Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Round 1 Mock Draft based on my player rankings.

Based purely on my rankings only + team needs. I don't expect any of these to be popular, but I though it would be interesting to do. 

Bucs - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

Titans - Jameis Winston, QB, FSU

Jaguars - Vic Beasley, EDGE, Clemson

Raiders - Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

Redskins - Dante Fowler Jr., EDGE, Florida

Jets - Owamagbe Odighizuwa, EDGE, UCLA

Bears - Leonard Williams, DT, USC

Falcons - Randy Gregory, EDGE, Nebraska

Giants - La'El Collins, OT/G, LSU

Rams - Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama

Vikings - Kevin White, WR, West Virginia

Browns - DeVante Parker, WR, Alabama

Saints - Alvin "Bud" Dupree, EDGE, Kentucky

Dolphins - Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest

49ers - Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

Texans - Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State

Chargers - Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia

Chiefs - Brandon Schreff, OT/G, Iowa

Browns - Henry Anderson, DT, Stanford

Eagles - Byron Jones, CB/S, UConn

Bengals - Lorenzo Mauldin, EDGE, Louisville 

Steelers - Eli Harold, EDGE, Virginia

Lions - Malcolm Brown, DT, Texas

Cardinals - Eric Kendricks, LB, UCLA

Panthers- Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M

Ravens - Tyler Lockette, WR, Kansas State

Cowboys - Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

Broncos - Danny Shelton, NT, Washington

Colts - T.J. Clemmings, OT/G, Pitt

Packers - Arik Armstead, DT, Oregon

Saints - D.J. Humphries, OT/G, Florida

Patriots - Marcus Peters, CB, Washington

It's an interesting and bold list. The thing I probably disagree with the most is randy gregory. He's WAY too high and I'm curious to hear your reasoning for having him so high at 8. I wouldn't have him as a first rounder, and that's before his marijuana troubles.

Very well done. What do you think of Trae Waynes? In another thread, I believe you wrote that you have not done a report on him because he would not be there for the Colts at 29. You have a few 3 CBs going in the first round, and he isn't among them.

Very well done. What do you think of Trae Waynes? In another thread, I believe you wrote that you have not done a report on him because he would not be there for the Colts at 29. You have a few 3 CBs going in the first round, and he isn't among them.

I like him, just not as much as everyone else. He's stiff in the hips, which is a really big negative for me evaluating corners. I think he's a first round talent, it's just not the way the board fell.

I like him, just not as much as everyone else. He's stiff in the hips, which is a really big negative for me evaluating corners. I think he's a first round talent, it's just not the way the board fell.

he's good but if you look how MSU's secondary played some of his bad play was overshadowed by the secondary as a whole

Based purely on my rankings only + team needs. I don't expect any of these to be popular, but I though it would be interesting to do. 

Bucs - Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon

Titans - Jameis Winston, QB, FSU

Giants - La'El Collins, OT/G, LSU

Chiefs - Brandon Schreff, OT/G, Iowa

o-rly-640x474.jpg

Dustin-

Looking at your rankings, they are good and you could make an argument for any of them. Ultimately the top ten will be based on positional need, and BPA. Especially since I have heard a few GM's say this draft is deep, but only about 16 picks grade out as 1st round drafts, which is actually better for us, the depth is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

One person no one has talked about much for us is Owamagbe Odighizuwa. Although you have him high in your rankings, I believe he will be there when we pick due to his injury history, surgery on both hips. Clean bill now, but it would scare me off, but I do believe the Colts will look at him, although if we go ILB, hopefully Kendricks is there!