Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton!

needanoline63

Apparently NFL players don't agree. They almost never wear them, especially at WR

I understand that, but it seems ridiculous with the technology we have today to not want to protect yourself as much as possible. It's funny because it seems like NBA players are moving towards more padding (look at Lebron) and NFL players are wearing less. It makes no sense why you would not want a little extra protection for such a physical sport.

Pads do help against bruising and I don't see how anyone can argue that. For fun sake, put a foam pad on your knee and slam a helmet on it. Now try it without the pad and tell me which hurt less.

I understand that, but it seems ridiculous with the technology we have today to not want to protect yourself as much as possible. It's funny because it seems like NBA players are moving towards more padding (look at Lebron) and NFL players are wearing less. It makes no sense why you would not want a little extra protection for such a physical sport.

Pads do help against bruising and I don't see how anyone can argue that. For fun sake, put a foam pad on your knee and slam a helmet on it. Now try it without the pad and tell me which hurt less.

That does sound fun!

FYI, that dumb guy in your avatar isn't wearing knee pads. He never did.

Plus, it's illegal to not wear knee or thigh pads, since 2013, so TY was wearing them.

That does sound fun!

FYI, that dumb guy in your avatar isn't wearing knee pads. He never did.

Plus, it's illegal to not wear knee or thigh pads, since 2013, so TY was wearing them.

FYI, I never said that he did. I did not know it was made illegal though...but that just helps reaffirm my point. I'm sure the nfl didn't put that rule in place just for the heck of it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Packers fans can tell me about Joe Barry that was their DC from 2021-23. They were always in the Top 12-15 range in terms of points per game as opposed to the Colts.   But the year 2021, the Colts were on par because we ran the ball well and possessed it well. Not so much in 2022, and 2023 was a bit of defensive regression for decent possession of the ball from Bradley’s unit.   Brandon Staley is another name but I’d prefer Jon Barry for his units to generate pressure. Otherwise we’d have to look at college like Packers getting the Boston College HC.   I’m a fan of Jim Leonhard that was a heck of a defensive coach / DC at Wisconsin, and is now a DB coach with Broncos. Dave Merritt, the Chiefs DB coach has done an outstanding job there and was interviewed for DC by 49ers.   My pick would be Jim Leonhard or Dave Merritt.    
    • You can’t keep winning only scoring one TD A game. I think they have gotten some what lucky with who they have played. Colds dline beat up so we will see.
    • What I meant is they are not going to come out and just throw 50 times. They are going to try and break your will and run out the clock. It’s  probably going to be a low scoring game. They have only scored 3 offensive TD. I am shocked they str 3-0. They don’t have many offensive weapons. Harris is not really a pass catching back who will break a long run. Now could that change. Off course. But their Oline id beat up. I was reading an article how they tried to open things up and Fields immediately got sacked. He they try to open things up till he revert back to Bears fields. 
    • I don’t know enough of the position coaches on other teams to say who is worthy of promotion. Best to keep an eye out on head coaches on the hot seat and their staffs. 
    • Sadly also changing my Colts pick.. 😞   Steelers 21 vs Colts 17
  • Members

• Zoltan

Zoltan 3,312

• DEColtsLover36

DEColtsLover36 2,205

• JAS90

JAS90 0

Rookie
    • chad72

chad72 18,685

• Dunk