Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Paging Greg Toler

TKnight24

I know he isn't a fan favorite for the most part but I believe it's pretty obvious now that he needs to be on the field. Him & Vontae can't miss games. Defense looks completely different without them. Butler is awful on the outside. He's a slot CB and should never leave the slot EVER

Not understanding why Manusky doesn't understand this. Either move Brown to the outside or Eric Decker may go off for 100 yards next Monday night

:scorebad:

Honorable mention: Kendall Langford is the real deal :scoregood:

Toler is good for a penalty and a missed tackle a game. Him sometimes holding #2 receivers to 4 catches for 50 yards has convinced people he's good for some reason.

Well, then your top 2 CBs are allowing 5 catches for 53 yards in a game. Id say that's pretty solid.

He gave up the 10th most yards and 2nd most TDs last season.

He's not horrible. But clearly below average.

I'm not trying to say that Toler is great by any stretch of the imagination, but if you are the opposing QB who are you gonna throw at Toler or Davis?  Toler is going to be thrown at way more, the more they throw at him, the more they are going to complete against him.  Not mind boggling to figure that out.

I'm not trying to say that Toler is great by any stretch of the imagination, but if you are the opposing QB who are you gonna throw at Toler or Davis?  Toler is going to be thrown at way more, the more they throw at him, the more they are going to complete against him.  Not mind boggling to figure that out.

% completed against Toler is not the problem

% completed against Toler is not the problem

Never said the % completed is.  It's just that the more a CB is thrown at the more likely they are to have passes completed against them which adds to the yardage allowed and tds allowed totals that Dustin gave.

While Davis is the much better of the 2 corners, I wouldn't be shocked if QBs went at him more that his yardage and tds allowed would go up too.

Once again it's not a % thing as much as it is a volume thing 

"Toler gets thrown at a lot" is a meme. He was thrown at 99 times. For comparison Vontae was thrown at 71, Chris Harris 89, Joe Haden 113, Aqib Talib 95, Brent Grimes 95, ect...

"Toler gets thrown at a lot" is a meme. He was thrown at 99 times. For comparison Vontae was thrown at 71, Chris Harris 89, Joe Haden 113, Aqib Talib 95, Brent Grimes 95, ect...

Nice stat.  Toler is also a bit more of a gambler when he plays.  He will give up a play by trying to make one (that may or may not be there).  You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

pagano's D relies upon good cover corners on the outside.  The lack of depth at the outside CB position was there last spring before free agency and the draft.  Last year the first backup was Gordy, but he was let go with nobody of any stature replacing him.

Apparently, the rookie isn't ready.

Toler isn't the best but I don't think his play ever cost the Colts a game, and he made nice plays on occasion.  He is missed.