Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Robinson

theanarchist

Wow ... I can't believe all the " :facepalm: " sucking going on here .... one TD vs the Eagles #4s and we have the second coming of Barry Sanders! I must be blind but to me the kid looks fat and slow, it's not like his 221lbs are good weight.   

24871851.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dancing Joe averaged Under 4 YPC in 3 of his 6 seasons, Gore has Never been under 4 YPC, and was about 2,000 yds behind Gore in rushing yards through 6 seasons.

As for rushing TD`s Addai played on a top 5 offense where Gore played on an Offense that averaged about 25th in those 6 years.

Addai was Very Good as a blocker, and good as a receiver, as we know, and just mediocre as a runner.

Injures had a ton to do with that and the O Line went to hell after 2007...And has not recovered yet actually

I posted it after the draft his measurables were very similar to Gore's coming out.

I said it then I'll say it again I'm not saying he will be the next Gore just that their measurables were very similar. Especially the 40 times JR 4.60 at his pro day Gore 4.58. They weigh the same Gore is an inch taller.

Pass protection looked good in the first preseason game. I like the kid too. If anyone read about his background I don't think work ethic will be a problem.

I hope we see more of JR and take a real look at Varga against the Bears.

Well AK, was I right or was I right? I don't think you will be seeing Varga in the backfield any time soon as long as Charlie is here. Imagine that, a big athletic RB that can return kicks and is the special teams player of the game is not good enough to get a single snap in the backfield. Not even with the unpracticed players in the fourth quarter? Does this smell right to you? And this post is directed at you *

Edited by Nadine

Well AK, was I right or was I right? I don't think you will be seeing Varga in the backfield any time soon as long as Charlie is here. Imagine that, a big athletic RB that can return kicks and is the special teams player of the game is not good enough to get a single snap in the backfield. Not even with the unpracticed players in the fourth quarter? Does this smell right to you? And this post is directed at you *

I am holding out hope that he gets sometime in game 3 then after the cuts he gets a real shot to make the team. Yeah you were right he really never got a shot to show his stuff. unless you count the two or three carries game 1 when he looked pretty good.

I don't see why we are so determined to keep Ballard that guy is done.

I am holding out hope that he gets sometime in game 3 then after the cuts he gets a real shot to make the team. Yeah you were right he really never got a shot to show his stuff. unless you count the two or three carries game 1 when he looked pretty good.

I don't see why we are so determined to keep Ballard that guy is done.

AK, don't hold your breath. It's such a head scratcher. It's not like we have a star studded backfield. We have an old guy on his way out with maybe a season left in his body(Gore), a scat back type (Boom) with no between the tackles run ability, a comeback kid coming off two career ending injuries (Ballard), a hyped up new kid with no special physical skills who gets the carries and the attention (Robinson), the slowest back in the league (Tipton) and two guys that that have had zero opportunity (Varga and Toure) who both happen to have way better overall physical skills and avg. stats than the rest. This is just crazy to look at. What is going on here?  If I am Pagano I haul Williams in to the office and give him the form letter. 

Varga returned 2 kicks to the 20 yard line and we are touting his special teams ability? Man come on, I didn't see nothing special in Varga. He's decent at best.  I've seen more potential as a true tailback out of Toure.  That's the one I want to see more carries out of.

Varga returned 2 kicks to the 20 yard line and we are touting his special teams ability? Man come on, I didn't see nothing special in Varga. He's decent at best.  I've seen more potential as a true tailback out of Toure.  That's the one I want to see more carries out of.

Ran them out of the back of the end zone. I didn't see anyone else with a 27 yard per return average, let alone a 225lb running back. Did you? Why are you so anti the team getting better. If we have better players they should have an opportunity. And correct, Toure is not getting a fair shake either. People get all cranked up about Robinson but Toure has a better per carry average and he plays with guys and a QB that hardly practice or know the play calls ... Varga too! If you say Varga is decent at best, what are Ballard and Tipton .... superstars? Go to a practice, game or watch some film, you might actually see what I am taliking about. Since you don't want change, I suppose you will be happy with a loss to the Pats again?

Varga has had 3 carries the entire preseason. How can you make any assessment off of that?

Varga has had 3 carries the entire preseason. How can you make any assessment off of that?

Because the 3 carries Toure had were better.  And they just throw him out there at the last minute saying I know it ain't much but do something with it.  And he does.  Toure looks like a tailback out there, Varga looks like a fullback trying to be a tailback.  I just don't see him as an NFL tailback.

Ran them out of the back of the end zone. I didn't see anyone else with a 27 yard per return average, let alone a 225lb running back. Did you? Why are you so anti the team getting better. If we have better players they should have an opportunity. And correct, Toure is not getting a fair shake either. People get all cranked up about Robinson but Toure has a better per carry average and he plays with guys and a QB that hardly practice or know the play calls ... Varga too! If you say Varga is decent at best, what are Ballard and Tipton .... superstars? Go to a practice, game or watch some film, you might actually see what I am taliking about. Since you don't want change, I suppose you will be happy with a loss to the Pats again?

Really?  Anti the team getting better because I don't really like Varga as a tailback?  Are you drinking Colt 45 right now?

Re-signing TY is going to cause us to lose to the Pats again?

Not giving Toure or Varga more carries is going to cause us to lose again?

24871851.jpg

duh, my bad...the answer to that question is obviously the Patriots

Because the 3 carries Toure had were better

You can't evaluate on average with just 3 carries but you sure can see the circumstances that those were exectuted under and what the result was. If you give a guy 3-4 carries, all inside run, facing A gap blitz with a line that does not practice and he still gets positive yardage  and a great per carry average , if you know anything about coaching you say "hmmm, I wonder what would happen if I gave this guy a shot with the #1's", or you know zero about coaching. 

You can't evaluate on average with just 3 carries but you sure can see the circumstances that those were exectuted under and what the result was. If you give a guy 3-4 carries, all inside run, facing A gap blitz with a line that does not practice and he still gets positive yardage  and a great per carry average , if you know anything about coaching you say "hmmm, I wonder what would happen if I gave this guy a shot with the #1's", or you know zero about coaching. 

What planet are you coaching on is the question?  So because said player or players make a decent run out of 3 attempts they need to be instantly shifted to play with the starters?  Hmmm I'm wondering why we never saw Duron Carter running with the ones at any point after his 4 TDs in practice?  Does this mean Pagano needs to be fired, or he knows zero about coaching?  What about if Ezell Ruffin catches 3 passes against the 4th string defense, does he need to get some burn with the starters as well? 

The bottom feeders have to work their way up and based on our running back depth the coaches have designated that time to be in the 4th preseason game and maybe some at the end of the 3rd game.  Sorry but Ballard has already proven he can play in this leauge, and Tipton has already made it through 1 preseason previously on top of playing in more than one game last year.  It's pretty obvious why they are getting longer looks than Varga and Toure.  Varga will get his opportunity and so will Toure, but that will be at the times I stated. If either one of them plays well enough then room will be made for them in whatever capacity.  There's plenty of people who make the team with what they do in the third or fourth preseason game.

Whatever..... Tipton ran the ball for a whole half with the #1s vs Eagles and he was in the 2nd half vs Bears taking reps from Toure and Varga. What kind of coach makes those decisions? Sorry, but my coaching planet does not have dumbos like that on it!  Just keep drinking the koolaid! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Well..... Colt Forty-Five ruined this thread lol.

He seems like the dude that thinks shouting his opinion aggressively makes him right.  You're not making much sense and should probably just stop.

Yes, Tipton ran with the ones for a while vs the Eagles because at that point he was higher than Robinson on the depth chart due to Robinson being a rookie.  Then Tipton looked well below average and showed no signs of ever being a capable RB.  Meanwhile, Josh Robinson looked very good in limited action while trying to earn more reps.  He passes the eye test with flying colors.  After watching TRich waste his talent by having ZERO vision or acceleration, it has been the complete opposite with Robinson.  I dont jump on the hype train easy, but this kid might be a stud.   There is no doubt he is the closest thing the Colts have to a possible future RB.

Whatever..... Tipton ran the ball for a whole half with the #1s vs Eagles and he was in the 2nd half vs Bears taking reps from Toure and Varga. What kind of coach makes those decisions? Sorry, but my coaching planet does not have dumbos like that on it!  Just keep drinking the koolaid! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Yeah the kool aid I drink doesn't make you drunk and illogical like Colt 45 does! 

AK, don't hold your breath. It's such a head scratcher. It's not like we have a star studded backfield. We have an old guy on his way out with maybe a season left in his body(Gore), a scat back type (Boom) with no between the tackles run ability, a comeback kid coming off two career ending injuries (Ballard), a hyped up new kid with no special physical skills who gets the carries and the attention (Robinson), the slowest back in the league (Tipton) and two guys that that have had zero opportunity (Varga and Toure) who both happen to have way better overall physical skills and avg. stats than the rest. This is just crazy to look at. What is going on here?  If I am Pagano I haul Williams in to the office and give him the form letter. 

Let me splain it to you. It is really quite simple.

Be loyal to your veterans and give them a shot to comeback from injury. The players believe in and appreciate that.

If you don`t have it... well...

If Ballard is cut the guys you are whining about have a shot to make the roster or the practice squad and to be ready as the next man up.

Gore has $3M guaranteed for 2016 so he is expected to be good for at least 2 seasons.

Boom can run anywhere.

The kid breaks tackles and falls forward. And does a fine job anticipating/finding small holes. That IS actually special. A winner.

Get a grip on it.

Be loyal to your veterans and give them a shot to comeback from injury. The players believe in and appreciate that.

If Ballard is cut the guys you are whining about have a shot to make the roster or the practice squad and to be ready as the next man up.

Gore has $3M guaranteed for 2016 so he is expected to be good for at least 2 seasons.

Boom can run anywhere.

The kid breaks tackles and falls forward. And does a fine job anticipating/finding small holes. That IS actually special. A winner.

Get a grip on it.

I was thinking the same thing about Boom. If he can cut down on the fumbles he would be a pretty darn good back.

Boom can run anywhere.

Get a grip on it.

Got it... thanks for the "splanation".  How could I not see it? Silly me thinking we didn't have the best backfield in football. Well maybe not the best but surely top 30? Match that up with our outstanding OL and we have a winner for sure. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

If he's better than Boom, he needs to play. Boom's a perfectly fine back, but with only a handful of starts himself, there is no reason he should be entrenched in the position.

I see Boom as a 3rd down back. Gore/Robinson rotation and Boom in on 3rd down. I guess we'll see

Boom will make a good change of pace back, as the defense gets wore down from

our power backs then Boom can come in and run off a couple big yardage runs.

Boom is the man! With his one 20+ yard run of last season he comes in as the undisputed long run threat from the backfield. Surely we can expect at least two of those this season? And we have power backs, have they been hiding those on me? Must have those in the cupboard along with the outstanding OL additions that will propel us to at least the top 25 in the league in rushing stats? Those coaches, they are a sneaky bunch!

You got the "build the lines" part though.

Boom is the man! With his one 20+ yard run of last season he comes in as the undisputed long run threat from the backfield. Surely we can expect at least two of those this season? And we have power backs, have they been hiding those on me? Must have those in the cupboard along with the outstanding OL additions that will propel us to at least the top 25 in the league in rushing stats? Those coaches, they are a sneaky bunch!

You got the "build the lines" part though.

Troll much?