Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has any NFL team ever...

DalTXColtsFan

If there is a defensive mind who knows how to limit Brady, it is Rex Ryan. He almost did it with Geno Smith. He pulled it off with Mark Sanchez enough times. I would not be shocked if the Bills shock the Patriots.

The whole AFC East started out strong - Pats, Bills, Dolphins and Jets all won

If there is a defensive mind who knows how to limit Brady, it is Rex Ryan. He almost did it with Geno Smith. He pulled it off with Mark Sanchez enough times. I would not be shocked if the Bills shock the Patriots.

The whole AFC East started out strong - Pats, Bills, Dolphins and Jets all won

I don't believe there is any way Bill allows a QB like Taylor to beat him. I expect a lot of looks from the Pats to keep him off-balance. I do worry about the run defense though. Still, Brady and Gronk should be more than enough to be the difference.

Not saying its a weakness but the softest spot on that Bills defense I would say is the LB coverage...and thats NE's best part of their offense. Gronk is almost impossible to cover and Chandler is almost a clone. Combine that with the great pick plays and short routes that Edelman/Amendola run I think they do enough to win.....it will be close but Brady I think is going to have a career year...like  07 all over again.

Not saying its a weakness but the softest spot on that Bills defense I would say is the LB coverage...and thats NE's best part of their offense. Gronk is almost impossible to cover and Chandler is almost a clone. Combine that with the great pick plays and short routes that Edelman/Amendola run I think they do enough to win.....it will be close but Brady I think is going to have a career year...like  07 all over again.

I am thinking the Bills pull off a close win. Rex will chip Gronk like crazy in this game and roll double coverage towards him. He will force Brady to thread the needle outside the numbers and limit him. The difference will be the Patriots' defense, and the Bills will score enough to pull off a close win.

He is going to have to with the Pats run D and secondary this year .

He is going to have to with the Pats run D and secondary this year .

Bill will get those rounded into shape by later in the year. They aren't elite like last year for sure but they will end up in the top half of the league...and when you have a top 3 offense that should be enough to get them to the SB again more than likely as I imagine the road will once again go through Foxboro. With the way some of the NFC teams are looking I might even think we could see Back to Back Championships again in NE baring injuries to Gronk or Brady.

Bill will get those rounded into shape by later in the year. They aren't elite like last year for sure but they will end up in the top half of the league...and when you have a top 3 offense that should be enough to get them to the SB again more than likely as I imagine the road will once again go through Foxboro. With the way some of the NFC teams are looking I might even think we could see Back to Back Championships again in NE baring injuries to Gronk or Brady.

When did the pats have a top 3 offense?

2011-3rd in scoring....2012-1st in scoring...2013-3rd in scoring...2014-4th in scoring. I'm not going to bother going back further but the story is pretty well the same...NE is typically a top 3 scoring offense in the league and I see no reason to think it will be any differently this year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2014/

Point being the offense is going to put up points...the defense just needs to come along to the point to where they are bend but don't break....basically like they played week 1 against Pittsburgh....if they can get off the field they will be alright....not saying NE can't be beat but they are going to be a difficult out with the Brady-Gronk connection. Honestly I think Brady pushes 50 TDs and Gronk breaks Moss's TD record of 23 if they stay healthy.

2011-3rd in scoring....2012-1st in scoring...2013-3rd in scoring...2014-4th in scoring. I'm not going to bother going back further but the story is pretty well the same...NE is typically a top 3 scoring offense in the league and I see no reason to think it will be any differently this year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2014/

It has been the case ever since Gronk came into the league in 2010.

2011 - Gronk was banged up for the SB. 2012 and 2013 - Gronk was not available for the AFCCG that Brady lost both times. 2014 - Gronk is healthy because he was eased into the year, and they win the SB. 

The only guy who has beaten Brady with Gronk, Edelman, Welker and Hernandez in the line up in the playoffs is the "Can't Wait" Rex Ryan in 2010. He has even found ways to keep the game close with "Geno Smith" at QB. With Marcel Dareus back, it is going to be another tough close fought game for the Pats.