Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

calling this now

danlhart87

Actually I could see them both winning a game or 2. Both teams look really good. Andy Dalton is having a really good year. A lot of people were down on him, but he's looking like he's put it all together this year. As for the Falcons. I think they can beat anybody with that offense.

Calling it now... why?  There's no glory in going with history rather than knowing that every past record will be broken some day/year.  

Both of those teams are NEW teams.  What their franchise did in the past is just that and they have just as much chance of breaking through as any other team.  

Andy Dalton has gotten much better the past couple years.  Not my fav QB but certainly adequate.  

I haven't seen the Falcons play all year so no comment on them.  

So much football between now and the playoffs that your prediction won't even be remembered (unless someone pulls it out to taunt you after one or both of those teams go into the 2nd round  :thmup: )

Or they'll both break their bad luck and win some playoff games, heck maybe even make it to the big one! The last time the Bengals went 5-0 was my first year of life. I can be bold too!

Falcons were one play away from the SB last they were in the playoffs.

Unless they win the division I don't even have the Falcons in the playoffs. I think Carolina manhandles them. If I'm wrong, it's not like we'll be witnessing once in a lifetime history. The Falcons have won a playoff game in this era.

Meanwhile if the Bengals win 1 people will just find something fraudulent about it in the same breath that they make excuses for this forums 2 darling teams that always go 1 and done.

I'm not buying the Bengals hype. Dalton and Lewis are gonna find a way to choke away another playoff opportunity.

Dalton looks like a totally different QB this year. I don't know where or how he found it but his pocket poise and confidence is on a whole different level right now. I watched the entire Seahawks/Bengals game last weekend (girlfriend is a Bengals fan), and normally he would fold under the circumstances they were put into in the late 3rd/early 4th quarters, but he looked as if it was still a 7-7 game when they were down 24-7. He lead 3 beautiful drives against one of the premier defenses in the league and didn't let the pressure overwhelm him. I think the guy has finally turned the corner.

Atlanta? I'm still hesitant on, but I think a ton of credit has to go to Washington's defense. They are quietly one of the best units in the league. If their offense can find some consistency, I wouldn't be surprised to see them represent the NFC East.