Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Texans Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

NFL Network Thursday Night Football At Indianapolis  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team Will Win On Thursday Night?

• Indianapolis Colts
    • Houston Texans

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texans now know what it feels like to be the Colts, they will be 1 and done in the playoffs I guarantee it... :)

Well, they've lost their best defensive players, their QB, their backup QB, arguably their best offensive weapon in Andre Johnson, and their D coordinator isn't on the sidelines

Texans got hosed. This is one of those games that I feel bad about the Colts winning. Don't get me wrong. I want to see the Colts win, but I want to see them win legitimately.

I feel the same. Half of those penalties were terrible calls. How do you expect JJ Watt to suddenly break the laws of gravity and keep himself from falling onto Orlovsky?

Yeah, but he was talking about the Texans going 1 and done

Ohh yeah I was, I kind of feel bad for the Texans actually. You never know though, they might be able to do something. I actually wish them the best even though I talk alittle smack about them. I've never disliked the Texans.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Dwayne Haskins equals EJ Emanuel. No way should we even entertain that idea! Next offseason should be fun though. 
    • So you're nitpicking about receptions? Or off the field issues? Ray Lewis was accused of double murder and he's a first ballot hofer. 
    • I'm a little bullish on the Browns.  I picked them to win the division.  Sunday's game proved they aren't there yet.
    • Did anybody expect anything different?
    • Didn't you say in your previous post that stats don't mean anything?   QB is a different position than WR, obviously.  And if you read my post, I'm saying I think Rivers has the credentials to be first-ballot but he'll have a lot of competition with guys who will be retiring at or near the same time as him and who will likely be on the ballot at the same time.  This all comes into play with the selection committee.   And then let's get to the facts... Rivers is going to be top 5 in passing yards and most likely passing TDs when he retires.  Right now he is one of only 6 QBs ever to throw over 60,000 yards and 400 + TDs.   Randy Moss was a first ballot HOFer, so you're wrong there.   Randy Moss is 15th all time in receptions, he never made it to the 1,000 reception milestone.  So you're wrong that he was 'top 3 in every WR category'.  Terrell Owens is 8th all time in receptions (and wasn't in the top 5 when he retired).  Cris Carter's numbers are no where near Jerry Rice's and weren't even in 2002 when he retired (Rice retired in 2004).  I'll give you some credit, Carter at the time he retired was only the 2nd WR to have over 1,100 receptions.    Also, every one of those players you mentioned had off-field issues.  While they are not supposed to influence the selection committee, the selection committee is made up of humans and undoubtedly they do.  In the case of Moss and Owens, they were seen by many as poor teammates for a good chunk of their careers as well.   In Marv's case, Andre Reed got into the HOF in 2014 and Tim Brown in 2015.  Both WRs who had been eligible for a while.  I basically made the same argument about Rivers - Eli will be at least one class ahead of him, so I could see voters giving Eli the nod over Rivers.     
  • Members

• Bum

Bum 0

Rookie
    • pgt_rob

pgt_rob 2,465

• csmopar

csmopar 10,526

• jskinnz

jskinnz 5,736

• a06cc

a06cc 800