Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redskins To Keep Rgiii As 2Nd String Back Up

loudnproudcolt

Washington plans to keep Griffin as their 2nd string, backing up Cousins. Makes absolutely no sense due to the injury clause. After seeing some preseason and their offensive line, if RGIII ends up playing he may get killed. After watching the Detroit game, where he was bloodied every snap, and then the Baltimore game where Cousins had good protection, it makes me wonder what will happen if he does play, and I do believe he will. 16.2M for next year if injured. Team said Snyder, McCloughan and Gruden agreed to keep him. I don't believe that for a second. Gruden got overruled, and Griffin just does not fit Gruden's system.

Link below:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000522871/article/washington-redskins-plan-to-keep-rgiii

Washington plans to keep Griffin as their 2nd string, backing up Cousins. Makes absolutely no sense due to the injury clause. After seeing some preseason and their offensive line, if RGIII ends up playing he may get killed. After watching the Detroit game, where he was bloodied every snap, and then the Baltimore game where Cousins had good protection, it makes me wonder what will happen if he does play, and I do believe he will. 16.2M for next year if injured. Team said Snyder, McCloughan and Gruden agreed to keep him. I don't believe that for a second. Gruden got overruled, and Griffin just does not fit Gruden's system.

Link below:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000522871/article/washington-redskins-plan-to-keep-rgiii

RGIII will be the starter again very quickly. Gruden may be on his way out.

IMO Gruden is a disaster and the Redskins should fire him but at this point with the season about to start it is too late unless they feel they have a good interim HC on his staff.

How can Gruden be a disaster..He just got there,...

I dont know that he's an outstanding coach but I wouldnt judge him on the RG3 situation which was not of his masking

Link below:

LPC....He wont get hurt on the bench

.....and you're assuming the Gruden feels RG3 is not salvageable..Cocahes don't usually feel that way...

The $16.2 mil injury guarantee scenario presumes the owner doesn't want RG3 and that Gruden doenst think he can EVER be any good.

..and I don't know either..

I think Robert will sit half the season and then get a chance when Cousins gets hurt. Washington's O-line seems shaky.

How can Gruden be a disaster..He just got there,...

I dont know that he's an outstanding coach but I wouldnt judge him on the RG3 situation which was not of his masking

Yes, perhaps disaster was too strong but his public ripping of RG last year along with playing him late in that preseason game behind that awful line puts him on the coach with no clue list IMO. To be honest, I never understood the signing. You go from Shanny to Gruden who basically is living off of his brother's rep.

We gave Cleveland a 1 for Trent Richardson.

I guarantee you he'd fetch at least a 1.

He is very talented.

I'm so confused by what Washington is doing.

Either play him or trade him.

His value decreases every game he doesn't play.

If any team were willing to give a 1st for him, he would be gone already

Do people honestly think RG3 doesn't have first round value?

There are teams desperate for QB's.

Yes his value at this point is no more than a mid/late round  . There are just not many teams looking for a one read QB with a bad work ethic that is often injured . If that is what they wanted Vick was available for a long time and would have been much cheaper .

yes please Houston take this scrub!!!

Be careful what you wish for. RGIII is no scrub when he is healthy and playing for a coach who will work at utilizing him. I expect him to back as a starter in Washington in a couple of weeks but I am SURE there are a number of teams that would love to give him a chance.

Be careful what you wish for. RGIII is no scrub when he is healthy and playing for a coach who will work at utilizing him. I expect him to back as a starter in Washington in a couple of weeks but I am SURE there are a number of teams that would love to give him a chance.

RG3 is terrible

Remember that he outplayed Luck as a rookie. He can do that again if used in the right system with the right coach. He still has a great arm. He is still very fast. He does need a fresh start.

haha he wasn't even running the same type of offense Luck was his rookie year. They had to baby RG3 in his rookie year while Luck was running a pro offense. Get out of here Skip Bayless

haha he wasn't even running the same type of offense Luck was his rookie year. They had to baby RG3 in his rookie year while Luck was running a pro offense. Get out of here Skip Bayless

Oh, I think Luck has a great advantage. However, RGIII can be successful on the right team with the right coach and a system that uses his talents to their advantage. RG!!! has played for two coaches who tried to get him killed.

Oh, I think Luck has a great advantage. However, RGIII can be successful on the right team with the right coach and a system that uses his talents to their advantage. RG!!! has played for two coaches who tried to get him killed.

except no one wants to baby him he got Shanahan fired and is trying to do the same to Gruden.

Yeah, you're wrong. He is terrible in a pro offense. He has proven that

Yeah, you're wrong. He is terrible in a pro offense. He has proven that

I do not think he is bad as most here make him out to be. I hope he gets a chance to show something to everyone. If he is a bust, so be it. I have always thought he had a lot of talent if someone would just make use of it. I guess everyone can't play for Philly

I do not think he is bad as most here make him out to be. I hope he gets a chance to show something to everyone. If he is a bust, so be it. I have always thought he had a lot of talent if someone would just make use of it. I guess everyone can't play for Philly

He is a 1 read qb. He always was. That doesn't work in the nfl. He is done

I guess I'm the only one.  

I certainly think he's worth a 1 to a desperate team.  

Definitely a 3rd round pick.

There were multiple reports that the Skins talked about trading him and there was little interest by other teams. He would probably bring a 5th or 6th (IMO) if there was a way to trade him without that 16 mill guarantee in 2016

He is a 1 read qb. He always was. That doesn't work in the nfl. He is done

Yep, a 1 read undersized QB who doesn't have a ridiculously strong body but yet runs around like a chicken with this head cut off and swan dives head first into defenders.  I don't think that really transitions well to the NFL.  Yet many thought he seemed to be some kind of phenom pocket passer. 

What talents are those?