Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clayton Says Caldwell Must Win More Game To Keep His Job

GoColts8818

I can't see how winning the last 2 games could make a difference. If I was the owner and was watching what was going on I would already have made up my mind. A couple of meaningless wins at the end of the year don't change the fact that this coaching staff didn't get the job done. Neither did the players, but that takes a little more time to work on.

With how well they played in NE, yesterday's win pretty much secures Caldwell return. Both Polian and Irsay might make some small other coaching changes but I think both will allow Caldwell another season hopefully with a healthy Petyon to see what happens.

If it werent for Browns 80yd td I think he was playing to lose that game yesterday and we just might have! (Thanks DB!)

NOW is the perfect time to fire him!

Regardless of how conservative and frustrating it is, running the ball every play in those 4th quarter situations was the right call. Eat clock and don't allow the QB to lose the game for you. I mean, DO had 87 yards passing yesterday for two reasons: 1) he is terrible; and 2) we finally forced the issue in the running game. And looked what happened when we did #2...DB broke two big runs.

JC shouldn't be fired for being conservative yesterday...he should be fired for not figuring out that we need to run the ball as much as possible to win before week 15.

Rewarding Caldwell for a 1-15, 2-14, or even a 3-13 season is stupid. How can one forget that he led an 0-13 team and it took a miracle run by Brown to solidify that one victory.

1 miracle run? Really? Did you not watch how the defense dominated TN all day long?

1 miracle run? Really? Did you not watch how the defense dominated TN all day long?

Defense played very well though I wouldn't call it dominating against a hobbled QB. Caldwell was content with running a few tix off the clock and punting it back to the Titans. I'm just thankful for Brown's miracle run to solidify the victory so I didn't have to spend the final 3 minutes of the game biting my fingernails and hoping that the Titans didn't tie it and send it to overtime.

Defense played very well though I wouldn't call it dominating against a hobbled QB. Caldwell was content with running a few tix off the clock and punting it back to the Titans. I'm just thankful for Brown's miracle run to solidify the victory so I didn't have to spend the final 3 minutes of the game biting my fingernails and hoping that the Titans didn't tie it and send it to overtime.

So what would you like them to do with what is their fourth string QB? Sit there and wing it down the field? The Colts kept running ball yesterday because it worked, they had over 200 yards against the Titans running the ball. The Colts did what teams want to do to finish a game. They ran the ball to make the TItans use their timeouts (better than incomplete passes that would have stopped the clock and left the Titans with timeouts) and then put it away running the ball.