Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arthur Jones finishes 15th in 3-4 DE list by BR

12isthenew18

Direct quote from a poster on a Chargers forum 2 years ago - "(Cam Thomas) gets pushed back like he's on rollerskates".

PFF has him as "poor starter"

He got benched for a backup 4-3 DL in Sean Lissemore (6'3'' and 303 lbs is grossly undersized NT in today's league).

Meanwhile the list doesn't even have Cameron Jordan or Akiem Hicks on there.

Kendall Langford is not on there either yet RJF is.

Vince Wilfork at 3-4 DE? haha:):D:lol::funny:

What's next, Shane Lechler at QB?

Direct quote from a poster on a Chargers forum 2 years ago - "(Cam Thomas) gets pushed back like he's on rollerskates".

PFF has him as "poor starter"

He got benched for a backup 4-3 DL in Sean Lissemore (6'3'' and 303 lbs is grossly undersized NT in today's league).

Meanwhile the list doesn't even have Cameron Jordan or Akiem Hicks on there.

Kendall Langford is not on there either yet RJF is.

Vince Wilfork at 3-4 DE? haha:):D:lol::funny:

What's next, Shane Lechler at QB?

Saints and Rams both ran a 4-3 last year and Wilfork was largely a DE last year.

Why is Bleacher Report evaluating Justin Smith formerly of the 49ers at #16? He's gone from the League now what's the point?

Are we gonna evaluate other former retired players like Lawrence Taylor & Michael Strahan too? Sigh. It's not relevant to 2015 at all.  

It's like if you are trying to buy a house & your real estate agent says what's your approved loan/bank budget? You say, for instance, $750,000 & then you're agent shows you a home worth $2,500,000. You're gonna be ticked off that your agent doesn't listen very well. Stupidity always infuriates me to no end. Grrr!  

Why is Bleacher Report evaluating Justin Smith formerly of the 49ers at #16? He's gone from the League now what's the point?

Are we gonna evaluate other former retired players like Lawrence Taylor & Michael Strahan too? Sigh. It's not relevant to 2015 at all.

Ranking of 3-4 DEs in 2014. Justin Smith played 3-4 DE in 2014.

"Listed at 36 pounds heavier than when he left college, his weight may be one cause of the perceived drop in talent. His ability to move around has been severely diminished, but some traits still present themselves as normal. He's still able to stack-and-shed with ease, and his anchor has never been better. Overall, his body is just becoming more of an obstacle for an offensive lineman, as Jones is giving up some versatility for weight."

I don't envy guys with girth trying to lose weight like Arthur Jones. It's tough to find the perfect weight & stay there all year long. It's more than just too many midnight snacks. 

Ranking of 3-4 DEs in 2014. Justin Smith played 3-4 DE in 2014.

Okay, I get what you're saying CL, but unless B/R is comparing Smith's game to a current player best resembling his skillset this season, I don't waste the space breaking down his assets on the field. That's what I mean by if not stupidity a frivolous scouting exercise. 

Maybe Justin appreciates it. I don't know. 

Okay, I get what you're saying CL, but unless B/R is comparing Smith's game to a current player best resembling his skillset this season, I don't waste the space breaking down his assets on the field. That's what I mean by if not stupidity a frivolous scouting exercise.

Maybe Justin appreciates it. I don't know.

You don't appreciate it? The list is ranking players based on the 2014 season. Justin Smith played in 2014. The fact that he's retired now is completely irrelevant.

A few weeks ago,  PFF rated Jones as a player who should be replaced.

Now, if that website, devoted to football,  doesn't know that Jones was sidelined with a serious injury and when he was playing he wasn't close to 100 percent,   then I simply don't know what the point is....?

But signing a guy to a big 5-year contract and having the guy get hurt in his first year and have a disappointing season and then to have a serious website come up with an opinion that Jones should be replaced pretty says to me what they put out is a steaming pile of.......  stuff.....    and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Because that's the kind of juvenile nonsense a teenager taking his first communications class in junior high might come up with.

A few weeks ago, PFF rated Jones as a player who should be replaced.

Now, if that website, devoted to football, doesn't know that Jones was sidelined with a serious injury and when he was playing he wasn't close to 100 percent, then I simply don't know what the point is....?

But signing a guy to a big 5-year contract and having the guy get hurt in his first year and have a disappointing season and then to have a serious website come up with an opinion that Jones should be replaced pretty says to me what they put out is a steaming pile of....... stuff..... and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Because that's the kind of juvenile nonsense a teenager taking his first communications class in junior high might come up with.

If he performs this year like he did last year, he will be replaced.

If he performs this year like he did last year, he will be replaced.

He was injured much of last season.  If he's injured again this season and has similar performances, then no I doubt he's replaced.  Now if he's completely healthy but still doesn't play better then yes, they would likely consider replacing him.

He was injured much of last season.  If he's injured again this season and has similar performances, then no I doubt he's replaced.  Now if he's completely healthy but still doesn't play better then yes, they would likely consider replacing him.

Yeah, that was my point. Though, if he is injured for much of the year again and continues to underwhelm when he does play, it is also a possibility.

Yeah, that was my point. Though, if he is injured for much of the year and continues to underwhelm when he does play it is also a possibility.

eh..yeah it's a possibility.  However I don't think it's likely.  They've kept Donald Thomas and Gosder Cherilus around despite the injuries those guys have gone through.  Not saying it's impossible though.

eh..yeah it's a possibility.  However I don't think it's likely.  They've kept Donald Thomas and Gosder Cherilus around despite the injuries those guys have gone through.  Not saying it's impossible though.

True, but GC has proved he can play well when healthy and DT really hasn't had a chance to prove either way. This TC will likely be make or break for DT.

Arthur Jones 15th??? ha, ha... maybe in an eating contest among all the NFL big boys... but wait, Jones might actually win that one.

15th is pretty accurate, if not low.

There's 16 teams or so with a 3-4 defense, which means 32 starters at 3-4 DE or so. 15/32 is pretty much an "Average starter", hardly Solid or Elite.

Elite - JJ Watt, Sheldon Richardson, Muhammed Wilkerson

Solid - Calais Campbell, Fletcher Cox, Jurrell Casey, Mike Daniels

Good - Cameron Jordan, Cameron Haywood, Jason Hatcher, Cedric Thornton, Corey Liuget, Ray McDonald, Timmy Jernigan

Average/Good - Arthur Jones, Akiem Hicks, Kendall Langford, Vinny Curry, Jared Crick, Allen Bailey

Mediocre - Chris Canty,(situational only), Stephon Tuitt, Datone Jones, Brett Keisel, Jaye Howard, RJF

Poor - Cam Thomas