Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

adongo is just a project. if he even makes the practice squad it would be a miracle 

So,  the guy who has already made the practice squad two years in a row,  you're now saying it would be a miracle if he made again?!?

Right.     :facepalm:

You realize he's also played in real NFL games.    Granted it was special teams,  but he's played in the NFL.

I'm not predicting anything for Adongo....   but a "miracle" seems like a bit much.....

So,  the guy who has already made the practice squad two years in a row,  you're now saying it would be a miracle if he made again?!?

Right.     :facepalm:

You realize he's also played in real NFL games.    Granted it was special teams,  but he's played in the NFL.

I'm not predicting anything for Adongo....   but a "miracle" seems like a bit much.....

he didnt make the PS once. he was an exclusive roster spot his first year, made the roster, but was inactive mostly and went on IR the second

he didnt make the PS once. he was an exclusive roster spot his first year, made the roster, but was inactive mostly and went on IR the second

He's been on our roster for two straight years -- practice squad or not.

Otherwise,  your argument is pure semantics.    

He's drawing a paycheck from the team.    If we had no interest in him,  we'd have cut him and given him an injury settlement.

We didn't.    And we've brought him back again for a 3rd year.

yea the team really lost a lot of moeny keeping him. we already have 5 OLB already guaranteed a spot mathis cole walden newsome and werner. we're probably gonna draft another OLB so adongo to have any chance would have to beat out the draftee, cam johnson, and other UDFAs 

yea the team really lost a lot of moeny keeping him.     Has nothing to do with the your original point, you know, about needing a "miracle"....

we already have 5 OLB already guaranteed a spot mathis cole walden newsome and werner.    We're talking about the Practice Squad, NOT the 53-man roster.    Your changing the subject -- again.

we're probably gonna draft another OLB so adongo to have any chance would have to beat out the draftee, cam johnson, and other UDFAs.   Again, we're talking about the Practice squad,  not the regular season roster.    And I never said he was a lock.    All I said was your comment about Adongo needing a "miracle" to make the practice squad seems silly since he's already played in actual NFL games, and he drew a paycheck all season last year and we've brought him back again for another year.

Adongo's been in the NFL for two years.  Being on the practice squad in year 3 doesn't seem to be an unreasonable stretch.   He might, or he might not.  But needing a "miracle" doesn't seem to be a fair statement.

yea the team really lost a lot of moeny keeping him.     Has nothing to do with the your original point, you know, about needing a "miracle"....

we already have 5 OLB already guaranteed a spot mathis cole walden newsome and werner.    We're talking about the Practice Squad, NOT the 53-man roster.    Your changing the subject -- again.

we're probably gonna draft another OLB so adongo to have any chance would have to beat out the draftee, cam johnson, and other UDFAs.   Again, we're talking about the Practice squad,  not the regular season roster.    And I never said he was a lock.    All I said was your comment about Adongo needing a "miracle" to make the practice squad seems silly since he's already played in actual NFL games, and he drew a paycheck all season last year and we've brought him back again for another year.

Adongo's been in the NFL for two years.  Being on the practice squad in year 3 doesn't seem to be an unreasonable stretch.   He might, or he might not.  But needing a "miracle" doesn't seem to be a fair statement.

sheesh the red remains me of elementary school when the teacher would grade everything I did wrong in red haha. PS isnt a given. I could name 5 on the team now that would make the PS over him and thats not even including the draftees. 

sheesh the red remains me of elementary school when the teacher would grade everything I did wrong in red haha. PS isnt a given. I could name 5 on the team now that would make the PS over him and thats not even including the draftees. 

I never said given....

Once again,  you're changing the subject.

YOU were the one who said he'd need a "miracle"....

I simply pointed out....    no he wouldn't.

I didn't see he's going to make the 53.     I didn't say he's going to make the PS.     I just said he's got a shot and wouldn't need a "miracle"....

If you want to walk that back -- be my guest....

How about we just agree that Adongo is a wish and a prayer. If he somehow comes alive this year, how great is that? But if he just shows nothing more than being a glorified rugby player, no surprise. He was always a project with long odds.

Pretty much just one of Grigson's pet projects. He won't make the 53, but could make the PS.

However I think it's more likely that all of these project guys get cut to make room for the draft class (including UDFA). Guys like Adongo, Howell,Tipton,etc...

“He still has practice squad eligibility, of course. That was the one thing about Daniel Adongo. Heck, we can talk about making an award for the practice squad in his honor,” said Grigson. “He was the type of player in year one, such a credit to him never even playing the sport, who was the MVP of our scout team.”

How? Adongo was relentless.

“He brought it everyday, incited some riots” Grigson remembered with a big smile. “He didn’t let anybody rest on their laurels by any stretch. He brought a tempo that the offensive line had to match, and we like that. Sometimes, in week 14, I know some (offensive) linemen didn’t like it. At the end of the day, I think they were thankful for it, because they’re not going to be playing against some blah, ordinary guy that’s just leaning on them, barely coming off the line of scrimmage when they play on Sunday. It’s all about getting your guys ready, and Daniel is one of those types of guys. So, it’s a big year for him.”

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Colts-Offseason-Sleeper-OLB-Daniel-Adongo/5274a5d7-7711-4aaf-b154-7020ba24136a

I'm still going to keep my eyes on the big fella.  Should show something if he doesn't get injured I think.