Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I thought the glove was for winter gripping for Peyton

chad72

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000511298/article/peyton-manning-i-can-play-in-almost-any-offense

All along, I thought the glove Peyton wore was to grip the ball better in colder conditions. This article suggests it was more to compensate for that lack of feeling the grip after multiple neck surgeries. Like most of us, we will believe the fact he has a better grip now when we see it come January.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000511298/article/peyton-manning-i-can-play-in-almost-any-offense

All along, I thought the glove Peyton wore was to grip the ball better in colder conditions. This article suggests it was more to compensate for that lack of feeling the grip after multiple neck surgeries. Like most of us, we will believe the fact he has a better grip now when we see it come January.

He has worn it since he signed with broncos

He has worn it since he signed with broncos

Not every game, though.

hi-res-183457293-peyton-manning-of-the-d

peyton-manning-broncos.jpg

peyton1.jpg

I, too, thought it was for just the winter games, but I guess he's been using it during training camp a bit, as the article suggests.  With that said, we know Peyton is the ultimate master in terms of preparation.  Perhaps he will only use the glove in winter, but has been doing some reps with it in training camp so he doesn't have to use all his reps just to get used to it again in the middle of the season

http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/mike-klis/2015/08/17/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-brock-osweiler/31883881/

Seemingly overlooked is Manning has not been wearing a throwing glove during training camp. And he probably won't in the preseason game Saturday at Houston.

Yes, it's warm in Denver during training camp and insufferably hot in Houston half the year. But Manning wore a glove on his throwing hand during the offseason practices in June.

Has the nerve running from his neck to his right hand fully regenerated? Manning said that's not the case. He will still need the glove in cold weather.

I'm hoping he plays this year and next ......word is he looks better than he has since he came to Denver..

.....at the time,,it was said that his arm may take a couple of years to come back......and, unless many are just being kind to him, comments on the Broncos web sites say he's throwing the ball better than he has at any time in Denver..and his movement is very good.

word is he'll play half the game at Houston Saturday

I'm hoping he plays this year and next ......word is he looks better than he has since he came to Denver..

.....at the time,,it was said that his arm may take a couple of years to come back......and, unless many are just being kind to him, comments on the Broncos web sites say he's throwing the ball better than he has at any time in Denver..and his movement is very good.

word is he'll play half the game at Houston Saturday

???????????????? In the 3 years he's been in Denver, the man is averaging 4,954 yds, 43-44 TDs, & completing 67.7% of his passes & he's apparently throwing the ball better than he's ever has since being in Denver???????? If that's the case then it's gonna be a collision course between us & them for the right to get to the SB.

I remember hearing on a broadcast that he started to wear the glove early in the season to get use to the glove for the colder weather.  As he never wore a glove in Indy, he wanted to start to wear it in September and opposed to just throwing it on in Nov or Dec for the first time. 

Of coarse this is second hand from the broadcaster and not directly from Manning, but it made some sense to me at the time it was stated.

I am glad we are home to both the Patriots and Broncos, 2 must win games for AFC HFA, IMO.

We really do have a great schedule...

The 'Peyton coming back home' thing is worrisome.

I believe we have 9 days off before he Patriot game and a short week before the Brocnos. Denver is suited to play indoors with all that speed on defense and obviously Peyton wont mind playing indoors in November.

I wish we could ax the remaining 3 pre-season injury events and just get going.

Here is another thing that came out recently, Peyton has not been able to feel his fingertips ever since he returned to Denver. It's pretty impressive he could sustain a high level of play.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/8/24/9197167/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-fingers-injury-neck?_ga=1.93524189.19775290.1440442916

Well that makes his accomplishments and record breakiing all the more impressive. Just sayin'

I remember hearing on a broadcast that he started to wear the glove early in the season to get use to the glove for the colder weather.  As he never wore a glove in Indy, he wanted to start to wear it in September and opposed to just throwing it on in Nov or Dec for the first time. 

Of coarse this is second hand from the broadcaster and not directly from Manning, but it made some sense to me at the time it was stated.

Yeah..your correct. He has lost a lot of feeling in his hands and when the temperature is low he basically can't feel his fingertips. He has had to overcome a lot from the surgeries and the fact that he has played at a high level is a true testiment to his love for the game and his desire to be successful. He may never be a champion again in football but no doubt he is a champion in life with that type of dedication and mentality. He has served as an inspiration to many with how to prepare and work hard to achieve your dreams and now he has shown that despite all the obstacles and people telling you that you can't do it you can overcome the most difficult odds. Both times I've had the opportunity to meet him he has been gracious and kind but when he talks about football he has such a passion he definately is driven to write the end to his own story his way.

I want him to retire.  I do not want to see him end on a bad note.  He is the Legend here.  To get hurt badly again would be sad.

I know what youre saying. Obviously most players end their careers with an injury or a loss or both.

Look at all 3 years in Denver.

But I think Denver is so close to the Super Bowl and to win and retire would be the ultimate.

Odds are against him././but I see Elway doing everything he can to win and I don't think he should quit a division championship playoff team unless he just has to.

Here is another thing that came out recently, Peyton has not been able to feel his fingertips ever since he returned to Denver. It's pretty impressive he could sustain a high level of play.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/8/24/9197167/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-fingers-injury-neck?_ga=1.93524189.19775290.1440442916

And no other QB has completed as many passes at least 20 yards downfield in the last three seasons. This is a guy who can't feel his fingertips on his throwing hand.

http://den.247sports.com/Bolt/Broncos-Peyton-Manning-is-best-deep-passer-last-three-seasons-37577755