Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For Once, The Walterfootball Mock is Pretty Good for the Colts.

Never thought I'd say this but I actually wouldn't mind it. (Except Grasu, horrible scheme fit and no DL until round 7).

1: Landon Collins, S, Alabama

2: Laken Thomlinson, G, Duke

3: Hronnis Grasu, C, Oregon

4: Cam Thomas, CB, WKU

5: David Cobb, RB, Minnesoda

6: Xzavier Dickson, LB, Alabama

6: Lorenzo Doss, CB, Tulane

7: Xavier Williams, NT, N. Iowa

7: Antwan Goodley, WR, Baylor

(Colts rd 1-5): http://walterfootball.com/mocks/nfl/2015/Indianapolis-Colts

(Whole mock+ Colts rd 6,7): http://walterfootball.com/draft2015.php

thats two rounds too early for cam thomas

Cam Thomas in 4th?

I actually think that's more realistic than everyone has him right now (Late 6th). He's one of those guys that EVERYONE loves as their 'under the radar' guy which brings his stock up more than you'd think. I think that's where his stock realistically stands. Not the 6th like everyone who has him in there mocks think. 

I'm a big fan of his as well. Duke ran mostly a man blocking scheme (like us) so I'm not too worried about the scheme transition.

I'm more worried about how Duke runs the quickest-hit passing offense in college football and how that may have made him look better than he is.

Cam Thomas is way too early in my opinion and Lorenzo Doss is too late so swap the two. I also agree with the OP that Grasu is a terrible scheme fit. Our offense would show his lack of athleticism and lack of functional strength for the man blocking scheme. He should definitely go to a zone blocking team.

would love to get Tomlinson in the late 2nd if he is somehow there i had him in my first couple mocks but didnt think afterwards he would realistically be available at 61 good mock overall love your last 3 picks lorenzo doss and xavier williams and antwan goodley would be steals in my opinion

How is Hroniss Grasu a horrible scheme fit? He appears to be a perfect scheme fit. He reminds me a lot of a healthy Khaled Holmes. 

I am not that high on Laken Tomlinson or Cam Thomas. Tomlinson does not seem to fit what Grigson looks for in a guard, versatility. There are a number of other corners I prefer to Thomas, namely D'Joun Smith and Doran Grant. 

Anyone who has seen my mocks knows I love Cam Thomas. But round 4 seems kind of early...

I see a lot of posts like this and I just don't understand....  If you "love" a player, how can round 4 be too early?

is it too early because you saw a mock with him going later but you have some crazy scouting knowledge that leads you to "love" him more than a normal 6th round pick but you think no GMs or owners will notice what you saw in him? 

I am not a big fan of the logic used when talking about the draft...

How is Hroniss Grasu a horrible scheme fit? He appears to be a perfect scheme fit. He reminds me a lot of a healthy Khaled Holmes. 

I am not that high on Laken Tomlinson or Cam Thomas. Tomlinson does not seem to fit what Grigson looks for in a guard, versatility. There are a number of other corners I prefer to Thomas, namely D'Joun Smith and Doran Grant. 

He's a zone blocking center,  not man/power.

He's not. He comes from more of a zone scheme, but that's not a very big deal for a center. Not unless he's undersized. Grasu is a little light, but he has decent power and strength, his blocking style and ability would work fine for us, IMO. I think we could do better in the third round, but it's not because he wouldn't fit our blocking scheme.

I would really be upset about this draft.  Not that they're bad players, but two interior O linenman in the first three rounds?!  Honestly, with the volume of young and developing players at these positions that we already have on the team, I'd be surprised if we draft any.  Between Herrimans and Mewhort, you already have two good guards, and you've got two young developing centers poised to give you much better play than you got out of the position last year.  This draft looks like exactly what it is: done by someone who is trying to be an expert on 32 teams and actually knows very little about the Colts...