Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doyle Article on "Lousy" Colts Offensive Line

masterlock

Maybe I wouldn't have been as harsh as Doyle but I think his main point still stands. The line is still unproven and a bit of a mess heading into year three of Grigson, while the Colts have some parts that are good or have potential to be good until they show it on the field they aren't going to get the benefit of the doubt from most people.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts GM Grigson says he pursued L'ael Collins for offensive line

The GM also addressed veterans Donald Thomas and Hugh Thornton. Thomas has played little due to injuries, while Thornton has lost his spot in the starting lineup. On Thomas, who has suffered season-ending injuries two years in a row: "He's getting better. It's amazing he's as far along as he is."  

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2015/08/05/ryan-grigson-indianapolis-colts-offensive--line/31166153/

IMO the O-line has plenty of talent.  Keep the injury bug away and stand by for some very visible improvement.  If Jack can do the job at RT (and Pagano seems to think so), they'll do well. A lot of folks seem to question Lance at LG.  I wonder if they know as much as the coaching staff.  You go Lance.

I think we as Colts fans are dreading getting into this topic.  I know I am purposely ignoring the possibilities ("worst line ever", "here we go again", "wow, he's got to go", "how can he be that terrible", "i was afraid of this", etc, etc.).  I just want to hope for the best, enjoy some of the new talent we have, and cover my eyes when we play the Patriots next and just peek out of my spread fingers every once in a while hoping that we don't get Andrew killed.

I think that the only people that believe Thornton was benched purely for poor play are those people for whom it fits their narrative.

I watched him get his ___ knocked off the line repeatedly, all game long, and every game he played. He was The worst link we had. And that is saying something.