Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injury News/Report

TKnight24

Pagano on the Colts never having lost three in a row under him: “These guys will respond. They always have."

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

October 30, 2015

Pagano on the Colts never having lost three in a row under him: “These guys will respond. They always have."

That's part of the problem Chuck... quit waiting for other people to bail you out.

Mike Adams was listed as a “full participant” on Friday’s injury report. He was limited Thursday. Adams is expected to play on Monday night.

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

October 30, 2015

Mike Adams was listed as a “full participant” on Friday’s injury report. He was limited Thursday. Adams is expected to play on Monday night.

https://twitter.com/mchappell51/status/660120606696980480

Pagano: If you play good, take care of football, eliminate friendly fire, give ourselves a chance to win.

I'm not crazy about this attitude. It seems more reactive than proactive. This offense shouldn't have a "chance to win", it should CONTOL the game.

It just seems like a weak approach.

I'd like to hear more about making guys accountable for their jobs, and getting back yo solid, aggressive, smart football. Getting aay from what isn't workng and doing more of what has worked. And NO MORE trick plays.

Coaches have to coach better and players have to play better. Stick to your assignments and play aggressively.

I'm not crazy about this attitude. It seems more reactive than proactive. This offense shouldn't have a "chance to win", it should CONTOL the game.

It just seems like a weak approach.

I'd like to hear more about making guys accountable for their jobs, and getting back yo solid, aggressive, smart football. Getting aay from what isn't workng and doing more of what has worked. And NO MORE trick plays.

Coaches have to coach better and players have to play better. Stick to your assignments and play aggressively.

and it starts with reducing penalties and turnovers which is what Pagano is talking about here and has been the Colts biggest problem this season. 

The nature of being a coach lends itself to having your destiny determined by others.

No it doesn't.  I've been coaching for years and when we have a bad game or two it's up to me and the other coaches to fix the problems that have been happening, we don't just say, well the kids have always responded before....

Uhh, what about us playing a better team at the top of THEIR game?

Eh not defending pagano as he needs canned yesterday but he's right. 75 percent of our issues are because of self inflicted dumb stuff like penalties, turnovers, bad play calling etc.

Doesn't matter who you are playing when you're doing that stuff

No it doesn't. I've been coaching for years and when we have a bad game or two it's up to me and the other coaches to fix the problems that have been happening, we don't just say, well the kids have always responded before....

That's really great you're a coach. When you get out there and start running the plays yourself I'll agree with you. Until then you still need someone else to listen to what you say and go out and execute. I'm never claimed you were powerless to affect the results, merely the simple nature of the position requires you depend on someone else.

Pagano: Early struggles for team. 'Just gotta play better. It's right there. It's all fixable. You guys see the same things we do.'

— Mike Chappell (@mchappell51)

October 30, 2015

Pagano: Early struggles for team. 'Just gotta play better. It's right there. It's all fixable. You guys see the same things we do.'

Re: "[We] (you guys) see the same things [the coaches] (we) do." isn't the case at all. CanuckCotsFan is right. It's hard to play your best when you don't have confidence you are being put in position to play well. Part of this problem is when you don't totally focus on doing your job because you are concerned about others not doing their jobs (yes, that sounds like Belichick). This causes "the Superman syndrome", the thing that always gets Superman in trouble, nearly killing him. "Superman, you just gotta play better." Horsefeathers.

Clues: Andrew "crouching" to avoid "being seen" before a throw (Andrew, they can see you), or playing in panic mode (most of the team, including Luck). Compare with other good QBs who look down-right calm in the pocket even though they get the ball out very fast.