Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bob Kravitz' Story

Gramz

Okay, I just watched Dave interview Bill. Here are my thoughts...

I liked Letterman making the monologue joke about Bill & Dave being old enough to be the 2 old grouchy, Muppets funny guys in the balcony. I was raised on that show so I laughed pretty hard at that priceless line. 

The more than 90 seconds to go the bathroom joke at Letterman's expense was awkward regarding PSI deflate gate though. Comedy is a volume business I get that, but that joke crashed & burned IMO. 

I did chuckle over the Colts/Patriots rivalry jabs though. NE did kick our butt. "Horseplay" or not. NE deserves their bragging rights right now over INDY. "You changed that subject fast off your Colts Dave." LOL! 

I've never seen Belichick smile so much. I'm so used to his stoic face that when he smiles it feels odd to me like who in the hades is this guy & what happened to Bill man?  haha I'm just being honest. 

Bill did seem comfortable with Dave & it was nice to see the grey hoodie make a boo Jets fans joke. He didn't say much about PSI stuff other than he never knew so many Pats fans were scientists. 

I'm amazed that Dave got Bill to even do his show. Belichick doesn't strike me as a frequent guest on any TV show not football related. Kudos to Dave for landing him. 

Overall, that's the most relaxed I have ever seen Bill without Jon Bon Jovi or Mike Mayock walking by. It's cool to see Bill outside of his press conference environment. Bill was actually engaging & carefree. Wow! 

I didn't expect Dave to grill Bill like a district attorney on the witness stand. It's not that kind of show, but Bill does deserve credit for letting Letterman broach the subject of deflate gate on a comedy program. He didn't refuse to answer. I applaud Bill for that. 

Here's the link to last night's full episode just in case someone wanted to watch it & critique Belichick's performance themselves individually...

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_show/video/fDSrpaYZWbn7c5e9uyZIf9G40fkPHxhp/the-late-show-2-11-2015/

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's pretty well known around here that Bill is 180 degrees different "in real life" than he is doing mandated press conferences during the season. According to almost every ex-player that's ever played for him, he has a tremendous sense of humor. I don't want him to retire, but I'm also dying to read his book after he retires (and I suspect there will be one).

FYI - Bill Belichick said on Letterman last night that the investigation will not begin until next month. I think this pretty much confirms that the league does not think there is a ton there ... or at least anything worth getting on top of right away.

I didn't see Letterman but whatever BB said to make you think that is either him misspeaking or you misunderstanding. There is no way in Hades that the investigation is beginning in March. It's already begun and was suppose to last until around a week from now.

I didn't see Letterman but whatever BB said to make you think that is either him misspeaking or you misunderstanding. There is no way in Hades that the investigation is beginning in March. It's already begun and was suppose to last until around a week from now.

Direct quote:

"We're gonna bring you in," Belichick said to Letterman, "to testify when we get the investigation next month."

not sure. I take his comment to mean that the Wells investigation of Pats personnel hasn't begun yet.

yeah.. I played the link and have no idea. I'm thinking either BB misspoke or maybe the investigation is concluding in March with Brady and BB being the last ones they question. I'm pretty sure on what the NFL has released along with the leaks , we can assume the investigation has started . Plus there's the comment by the league that said it would take 2-3 weeks. I think tomorrow is about 2 weeks since that statement.

Yeah... looking at what you have again above and we agree. Or maybe he just screwed up saying "next month."

Funny how Kravitz also stated that BB should be suspended for the SB, etc, etc, without any evidence. I find it sad that he's leaving out the various tweets that he sent out condemning the Patriots immediately, without proper evidence . He's a hack.

I don't know that Kravitz is a hack, he just reported that BB and Brady are cheaters. That's his job. 

At least Kravitz pseudo apologizes for being a jerk. 

I guess the officials were wrong when they measured them at halftime? I am not a one man army as you say. Right now the NFL is still investigating. They have made no statements that there has been no wrong doing. Your media you follow is no better than any other. If it really needs to be explained to you I guess you haven't been following to close.

That's why I'm waiting for the Wells' report.

One of the things that hasn't been reported in a definitive fashion is whether the officials even used a meter to measure the air pressure when they approved them for use before the game or whether they just "felt" them.

If there was no baseline measurement before the game, unless Wells proves that the Pats and not the atmospheric conditions lowered the air pressure, there can be no proven crime.  We do know that the Pats submitted the balls to the officials before the game to be measured.  In so doing they effectively left it up to the officials to decide whether the balls needed either to be "topped up" or to have air "let out" (see Aaron Rodgers' statements about liking to overinflate the balls).  If 11 of the balls were a "couple of ticks" (what the heck is a "tick?") below the limit at halftime, absent the record of a pregame metered measurement, there's no way of knowing if that wasn't the condition in which they were when the officials approved them for use, whether the pressure had gone down in the cold or whether somebody tampered with them.  So far the only thing that has been rumored to have turned up as possible "proof" of tampering was an older guy taking the balls into a bathroom right off the playing field...for 90 seconds.  

When Wells investigated the Incognito mess, he got access to text and voice-mail messages, which he will no doubt do in this case as well.  So, he could turn up a "smoking gun" in the form of a text or message from someone nervous in the aftermath, like "Geez, Tom, I took the air out like you told me too and now I'm really nervous."  That's why I'm just waiting for the report.  I imagine he's looking at the text and voice-mail communications on both sidelines, BTW.

One of the things that hasn't been reported in a definitive fashion is whether the officials even used a meter to measure the air pressure when they approved them for use before the game or whether they just "felt" them.

If there was no baseline measurement before the game, unless Wells proves that the Pats and not the atmospheric conditions lowered the air pressure, there can be no crime.  We do know that the Pats submitted the balls to the officials before the game to be measured.  In so doing they effectively left it up to the officials to decide whether the balls needed either to be "topped up" or to have air "let out" (see Aaron Rodgers' statements about liking to overinflate the balls).  If 11 of the balls were a "couple of ticks" (what the heck is a "tick?") below the limit at halftime, there's no way of knowing if that wasn't the condition in which they were when the officials approved them for use, whether the pressure had gone down in the cold or whether somebody tampered with them.  So far the only thing that has been rumored to have turned up as possible "proof" of wrongdoing was an older guy taking the balls into a bathroom right off the playing field...for 90 seconds.  

When Wells investigated the Incognito mess, he got access to text and voice-mail messages, which he will no doubt do in this case as well.  So, he could turn up a "smoking gun" in the form of a text or message from someone nervous in the aftermath, like "Geez, Tom, I took the air out like you told me too and now I'm really nervous."  That's why I'm just waiting for the report.  I imagine he's looking at the text and voice-mail communications on both sidelines, BTW.

One of the sports radio guys here on the CBS affiliate has been saying for 3 weeks now that his sources have told him that the refs approved the balls in a slightly under-inflated state to begin with. I have no idea who his sources are, but he has been banging that drum hard since the beginning .

If there was no baseline measurement before the game, unless Wells proves that the Pats and not the atmospheric conditions lowered the air pressure, there can be no proven crime.  We do know that the Pats submitted the balls to the officials before the game to be measured.  In so doing they effectively left it up to the officials to decide whether the balls needed either to be "topped up" or to have air "let out" (see Aaron Rodgers' statements about liking to overinflate the balls).  If 11 of the balls were a "couple of ticks" (what the heck is a "tick?") below the limit at halftime, there's no way of knowing if that wasn't the condition in which they were when the officials approved them for use, whether the pressure had gone down in the cold or whether somebody tampered with them.  So far the only thing that has been rumored to have turned up as possible "proof" of wrongdoing was an older guy taking the balls into a bathroom right off the playing field...for 90 seconds.  

Not 100% sure but I think it's been at least stated , maybe not confirmed , that the balls were measured for PSI with an instrument and not by feel. What has been also "said" if that they didn't record the PSI for every ball they measured. That's a problem but I think if the balls were just felt , the league would have just admitted that they screwed up.

Of course it's speculation. I don't recall saying that I had any inside information. I'm simply observing that the way the Patriots mouth-pieces are talking about this issue post game is in stark contrast to how I'd expect people with something to hide to be talking about it. Whereas there was something potentially to be gained before the game by the bravado (i.e. deflecting attention so the team could prepare properly), there's no such advantage to be gained NOW, and in fact a strong argument could be made that if they were guilty it would be in their interest to either lay low and let it die down OR to start planting stories out there about how deflated balls don't really provide that big an advantage in an effort to soften the blow. The fact that they continue to take this on head first, in my opinion, is telling.

The stories are already planted and have been from day one. Take it on head first? Exactly how else would it be? Taking the filth is not taking it on at all.

The stories are already planted and have been from day one. Take it on head first? Exactly how else would it be? Taking the filth is not taking it on at all.

My guess is that if they thought they did something wrong, they'd be apologizing for it, accepting their punishment, and moving on.

One of the sports radio guys here on the CBS affiliate has been saying for 3 weeks now that his sources have told him that the refs approved the balls in a slightly under-inflated state to begin with. I have no idea who his sources are, but he has been banging that drum hard since the beginning .

So I guess here's what we have if everything you report is true. No offense to you but here I think is a fair assessment of what you have.

1) The balls were all measured to be a tick under when the refs checked them.

2) The balls when checked at halftime were as follows. 1 ball 2 LBs under. Many a tick under. The rest around a IB under. So now lets put some common sense to the 3 different readings as to the report that all the balls were a bit under when they first measured them.

The ball 2 LBS under. Either a defective ball or the Colts deflated it.

The many balls a tick under. No problem here as this is the exact same as first measured.

The balls around a pound under. This number is hard to peg. It's the number 12-1 minus whatever "many" is. Here we have a little problem. Why would the " many" balls not change in this "FREEZING COLD" 50 degree first half of the game. All of the Colt balls were also measured to be fine. HUH... this one is a mother t figure out. I'm going got say it has to be some sort of a deflation fairy that got the balls that weren't 2 LBs or a tick under.

My point is not that the Pats are guilty , cause I don't know. My point is that what you have gathered and presented us as truth has some flaws. Yes MIT says weather can deflate balls but seems to be the facts are presenting just enough to dismiss the possibility that something is amiss here.

So I guess here's what we have if everything you report is true. No offense to you but here I think is a fair assessment of what you have.

1) The balls were all measured to be a tick under when the refs checked them.

2) The balls when checked at halftime were as follows. 1 ball 2 LBs under. Many a tick under. The rest around a IB under. So now lets put some common sense to the 3 different readings as to the report that all the balls were a bit under when they first measured them.

The ball 2 LBS under. Either a defective ball or the Colts deflated it.

The many balls a tick under. No problem here as this is the exact same as first measured.

The balls around a pound under. This number is hard to peg. It's the number 12-1 minus whatever "many" is. Here we have a little problem. Why would the " many" balls not change in this "FREEZING COLD" 50 degree first half of the game. All of the Colt balls were also measured to be fine. HUH... this one is a mother t figure out. I'm going got say it has to be some sort of a deflation fairy that got the balls that weren't 2 LBs or a tick under.

My point is not that the Pats are guilty , cause I don't know. My point is that what you have gathered and presented us as truth has some flaws. Yes MIT says weather can deflate balls but seems to be the facts are presenting just enough to dismiss the possibility that something is amiss here.

First off, I'm not offended...none of these are MY stories...they are just things that are out there, most of which you've encapsulated above. I would just suggest that you are making an assumption that all balls will react uniformly to the environment when that's not necessarily the case. They are made from animal skins, they are all different to some degree. Obviously if the one ball is way out of whack, that's an issue. The 11 other balls, if they were in a tighter distribution range that may not be abnormal. Also, since you have been a stickler for not fudging the facts, the game was not played in 50 degree temperatures. It was in the 40's and raining for much of the game.

If you say so. But if that's the case then the Patriots did mess with the PSI of the footballs? You really think it's a coincidence the two teams footballs were measured different? I guess we will wait and see.

It's not a coincidence... I don't think you're following me. The footballs don't all have to be the same exact PSI when they're checked by the refs. 

Teams can turn in balls in the 12.5 - 13.5 range, right?

So if "Team A" turns theirs in at 12.5, and "Team B" turns theirs in at 13.5, they all pass. The game starts and all of the footballs lose one PSI due to temperature change (just picking that number arbitrarily and for the sake of simplicity). Since Team A started at the bottom end of the range, their balls are now considered under-inflated (at 11.5 PSI). Team B's, however, remain within the range (at 12.5 PSI).

I don't know anything about it that everyone doesn't already know, so I'm not saying that's how it went down. I'm just saying that based on more recent reports, it sure looks like a good possibility... or at least far more plausible than it was went Mortensen's report came out.

And, all due respect to Mort, he's wrong a lot more often than Rappaport is.

Like this article citing "sources" back in October: 

(http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11646779/tension-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-impact-quarterback-future-team?ex_cid=espnapi_public).

All I really wanna know is this: 1. Were 11 of 12 footballs deflated as originally reported by ESPN's Chris Mortensen yes or no? 2. Were gauges used to measure the air pressure in 11 of 12 balls yes or no? 3. In the interest of fairness for comparison purposes, show me the PSI results of INDY's footballs or let me hear from the zebra who tested the Colts footballs during the AFC Championship Game. Finally, 4. If it is discovered & concluded that NE violated this PSI rule, pay the darn fine & be done with this controversy. No complaining about it. Just man up & pay the piper. 

Now, if NE is cleared of any wrongdoing in deflate gate, in keeping with my word; I will publicly apologize to all of Patriots Nation for believing these unfounded accusations before the investigation has been completed. 

TBH with you, my respect for NE is still extremely high & I don't believe their 4 Championships are tainted at all. Will I be disappointed if they are found guilty? Yes.

But, it still doesn't change the fact that they are an elite, well coached club & 1 hades of a football team. 

All I really wanna know is this: 1. Were 11 of 12 footballs deflated as originally reported by ESPN's Chris Mortensen yes or no? 2. Were gauges used to measure the air pressure in 11 of 12 balls yes or no? 3. In the interest of fairness for comparison purposes, show me the PSI results of INDY's footballs or let me hear from the zebra who tested the Colts footballs during the AFC Championship Game. Finally, 4. If it is discovered & concluded that NE violated this PSI rule, pay the darn fine & be done with this controversy. No complaining about it. Just man up & pay the piper. 

Now, if NE is cleared of any wrongdoing in deflate gate, in keeping with my word; I will publicly apologize to all of Patriots Nation for believing these unfounded accusations before the investigation has been completed. 

TBH with you, my respect for NE is still extremely high & I don't believe their 4 Championships are tainted at all. Will I be disappointed if they are found guilty? Yes.

But, it still doesn't change the fact that they are an elite, well coached club & 1 hades of a football team. 

That's actually quite reasonable...I'm not sure what to do now!

That's a valid point GP. Because if NE is exonerated of all charges regarding deflate gate, Mort needs to apologize for jumping to conclusions & handing down a verdict before Ted Wells has even finished his work. 

This statement proves your point about being wrong a lot regarding Mort. "The signing of Danny Amendola as a slot-receiver replacement for Wes Welker has proven to be a failure, too.

For the record, SW1 admitted I was incorrect about Amendola who played lights out vs the Baltimore Ravens in the playoffs. When I mess up or see the light, I own it. You've gotta give me that.  haha

First off, I'm not offended...none of these are MY stories...they are just things that are out there, most of which you've encapsulated above. I would just suggest that you are making an assumption that all balls will react uniformly to the environment when that's not necessarily the case. They are made from animal skins, they are all different to some degree. Obviously if the one ball is way out of whack, that's an issue. The 11 other balls, if they were in a tighter distribution range that may not be abnormal. Also, since you have been a stickler for not fudging the facts, the game was not played in 50 degree temperatures. It was in the 40's and raining for much of the game.

The game started I think at around 50 and remember it was the first half that the balls deflated. They were brought up to what we would think would be the legal limit of 12.5 and they did not deflate in the 2nd half. More strange stuff IMO. Very possible there's an explanation but just not a simple as most Pat fans are now stating. Why 12 balls in first half go under , while no balls in the coder second half go under ? None of the Colt 12 balls go under in the entirety of the game. 

I'm not a real stickler for facts but here's something I took out of a deflation PSI formula thread I found on the internet . So looks like this old man was not embellishing. Every site I see gives 51degrees at the start and hourly reports I find don't show it going down much at all ... if any in the next 2 hours. But I don't know if east Foxboro or west Foxboro. Feel free to show me that the game was played in the 40's as it may well have been. I just can't find anything to make what I said wrong.

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/weather/2015/01/20/inflate-gate-weather-roll/22065861/

"We're down to two variables. But we also know the temperature on the field at the start of the game was reported as 51ºF/10.6ºC (283.15 K). Plug it in..."

It's not a coincidence... I don't think you're following me. The footballs don't all have to be the same exact PSI when they're checked by the refs. 

Teams can turn in balls in the 12.5 - 13.5 range, right?

So if "Team A" turns theirs in at 12.5, and "Team B" turns theirs in at 13.5, they all pass. The game starts and all of the footballs lose one PSI due to temperature change (just picking that number arbitrarily and for the sake of simplicity). Since Team A started at the bottom end of the range, their balls are now considered under-inflated (at 11.5 PSI). Team B's, however, remain within the range (at 12.5 PSI).

I don't know anything about it that everyone doesn't already know, so I'm not saying that's how it went down. I'm just saying that based on more recent reports, it sure looks like a good possibility... or at least far more plausible than it was went Mortensen's report came out.

Like this article citing "sources" back in October: 

(http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/11646779/tension-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-impact-quarterback-future-team?ex_cid=espnapi_public).

I follow just fine. All of these reports are just that. Reports, not fact. The media circus that has followed this issue has become a joke at best. Both Mort and Rappaport are just media people just like anyone else that can and does have excess to putting a story out. No matter what any of us think or who's opinion you want to believe makes no difference. You can come up with as many sites as you care to but the fact remains no one that has any authority to speak for the NFL, owners and commish. Speculation is not fact. Till the final results of the NFL's investigation is released none of this matters.

The game started I think at around 50 and remember it was the first half that the balls deflated. They were brought up to what we would think would be the legal limit of 12.5 and they did not deflate in the 2nd half. More strange stuff IMO. Very possible there's an explanation but just not a simple as most Pat fans are now stating. Why 12 balls in first half go under , while no balls in the coder second half go under ? None of the Colt 12 balls go under in the entirety of the game. 

I'm not a real stickler for facts but here's something I took out of a deflation PSI formula thread I found on the internet . So looks like this old man was not embellishing. Every site I see gives 51degrees at the start and hourly reports I find don't show it going down much at all ... if any in the next 2 hours. But I don't know if east Foxboro or west Foxboro. Feel free to show me that the game was played in the 40's as it may well have been. I just can't find anything to make what I said wrong.

http://www.wcsh6.com/story/weather/2015/01/20/inflate-gate-weather-roll/22065861/

"We're down to two variables. But we also know the temperature on the field at the start of the game was reported as 51ºF/10.6ºC (283.15 K). Plug it in..."

it was right around 50 at game time and then went down a couple degrees as the game went on. But that's splitting hairs by me so I'll retract that. But I'm more interested in your comment about the balls not going down in the second half. Do we know this? I had never read anything about them being measured post game and compared to the half-time readings. Did they make note of the half-time readings even, or was that just a "pass/fail" inspection like the pre-game check?

I follow just fine. All of these reports are just that. Reports, not fact. The media circus that has followed this issue has become a joke at best. Both Mort and Rappaport are just media people just like anyone else that can and does have excess to putting a story out. No matter what any of us think or who's opinion you want to believe makes no difference. You can come up with as many sites as you care to but the fact remains no one that has any authority to speak for the NFL, owners and commish. Speculation is not fact. Till the final results of the NFL's investigation is released none of this matters.

well...except Rappaport writes for NFL.com ...I have a hard time believing he's putting speculation out there that the league isn't on board with. That's not exactly what I'd call an "independent media outlet".

it was right around 50 at game time and then went down a couple degrees as the game went on. But that's splitting hairs by me so I'll retract that. But I'm more interested in your comment about the balls not going down in the second half. Do we know this? I had never read anything about them being measured post game and compared to the half-time readings. Did they make note of the half-time readings even, or was that just a "pass/fail" inspection like the pre-game check?

I read someplace that all the balls were tested after half time and none of the Colt balls or Pat balls were found to be under. What might be an explanation is the temperature of the Pat balls were higher when first brought on the field. So the warmer air inside the balls deflated and you only have at most a pound of new air going into the football. So maybe that's why the PSI pretty much stayed the same .. dunno?

That's actually quite reasonable...I'm not sure what to do now!

It's cool. I have a lot of NE fans on here that I respect & consider friends. The Patriots are INDY's arch AFC rival, but a highly respected one. I have nothing against NE. INDY just needs to stop getting dominated by you. It's a work in progress with less than stellar results during the Pagano era. 

The only team I detest is Dallas & that deep seeded animosity is rooted in decades of contempt like a family heirloom handed down from generation to generation. LOL! 

What I read was the Pat balls were brought up to spec after measuring below at halftime. Then all the balls , Colts and Pats were check again after the game concluded. It was reported that no footballs had deflated to below the 12.5. I don't recall reading if they wrote down the PSI of the balls they tested at half time. You would have to conclude that at this point they (refs) knew an investigation of sorts had begun. In fact I believe they talked to league officials and were instructed as to what they should do. If they didn't record the PSI of both The Pat and Colt footballs at the half time measurements , they (league and officials) would have to be total *s. So I think what we have is nothing recorded as to where the balls  measure when checked pre game. This to me is a non issue. Why should they record if they knew nothing of a possible issue. Then I would think that the half time measurements where the Pat balls were under and the Colt balls were ok , would be recorded. I would also guess as this came out the next day that , they asked the official that checked the balls about where the Colts checked out. He should have decent memory if they all indeed measures out at around 13.5 as some are speculating. IMO... lot's of stuff that could be of issue. I say "could be" of issue.

What I read was the Pat balls were brought up to spec after measuring below at halftime. Then all the balls , Colts and Pats were check again after the game concluded. It was reported that no footballs had deflated to below the 12.5. I don't recall reading if they wrote down the PSI of the balls they tested at half time. You would have to conclude that at this point they (refs) knew an investigation of sorts had begun. In fact I believe they talked to league officials and were instructed as to what they should do. If they didn't record the PSI of both The Pat and Colt footballs at the half time measurements , they (league and officials) would have to be total *s. So I think what we have is nothing recorded as to where the balls  measure when checked pre game. This to me is a non issue. Why should they record if they knew nothing of a possible issue. Then I would think that the half time measurements where the Pat balls were under and the Colt balls were ok , would be recorded. I would also guess as this came out the next day that , they asked the official that checked the balls about where the Colts checked out. He should have decent memory if they all indeed measures out at around 13.5 as some are speculating. IMO... lot's of stuff that could be of issue. I say "could be" of issue.

I thought I read that they just swapped out at halftime and used the Pats 12 alternate balls.

Not 100% sure but I think it's been at least stated , maybe not confirmed , that the balls were measured for PSI with an instrument and not by feel. What has been also "said" if that they didn't record the PSI for every ball they measured. That's a problem but I think if the balls were just felt , the league would have just admitted that they screwed up.

At this point, it is because there are so many things that have been "stated,maybe not confirmed" that I am waiting for the Wells report.

As for the league now admitting "that they screwed up," if you believe that, well, I live in NYC and just happen to have a very nice bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you...I only have the title for two more days, so I'm kind of desperate to unload it and will give you a great price...needs a little paint, but kickass views of Manhattan!

It's cool. I have a lot of NE fans on here that I respect & consider friends. The Patriots are INDY's arch AFC rival, but a highly respected one. I have nothing against NE. INDY just needs to stop getting dominated by you. It's a work in progress with less than stellar results during the Pagano era. 

The only team I detest is Dallas & that deep seeded animosity is rooted in decades of contempt like a family heirloom handed down from generation to generation. LOL! 

I'm an Eagles fan, so I share your feelings about Dallas, but I think, as long as Peyton is with Denver, the Broncos will remain the Patriots' arch AFC rival, followed closely by the Jets who have shown they can beat the Pats anytime, anyplace when things go their way, including in Playoff games (also the Patriots needed a blocked FG to avoid a possible loss to them last season in a very competitive game...in Gillette!).  

I'll let the Indy fans tell you who their archrival is, but I think a lot of folks would put an other team in Texas, whom they have to play 2x a year, ahead of the Patriots.  But that's up to them, not me, to say.

At this point, it is because there are so many things that have been "stated,maybe not confirmed" that I am waiting for the Wells report.

As for the league now admitting "that they screwed up," if you believe that, well, I live in NYC and just happen to have a very nice bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you...I only have the title for two more days, so I'm kind of desperate to unload it and will give you a great price...needs a little paint, but kickass views of Manhattan!

Considering how property values in Brooklyn have risen , I could be interested in that bridge. Do you think I can raise the tolls ?

I love it.  We're all speculating about guesses about rumors.

FWIW, it's my speculation about this guess that he was probably referring to when he was told they would be interviewing him.  Which would actually make sense as Wells wouldn't talk to Belichick (and probably Brady) until he had spoken to everyone else.

Or, another speculation about a guess about a rumor would have it that he might have been tweaking the NFL for what he perceives as the slow pace of the investigation.

I'm just waiting for the Wells report and don't care if it comes next week or next month.  

I love it.  We're all speculating about guesses about rumors.

FWIW, it's my speculation about this guess that he was probably referring to when he was told they would be interviewing him.  Which would actually make sense as Wells wouldn't talk to Belichick (and probably Brady) until he had spoken to everyone else.

Or, another speculation about a guess about a rumor would have it that he might have been tweaking the NFL for what he perceives as the slow pace of the investigation.

I'm just waiting for the Wells report and don't care if it comes next week or next month.  

I feel like you. Also I never thought BB could have been "jabbing" at the pace of the investigation. BTW.. do you think that bridge would qualify as a "like property" for a 10-31 exchange on an apartment house in AZ ? Are you a Colt fan , Pat fan or a deflation observer ?

Considering how property values in Brooklyn have risen , I could be interested in that bridge. Do you think I can raise the tolls ?

You're either a New Yorker yanking my chain (or testing me) or you're trying to be funny.  So, I'll just play along.  

Yes, I think you might be able to raise the foll from nothing to $0.00.  I'll put it in the contract.

You're either a New Yorker yanking my chain (or testing me) or you're trying to be funny.  So, I'll just play along.  

Yes, I think you might be able to raise the foll from nothing to $0.00.  I'll put it in the contract.

Just having fun with you. I'm from Syracuse and now live in CA. But I loved going to NYC a couple times a year. Only been back once in the last 10 years and that was for a deposition which was not really fun at all. Anyway. IMO , no other city can hold a candle to NY. I'm only 45 minutes from LA and I never bother with it. 

@SportsCenter: Patriots locker-room attendant tried to put unapproved kicking ball into AFC title game, sources familiar w/ investigation tell @OTLonESPN.

Would that be the same attendant who decided to make a pit stop in the bathroom with a bag full of balls before the game? Hmmm

Would that be the same attendant who decided to make a pit stop in the bathroom with a bag full of balls before the game? Hmmm

After Rapaport contradicted Mort we can't believe anything until the report comes out but it's something new that came out for the first time in weeks.

After Rapaport contradicted Mort we can't believe anything until the report comes out but it's something new that came out for the first time in weeks.

True, i just read the new report. It too states that 11 of 12 balls were "one to two pounds" under, according to a source.

It also states that an official became suspicious of this guy handing him a football that did not have proper markings on it and he contacted the VP of game operations who was in the press box who decided to go down at halftime to check the balls. So does that mean people can now get off of Grigson's case for starting deflategate?  Sounds to me like there was suspicion anyway and the league was notified by one of it's own officials.