Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did Castonzo Just Make Some Money ?

dw49

Patriots signed LT Nate Solder to a two-year, $20.62 million extension through 2017.

Solder will play 2015 on his fifth-year option of $7.4 million. He had a down 2014 season, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 44 tackle and struggling badly in pass protection, giving up 29 combined sacks, hits, and hurries. But Solder is one of the mainstays on what has been an ever-changing Patriots line. As part of the deal, Solder can't be franchise-tagged after the 2017 season.

The Colts are going to take care of Anthony. That's a given. I think Castonzo realizes what the football stakes are in Indianapolis and vice versa. No matter what deal is cut for him, the chances of his tenure here is a long one, barring devastating injury/extended poor play (which will not happen IMO). Besides Luck, I would venture to say that these two get locked in no matter what. The cap shouldn't be a problem as Superman and others have pointed out various times over.

Patriots signed LT Nate Solder to a two-year, $20.62 million extension through 2017.

Solder will play 2015 on his fifth-year option of $7.4 million. He had a down 2014 season, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 44 tackle and struggling badly in pass protection, giving up 29 combined sacks, hits, and hurries. But Solder is one of the mainstays on what has been an ever-changing Patriots line. As part of the deal, Solder can't be franchise-tagged after the 2017 season.

That's a short extension.

The Colts are going to take care of Anthony. That's a given. I think Castonzo realizes what the football stakes are in Indianapolis and vice versa. No matter what deal is cut for him, the chances of his tenure here is a long one, barring devastating injury/extended poor play (which will not happen IMO). Besides Luck, I would venture to say that these two get locked in no matter what. The cap shouldn't be a problem as Superman and others have pointed out various times over.

No doubt that the colts are going to extend Castonzo

Not really relevant but living and working in Indy I have served castonzo and his girlfriend and I can tell you they are one of the most intelligent,down to earth couples I have ever met in my life ! Good peeps

I love hearing this. His tweets, his TD dance, his ESPN magazine shoot are all hilarious. His Bert Reynolds pose is my fantasy football picture this year

I don't think there was any doubt that AC was already looking at a contract that averaged somewhere close to 10 million a year. AC is just hitting his prime and I would compare him skill wise similarly to Solder.

I don't think there was any doubt that AC was already looking at a contract that averaged somewhere close to 10 million a year. AC is just hitting his prime and I would compare him skill wise similarly to Solder.

That's what I thought... around 10 per year. But I was thinking he's a bit better than Slder and that's why I'm thinking his deal may have pushed Castonzo's deal up a few bucks.