Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton!

needanoline63

Apparently NFL players don't agree. They almost never wear them, especially at WR

I understand that, but it seems ridiculous with the technology we have today to not want to protect yourself as much as possible. It's funny because it seems like NBA players are moving towards more padding (look at Lebron) and NFL players are wearing less. It makes no sense why you would not want a little extra protection for such a physical sport.

Pads do help against bruising and I don't see how anyone can argue that. For fun sake, put a foam pad on your knee and slam a helmet on it. Now try it without the pad and tell me which hurt less.

I understand that, but it seems ridiculous with the technology we have today to not want to protect yourself as much as possible. It's funny because it seems like NBA players are moving towards more padding (look at Lebron) and NFL players are wearing less. It makes no sense why you would not want a little extra protection for such a physical sport.

Pads do help against bruising and I don't see how anyone can argue that. For fun sake, put a foam pad on your knee and slam a helmet on it. Now try it without the pad and tell me which hurt less.

That does sound fun!

FYI, that dumb guy in your avatar isn't wearing knee pads. He never did.

Plus, it's illegal to not wear knee or thigh pads, since 2013, so TY was wearing them.

That does sound fun!

FYI, that dumb guy in your avatar isn't wearing knee pads. He never did.

Plus, it's illegal to not wear knee or thigh pads, since 2013, so TY was wearing them.

FYI, I never said that he did. I did not know it was made illegal though...but that just helps reaffirm my point. I'm sure the nfl didn't put that rule in place just for the heck of it.