Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Receive Permission To Interview Falcons Les Snead

Superman

https://twitter.com/#!/AJCFalcons

Indianapolis rec'd permission from the #Falcons to interview Les Snead for GM post.

From Falcons website:

Les Snead begins his 13th season with the Falcons personnel department and the third under his title of Director of Player Personnel. Snead oversees both the college and pro scouting efforts and works closely with Falcons General Manager Thomas Dimitroff. He also plays a day-to-day role in the analysis and evaluation of the Falcons current roster and provides salary value analysis of all player acquisitions, while aiding in the research on how to acquire future free agents.

Snead came to Atlanta from Jacksonville, where he worked in the pro scouting department for the Jaguars from 1995-97. During his NFL career he has participated in one Super Bowl appearance (with the Falcons) and three Conference Championship Games.

Les played tight end for Auburn from 1992-93 and was part of the Tigers’ perfect 11-0 team in 1993. He also earned Southeast Region Academic All-American honors during his college career. This 37 year-old native of Eufaula, Ala., was a graduate assistant at Auburn after his playing days were over. Snead also was an administrative assistant of football operations at his alma mater in 1995.

He holds a bachelor of science degree in Psychology and planned to attend medical school until he was offered a graduate assistant coaching position at his alma mater. While working as a graduate assistant he received a Master’s of Education degree. Les has finished two marathons. He and his wife, Elizabeth, reside with their son, Logan, and daughter, Cannon, in Braselton, Georgia.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/roster-staffs/les-snead/

I think this is Irsay looking at lots of potential people, with it eventually being McKenzie or DeCosta.

They are easily the two best options out there. The intriguing thing is to think of possible head coaches for each... McKenzie overseeing an offensive team and DeCosta overseeing a Defensive team. Does that influence their decision??

If he comes, maybe he could bring Mike Mularkey with him as head coach...

why? mularkey's resume doesn't exactly wow me. he would be an improvement over "radio", but a dead baby seal would be an improvement of jimbo...

I think this is Irsay looking at lots of potential people, with it eventually being McKenzie or DeCosta.

They are easily the two best options out there. The intriguing thing is to think of possible head coaches for each... McKenzie overseeing an offensive team and DeCosta overseeing a Defensive team. Does that influence their decision??

Snead is a highly rated prospect as well.

I don't know who it winds up being, but I like that Irsay is doing just what he said he would: conducting an exhaustive search for candidates, interviewing as many as possible, and then making a decision he feels good about. As long as he doesn't make some radical choice, I think this will work out really well.

In other news, Tom Telesco got permission from Irsay to interview with the Bears, so I think that says something about Telesco's prospects for the GM gig here.

why? mularkey's resume doesn't exactly wow me. he would be an improvement over "radio", but a dead baby seal would be an improvement of jimbo...

He's balanced a good offense in Atlanta around a solid but not exceptional quarterback and a powerful running back. I like his temperament. I like the way his players talk about him. In good situations in the past, he's done good things with other teams. He was on my short list. Not necessarily at the top of it, but I think he'd be a good fit for a team in the position we're going to be in.

I don't think equating him with a dead baby seal is an accurate representation of his potential as a head coach.

On the other hand, I feel the same way about Jeff Fisher that you appear to feel about Mike Mularkey. Except that Jeff Fisher proved over the course of a decade that he's merely a mediocre head coach.

He's balanced a good offense in Atlanta around a solid but not exceptional quarterback and a powerful running back. I like his temperament. I like the way his players talk about him. In good situations in the past, he's done good things with other teams. He was on my short list. Not necessarily at the top of it, but I think he'd be a good fit for a team in the position we're going to be in.

I don't think equating him with a dead baby seal is an accurate representation of his potential as a head coach.

On the other hand, I feel the same way about Jeff Fisher that you appear to feel about Mike Mularkey. Except that Jeff Fisher proved over the course of a decade that he's merely a mediocre head coach.

the dead baby seal jab was at caldwell not mularkey...

I second that. Eric DeCosta for GM and Chuck Pagano for head coach OR Reggie McKenzie for GM and Brian Billick for head coach, I would love both combos.

Brian Billick is the man for the job, 100%. In all likelihood, I can't see him being hired unless maybe Eric DeCosta is hired.

yea it was but i was referring more about maybe Les wants to come to a better team.

The Falcons aren't a bad team. I don't think he's necessarily trying to jump ship. I think he's probably just trying to move into the big chair while his stock is still high.

The Falcons aren't a bad team. I don't think he's necessarily trying to jump ship. I think he's probably just trying to move into the big chair while his stock is still high.

They arn't bad but they aren't great either ;)

I'd like to have him I like there draft strategy and how they handle FA's

If he comes, maybe he could bring Mike Mularkey with him as head coach...

NO and NO!!!!Mike Mularkey is a horrible play caller, have you seen the last two playoff games he has called. Idon't even think they tried a pass over 6 yards yeaterday. Very boring team on offense for all the talent they have.

NO and NO!!!!Mike Mularkey is a horrible play caller, have you seen the last two playoff games he has called. Idon't even think they tried a pass over 6 yards yeaterday. Very boring team on offense for all the talent they have.

After yesterday, I see what you're saying. But he's been the coordinator there for more than just two playoff games. I don't think it's fair to grade someone on the basis of two games, when he's been a coordinator for three seasons (51 games, including the playoffs) and has coached a very balanced and effective offense.

After yesterday, I see what you're saying. But he's been the coordinator there for more than just two playoff games. I don't think it's fair to grade someone on the basis of two games, when he's been a coordinator for three seasons (51 games, including the playoffs) and has coached a very balanced and effective offense.

Last year against the Pack was just as bad.

Last year against the Pack was just as bad.

Those are two pretty good teams, with two pretty good defenses. And you can find a couple bad games on any candidates resume over the past three years. Next thing, we're going to be saying Sean Payton is suspect because the Saints had a bad game against the Rams. Everyone has a bad game every once in a while. When it happens against a good team, sometimes it's just because the other team is a bad matchup for you, or because you made silly mistakes. It doesn't undo all the good.