saying that from all the knowledge we have available to us he does not shine as much as other candidates.

I am not trying to egg you on at all, I am just pointing out that just because someone is young for the job does not mean you should just write them off and that frankly we aren't the best people to make that call. Look at my other posts in other threads to other posters and you'll see you aren't the only person I've pointed that out too. If you choose to take it as directed at you nothing I can do about that.

I am not trying to egg you on at all, I am just pointing out that just because someone is young for the job does not mean you should just write them off and that frankly we aren't the best people to make that call. Look at my other posts in other threads to other posters and you'll see you aren't the only person I've pointed that out too. If you choose to take it as directed at you nothing I can do about that.

but your pointing it out for no reason? I never said we should write him off all I'm saying is there are better candidates out there, anyone can see that by doing a little research.

Completely agree. Even used Epstein as well in my debate with him.

but your pointing it out for no reason? I never said we should write him off all I'm saying is there are better candidates out there, anyone can see that by doing a little research.

Completely, utterly, ridiculously off base.

First off, unless you have been in on the interviews and know the stance of all people being considered, you have absolutely zero idea if there are better candidates out there. Nada. None. Zilch

You are equating experience with better candidates. The Epstein reference is spot on. As is the others I made today.

Edited by 21isSuperman
Mod edit: personal shot

You also said anyone who thinks he should be hired is fool. I just asked you does that include Jim Irsay if he feels that way? I also said if you do that's fine. If you don't that fine too.

I don't think anyone is saying we should go get this guy but I think some people are writing him off (not just you) are over reacting a bit. I mean the dude got an interview we didn't offer him the job (at least not that has been reported). That's the point of an interview to see if they do feel he is underqualifed or if something is there.

It's a message board don't take it so personally just because someone else has a different view of things than you do. Trust me I have better things to do (as I am sure you do as well) than to hold a personal grudge against someone on the internet. If really didn't care about your opinion I would just put you on ignore and not respond to you at all.

Completely, utterly, ridiculously off base.

First off, unless you have been in on the interviews and know the stance of all people being considered, you have absolutely zero idea if there are better candidates out there. Nada. None. Zilch

You are equating experience with better candidates and that is remarkably narrow-minded. The Epstein reference is spot on. As is the others I made today.

Your SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dense I dont know if I can stand it. Can we PLEASE get an ignore feature on this forum?

I can surely make an EDUCATED GUESS based on FACTS who has more experience and better performance track record who a better candidate should be. There are MANY MANY MANY unknowns that may tilt the scales towards one person over another but guess what that information isn't available to me, I can only make a hypothesis based on what I know. You are just spitting out utter foolish nonsense on this thread and i'm surprised someone else hasn't called you out on it yet.

You also said anyone who thinks he should be hired is fool. I just asked you does that include Jim Irsay if he feels that way? I also said if you do that's fine. If you don't that fine too.

I don't think anyone is saying we should go get this guy but I think some people are writing him off (not just you) are over reacting a bit. I mean the dude got an interview we didn't offer him the job (at least not that has been reported). That's the point of an interview to see if they do feel he is underqualifed or if something is there.

It's a message board don't take it so personally just because someone else has a different view of things than you do. Trust me I have better things to do (as I am sure you do as well) than to hold a personal grudge against someone on the internet. If really didn't care about your opinion I would just put you on ignore and not respond to you at all.

Here we go again are you JSkinnz stunt double?

WHERE DID I EVER SAY THAT ANYONE WHO THINKS HE SHOULD BE HIRED IS A FOOL?

Where did I say I was writing him off?

Are you making up mythical fairy tales in your head? I'm just not sure where this is coming from.

Your SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Dense I dont know if I can stand it. Can we PLEASE get an ignore feature on this forum?

I can surely make an EDUCATED GUESS based on FACTS who has more experience and better performance track record who a better candidate should be. There are MANY MANY MANY unknowns that may tilt the scales towards one person over another but guess what that information isn't available to me, I can only make a hypothesis based on what I know. You are just spitting out utter foolish nonsense on this thread and i'm surprised someone else hasn't called you out on it yet.

Please someone other than SilentHill call me out on this thread. Anyone will do.

If you look around, you are the one who people are questioning.

Maybe it's you??

What if Irsay belives he is the best fit? Was I talking about Irsay?

He is underqualified, and has very little experience in the front office, nothing to do with the name. Once again only a FOOL would think this is the BEST option. I'm not saying he isn't a good option if you can't get what you want, but he surely isn't the BEST.

Are you making up mythical fairy tales in your head? I'm just not sure where this is coming from.

What does that say up there? Your own words "Once again only a FOOL would think this is the BEST option" I am sorry I made the leap from thinking best option ment that someone should be hired because you know that is such a reach to make...

What does that say up there? Your own words "Once again only a FOOL would think this is the BEST option" I am sorry I made the leap from thinking best option ment that someone should be hired because you know that is such a reach to make...

It is.... FOr the what is it 5th or 6th time now I'm going to tell you that it is FOOLISH to think he is the best option. Can you honestly tell me you look at the GM's that have been talked about and you think this guy is the best option? This is based upon only what you know. I'm not saying he is a bad option he may be a close #2 but he is not the best option in my opinion based on the available information.

Direct quote - "Once again only a FOOL would think this is the BEST option"

Anything else?

It is.... FOr the what is it 5th or 6th time now I'm going to tell you that it is FOOLISH to think he is the best option. Can you honestly tell me you look at the GM's that have been talked about and you think this guy is the best option? This is based upon only what you know. I'm not saying he is a bad option he may be a close #2 but he is not the best option in my opinion based on the available information.

And for the 5th or 6th time, YOU do not have all of the available information.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 6, 2012 - Rude and inflammatory
Hidden by Nadine, January 6, 2012 - Rude and inflammatory

Direct quote - "Once again only a FOOL would think this is the BEST option"

Anything else?

Shut up. You obviously dont comprehend. Your just giving me a headache.

And for the 5th or 6th time, YOU do not have all of the available information.

WE KINDA AGREE! YAY! (except I dont have unavailable information like that shared in an interview but I do have stats)

Now if we can only come to terms with the FACT that my statement was based upon the information we have available we can close this book.

Any chance Ryan Grigso would be able to talk Howard Mudd into coming back to us? I miss him. Did he leave due to disagreements with the Polians?

It's funny how people can complain about us drafted "undersized" offensive linemen, and then say how much they miss Howard Mudd. He was the reason we drafted smaller offensive linemen. I don't really miss him. He's an older guy, and eventually he's going to get out of the coaching game. I would rather we go with a younger and new line coach. I actually like Metzelaars, based on this season.

It's funny how people can complain about us drafted "undersized" offensive linemen, and then say how much they miss Howard Mudd. He was the reason we drafted smaller offensive linemen. I don't really miss him. He's an older guy, and eventually he's going to get out of the coaching game. I would rather we go with a younger and new line coach. I actually like Metzelaars, based on this season.

I agree, never understood the love for Mudd at all. The Colts were routinely good pass blocking but have been terrible for a long time in run blocking. If Mudd was such a magician with O-lines, why on earth was Philly's so bad this yr.? Mudd=overrated!

Do you happen to know why Mudd left?

And I think people have been complaining that (with the exception of last year) we have been starting undrafted players along our line (Saturday - undrafted, Joe Reitz - undrafted, Jeff Linkenbach - undrafted) or players in wrong positions (Ryan Diem - round four guard who spent much of his career at tackle, Mike Pollack - round two center who has been playing guard).