Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: NFL looking to cut preseason down, could add postseason game

RockThatBlue

Don't completely agree.  I've never liked the idea that division winners automatically get to host a playoff game. But I agree that extending the postseason beyond 4 games WC weekend, 4 games divisional weekend, 2 games championship weekend and the super bowl is overkill.

Agree...if it ainʻt broke then donʻt fix it 

Division winners get the automatic playoff berth but not the home game. I would be fine with that.

If we are going to extend each conference seedings to 7, that means there is only 1 true #1 seed that gets the bye. I am fine with that too.

Re-seed from #2 through to #6 based on record and let the chips fall where they may. It is more likely we will see more wild card winners in this format and if a division is extremely strong, you could see the entire division making the playoffs, which would be wild.

Pre-season is boring so I can back up shortening the pre-season on that basis.  However on the basis of injury to starters, it's kind of stupid.  

The amount of time the starters play in pre-season is up to each coach.  No coach has to play his starters in any pre-season game.

shortening the preseason is something everyone can get behind. but i am not in favor of adding teams or changing the seeding in the playoffs

division winners getting the top four seeds amplifies the importance of division rivalries. and that is something that makes football more interesting than other major sports leagues

divisions are all but meaningless in the nba. and a lot of BAD teams make the postseason. no thanks to any of that nonsense in the NFL

if this happens, i blame the 2014 nfc south :)

shortening the preseason is something everyone can get behind. but i am not in favor of adding teams or changing the seeding in the playoffs

division winners getting the top four seeds amplifies the importance of division rivalries. and that is something that makes football more interesting than other major sports leagues

divisions are all but meaningless in the nba. and a lot of BAD teams make the postseason. no thanks to any of that nonsense in the NFL

if this happens, i blame the 2014 nfc south :)

I just wish the quality of the "product" was better at the beginning of the regular season (including the refs, commentators, TV production staff, as well as the football, itself). It seems to take a couple of weeks to really get started.  What would fewer pre-season games do but make this worse?