Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unfair that our Thursday game is always on the road

peytonmanning18

Seriously, we never play these Thursday night games at home. Other than 2011 every single one of our Thursday night games have been on the road. We usually win but to me, making a team go on the road on a short week is a disadvantage and we deal with it every single year.

The 2007 Saints season opener doesn't count because we were coming off the Super Bowl win.

Seriously, we never play these Thursday night games at home. Other than 2011 every single one of our Thursday night games have been on the road. We usually win but to me, making a team go on the road on a short week is a disadvantage and we deal with it every single year.

The 2007 Saints season opener doesn't count because we were coming off the Super Bowl win.

It doesn't matter. We always win.

When's the last time we lost on Thursday night?

I remember seeing a stat a year or two ago saying we have the best Thursday night record of any team in the league. We don't lose many Thursday night games, I can't remember the last one we lost. Who was our Thursday night game the year Peyton was out? Maybe that year.

I remember seeing a stat a year or two ago saying we have the best Thursday night record of any team in the league. We don't lose many Thursday night games, I can't remember the last one we lost. Who was our Thursday night game the year Peyton was out? Maybe that year.

That was our only Thursday home game against Houston in which we had two terrible calls goes our way to help us win

When was the last time we played a team that wasn't terrible? It's always Houston, Tennessee, or Jacksonville.

So???

You're the one complaining that we always have to go on the road. Now you're complaining that it's always a bad team? What do you really want? Good heavens...

I don't give a % who we play, but it's horse% that the NFL makes the Colts go on the road for this game every year

As long as it's not against New England on a short week I personally couldn't care less about being in the road on a short week.

Now that I thought of this I figured out the one they did lose, 2004, season opener in New England.

I don't count the Thursday season opener....for one, both teams aren't coming off a regular season game the week prior. They are coming off a meaningless preseason game where the starters don't even play. We destroyed the Saints in the 2007 season opener. Man had we not gotten severely injured that year we probably could have repeated...that New England game (Game of The Century Part 2 it was dubbed at the time) really hurt us. The following week we were missing like 6 starters against SD. But I digress....

We do seem to have drawn the short end of the stick for these Thursday night games in terms of having to go on the road. Thank goodness there is a mini bye week on the back end. And we are the only team that has never lost an in-season Thursday night game...knock on wood. (Not counting 2004/2007 season openers)

I don't count the Thursday season opener....for one, both teams aren't coming off a regular season game the week prior. They are coming off a meaningless preseason game where the starters don't even play. We destroyed the Saints in the 2007 season opener. Man had we not gotten severely injured that year we probably could have repeated...that New England game (Game of The Century Part 2 it was dubbed at the time) really hurt us. The following week we were missing like 6 starters against SD. But I digress....

We do seem to have drawn the short end of the stick for these Thursday night games in terms of having to go on the road. Thank goodness there is a mini bye week on the back end. And we are the only team that has never lost an in-season Thursday night game...knock on wood. (Not counting 2004/2007 season openers)

Maybe not but the question was when was the last time the Colts lost on Thursday.  There you go.