Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adrian Peterson Has Torn Acl And Mcl

CCH

ESPN NFL- Vikings RB Adrian Peterson has torn ACL; 4-time Pro Bowler also tore MCL, Josina Anderson reports

That's a bad injury...is this the last of in my opinion one of the best RBs I've ever seen play? I hope he gets well soon.

Wow, he tore 2 out of the 4 ligaments? That's really rough, They say these types of injuries usually take 2 years to fully recover (and that's for one ligament). AP is tough as nails, here's hoping he has a speedy recovery

this is gonna be really hard on the organization. maybe a runningback for security in the draft? Didnt Carson Palmer have like a similar problem?

They have Gerhart, but considering their situation now, it wouldn't hurt to pick up another RB in the draft or in free agency

They should pick a guy up in the late rounds (6 or 7th round); it's not a priority. Like you said they have Gerhart who's good and AP will be healthy next year. They also have Lorenzo Booker if they desperately need him.

Carson Palmer tore his ACL in the playoffs following the 2005 season and was back for the first game of the 2006 season. I would think it would be much worse if he tore both CLs. Plus, a running back, I would imagine, would need even more healing than a QB.

Didn't Wes Welker also suffer the same injury? But he was back and it doesn't look like that affected him at all.

Welker "only" tore his ACL, and it was on a non-contact play so I can only guess it was probably not severe as far as that type of injury goes.

The timing of this is just really bad for the Vikes. He will probably not be ready for the beginning of the season and will be on PUP until week 6 or whatever.

Welker "only" tore his ACL, and it was on a non-contact play so I can only guess it was probably not severe as far as that type of injury goes.

The timing of this is just really bad for the Vikes. He will probably not be ready for the beginning of the season and will be on PUP until week 6 or whatever.

I thought I read he tore both.

In any case, I'm not counting Peterson out. I think he'll be back. The injury's bad, but at least it didn't happen to him at the beginning of the season where he'd be missing the entire season.

In any case, I'm not counting Peterson out. I think he'll be back. The injury's bad, but at least it didn't happen to him at the beginning of the season where he'd be missing the entire season.

Depends. If he was going to miss a season, this would be the season to miss.

I hate to see any player suffer an injury like this, but I especially hate to see it happen in what is ultimately a meaningless game. The Vikings are dead and just playing out the remainder of their season, and AP suffers an injury that could end a running back's career. To top it all off, he goes down in a game that the Vikings won to eliminate themselves from the "race" for the #1 pick. This is why I don't like to hear talk about a team tanking just because they are not playing well. Every team goes through periods during which, for whatever reason, they are just not good or can't close out wins. That doesn't mean that the players aren't giving it their all. This season I have heard accusations that both the Dolphins and the Colts were tanking for a better draft pick. I think both teams have proven those accusations to be false.