Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1ST PRESEASON GAME WHO OR WHAT R U WATCHING?

spartancolt

Yeah, for a no namer, that is something!  I've only read one article about it and 2 or 3 fans reference him.  I've heard other no namers mentioned more for not doing anything is my point.

It reminds me a little bit about Darius Butler.  We picked him up off of the street, and became a nice little 'nickel' for us.

Mainly technique things.  It's preseason final score means next to nothing and stats mean even less than that.

Oline:  How fast is each player off the snap, does he block the person that it makes sense to block, to they maintain their base once engaged with the defender... for tackles how is their kick step, if a guard pulls how does he track then engage the defender to block.  Do they keep their head on a swivel

RBs, do they run behind their pads, do they keep their shoulders square to the LOS even when the lower half is twisting and juking, do they see the hole before it develops.  If they get to the 2nd level to they make the correct move.

WRs. Do they break at the correct point, how crisp are their cuts, do they set up the DB, do they use their hands to catch.

DBs:  Do they come out of their back pedal at the correct time, to they focus on the correct part of the WR, how do they track the ball in the air, how do they handle run support.

Stuff like that.

Mainly technique things. It's preseason final score means next to nothing and stats mean even less than that.

Oline: How fast is each player off the snap, does he block the person that it makes sense to block, to they maintain their base once engaged with the defender... for tackles how is their kick step, if a guard pulls how does he track then engage the defender to block. Do they keep their head on a swivel

RBs, do they run behind their pads, do they keep their shoulders square to the LOS even when the lower half is twisting and juking, do they see the hole before it develops. If they get to the 2nd level to they make the correct move.

WRs. Do they break at the correct point, how crisp are their cuts, do they set up the DB, do they use their hands to catch.

DBs: Do they come out of their back pedal at the correct time, to they focus on the correct part of the WR, how do they track the ball in the air, how do they handle run support.

Stuff like that.

Can you actually see all these things from TV broadcast?

Can you actually see all these things from TV broadcast?

Not speak for Coffee but just for myself if Im really looking for the right things and not just losing myself in the game:

"Oline: How fast is each player off the snap, does he block the person that it makes sense to block, to they maintain their base once engaged with the defender... for tackles how is their kick step, if a guard pulls how does he track then engage the defender to block. Do they keep their head on a swivel"

Yes

"RBs, do they run behind their pads, do they keep their shoulders square to the LOS even when the lower half is twisting and juking, do they see the hole before it develops. If they get to the 2nd level to they make the correct move."

Yes

Yes

DBs: Do they come out of their back pedal at the correct time, to they focus on the correct part of the WR, how do they track the ball in the air, how do they handle run support.

Do they come out of their back pedal at the correct time,

Much harder to track without ALL 22

"to they focus on the correct part of the WR"

Harder to track

"how do they track the ball in the air"

Yes

"how do they handle run support."

Yes

Mostly interested in Dorsett, Carter and Moncrief's battle for the 3-5 jobs. TY, Andre and the rest of the starters probably won't see much time, so it will mostly be these three, along with Doyle and Swoope and the back up RBs catching passes from Hasselbeck and Bennett behind the second string o line.

So I expect Moncrief, Dorsett and Carter to get a lot of opportunities. Will be fun to see who makes the most of them.

Not as much as I'd like.  BUt that's why I subscribe to game pass.  I don't know if they do the "All 22" for preseason, I haven't ordered it yet this year.

I have Game Pass now and they don't do All 22 for preseason. I don't know why.

Not speak for Coffee but just for myself if Im really looking for the right things and not just losing myself in the game:

"Oline: How fast is each player off the snap, does he block the person that it makes sense to block, to they maintain their base once engaged with the defender... for tackles how is their kick step, if a guard pulls how does he track then engage the defender to block. Do they keep their head on a swivel"

Yes

I assume you have to rewind multiple times because you can't possibly analyze all the players of the OL at the same time for all the qualities you mentioned. Anyway, with the amount of time you seem to dedicate I can't help to wonder whether you should have been a football scout or work in the field in some capacity.

I assume you have to rewind multiple times because you can't possibly analyze all the players of the OL at the same time for all the qualities you mentioned. Anyway, with the amount of time you seem to dedicate I can't help to wonder whether you should have been a football scout or work in the field in some capacity.

"Anyway, with the amount of time you seem to dedicate I can't help to wonder whether you should have been a football scout or work in the field in some capacity."

Definitly not. It takes up way to much of your time, Its easy to give up on it