Bob Kravitz' Story

Gramz

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So exactly how does that explain 11 underinflated footballs? That is fact. We are all in the waiting mode so to say. For you to assume the Patriots are out of the woods on this issue is speculation on your part. Till Goodell has the final results in on the investigation no one is clear.

Of course it's speculation. I don't recall saying that I had any inside information. I'm simply observing that the way the Patriots mouth-pieces are talking about this issue post game is in stark contrast to how I'd expect people with something to hide to be talking about it. Whereas there was something potentially to be gained before the game by the bravado (i.e. deflecting attention so the team could prepare properly), there's no such advantage to be gained NOW, and in fact a strong argument could be made that if they were guilty it would be in their interest to either lay low and let it die down OR to start planting stories out there about how deflated balls don't really provide that big an advantage in an effort to soften the blow. The fact that they continue to take this on head first, in my opinion, is telling.

FYI - Bill Belichick said on Letterman last night that the investigation will not begin until next month. I think this pretty much confirms that the league does not think there is a ton there ... or at least anything worth getting on top of right away.

Did you catch how even Letterman mentioned the whacked-out Colts conspiracy theory?  lmao

So exactly how does that explain 11 underinflated footballs? That is fact.

Considering that you have no idea how uninflated they were, do me a favor.  Inflate a football in your house to exactly 12.5.  Bring the football outside.  Wait an hour.  Measure it again.  Post your results.

Considering that you have no idea how uninflated they were, do me a favor.  Inflate a football in your house to exactly 12.5.  Bring the football outside.  Wait an hour.  Measure it again.  Post your results.

There were measured at halftime. there were 11 underinflated footballs. The weather was not cold enough to cause that much change. But that's OK if you think they underinflated themselves. No problem.

There were measured at halftime. there were 11 underinflated footballs. The weather was not cold enough to cause that much change. But that's OK if you think they underinflated themselves. No problem.

What change is this?  Please tell me the exact PSI those 11 football were down, and quote source please.

Because as of right now, you are a one man army.

No one knows whether or not this is true because the original Mortensen report conflicts with the later stuff from Rappaport. If the balls were as low as Mort said, then someone let air out of them. If Rappaport is right, then it's very plausible that natural processes caused the deflation. On top of that, the league itself confirmed that the measurements were not logged pre-game.

There are all sorts of "leaks" but few confirmed facts. 

Even Kravitz is acknowledging that now. 

lol...you're gonna be awfully disappointed soon

I have a feeling that many people will be disappointed. But that won't stop them from holding on to this story for dear life.  ;)

That said I should take my own advice and wait for the facts.  :D

The way the Patriots are still dealing with this publically post-superbowl tells me that they are supremely confident that they are in the clear. While I thought Bill's and Kraft's comments before the game were bold and very likely to be what you'd hear from innocent people with no concern about being caught in a lie, the cynic in me at least allowed for the possibility that it might have been a bit of false bravado in order to eliminate a distraction for the team. But the fact that they continue to double down now that the game is in the books tells me for sure that these guys are completely innocent.

I'm sticking with my position and waiting for the Wells report, but I think Kraft has done a lot more than "double down" on his position.  I think he's going for blood.  I also doubt he cares whether the blood is shed by the League Office, by the Officials or by the Colts organization (or all three!).  He has gone so far out on a limb on this that he would practically have to sell the team if evidence turns up that the Patriots did something inappropriate.

I'm waiting for the Wells report, but I'm wavering in my initial assumption that "the Patriots are at it again!"  If the League had the goods on the Pats, I think they'd have come out with it by now.  It's over ten days since the SB.

I'm going to resist the urge to speculate and just wait and see.

MIT already proved that the temperature change would have accounted for the ball deflation.

But hey, if you know more than MIT...

No point in speculating anymore until the report is out.

Saying "11 of the 12 balls were deflated!!!!" means absolutely nothing. What their psi was before the game and what their psi was at half time are the important details.

If they were 12.5 at the start and 12.2 at half time, it's pointless to waste another breath of air talking about it or spending anymore time investigating.

If they were 10.5 at half time, then the question becomes who messed with them to get them to that point and you take the investigation further

This is a thread about a recent article by King Kravitz.

Yes I know but it morphed into PSI , how the BB and Kraft's comments prove innocence .. bla bla bla. When Go Pats commented that "we " will be disappointed in the results .. that doesn't relate more to Kravitz than the investigation... correct ?

That's what I responded to , so I think I get it. Like I said .. most of us have moved on. Myself .. I really don't care what they find. The N.E. era will end as soon as Brady falls over the edge or even another Gronk injury will (IMO) end it. Losing a 1st or 2nd rounder won't dent it. Again .. just my opinion.

Yes I know but it morphed into PSI , how the BB and Kraft's comments prove innocence .. bla bla bla. When Go Pats commented that "we " will be disappointed in the results .. that doesn't relate more to Kravitz than the investigation... correct ?

That's what I responded to , so I think I get it. Like I said .. most of us have moved on. Myself .. I really don't care what they find. The N.E. era will end as soon as Brady falls over the edge or even another Gronk injury will (IMO) end it. Losing a 1st or 2nd rounder won't dent it. Again .. just my opinion.

No one has said it yet but health was a HUGE reason why the Pats had the championship run this season. Had either Gronk or Revis gone down this season not sure they make it all the way. As it was they had to overcome Mayo and Ridley.

Also, something else no one is saying. Brady's extension two years ago set this team up to be able to sign Revis, Lafells and Browner and all 3 were key components to the championship run.

And lastly, no Welker to mess it up or Eli heroics. ;)

What change is this?  Please tell me the exact PSI those 11 football were down, and quote source please.

Because as of right now, you are a one man army.

I guess the officials were wrong when they measured them at halftime? I am not a one man army as you say. Right now the NFL is still investigating. They have made no statements that there has been no wrong doing. Your media you follow is no better than any other. If it really needs to be explained to you I guess you haven't been following to close.

No one has said it yet but health was a HUGE reason why the Pats had the championship run this season. Had either Gronk or Revis gone down this season not sure they make it all the way. As it was they had to overcome Mayo and Ridley.

Also, something else no one is saying. Brady's extension two years ago set this team up to be able to sign Revis, Lafells and Browner and all 3 were key components to the championship run.

Welker would have had to be ten feet tall to make that catch. :highfive2:

Not only is Gronk the best TE in the game but he's the piece that turns the NE offense fro ordinary to very difficult to defend. The fact that you can't match up with him one on one makes for all those other mismatches BB and Brady are able to exploit. Its no accident that he started 2014 off a little slow and your offense was a pie of smelly poop. As he got back into the swing of things , all of a sudden Tom Brady was an MVP type QB throwing 8 yard passes. Never saw a career resurrected so quickly. Yes.. I know things got better as the offense needed a little time to mesh and yeah .. the O line played better. But don't kid yourself , Gronk makes that offense actually tough to stop. If you want to give an MVP to a player on the best team .. look no further than him.

No one knows whether or not this is true because the original Mortensen report conflicts with the later stuff from Rappaport. If the balls were as low as Mort said, then someone let air out of them. If Rappaport is right, then it's very plausible that natural processes caused the deflation. On top of that, the league itself confirmed that the measurements were not logged pre-game.

There are all sorts of "leaks" but few confirmed facts. 

Even Kravitz is acknowledging that now. 

Then how about a plausible explanation on why the Patriots footballs were all underinflated and the Colts weren't?

Naa... not a great throw but something he should have caught

I know I stretched a bit but all the Patriot fans want to say it was all Welker. No blame will ever go to Brady for a very poor thrown ball. It was equal but to the Pat fans there is never anything acceptable negative about Brady.

FYI - Bill Belichick said on Letterman last night that the investigation will not begin until next month. I think this pretty much confirms that the league does not think there is a ton there ... or at least anything worth getting on top of right away.

How do you figure it confirms zero? Now you are speaking for the league? I think it's best to wait and see exactly what the finding are before claiming anything.

I know I stretched a bit but all the Patriot fans want to say it was all Welker. No blame will ever go to Brady for a very poor thrown ball. It was equal but to the Pat fans there is never anything acceptable negative about Brady.

No... I agree with you , it was a crappy throw. 

Then how about a plausible explanation on why the Patriots footballs were all underinflated and the Colts weren't?

Because it's possible that the Colts' footballs were at a higher initial PSI than the Pats' footballs. If NE submitted them at the low end of the acceptable range and Indy's were in the middle, there's no "control" group. 

Because it's possible that the Colts' footballs were at a higher initial PSI than the Pats' footballs. If NE submitted them at the low end of the acceptable range and Indy's were in the middle, there's no "control" group. 

If you say so. But if that's the case then the Patriots did mess with the PSI of the footballs? You really think it's a coincidence the two teams footballs were measured different? I guess we will wait and see.

Not only is Gronk the best TE in the game but he's the piece that turns the NE offense fro ordinary to very difficult to defend. The fact that you can't match up with him one on one makes for all those other mismatches BB and Brady are able to exploit. Its no accident that he started 2014 off a little slow and your offense was a pie of smelly poop. As he got back into the swing of things , all of a sudden Tom Brady was an MVP type QB throwing 8 yard passes. Never saw a career resurrected so quickly. Yes.. I know things got better as the offense needed a little time to mesh and yeah .. the O line played better. But don't kid yourself , Gronk makes that offense actually tough to stop. If you want to give an MVP to a player on the best team .. look no further than him.

Gronk is great but I think this year unlike previous years they had much more versatility around him. Edelman from the slot was a beast and did a great job with the drag routes and wheel routes and getting YAC after the catch. Then you have Lafells on the outside and finally a legit threat outside the numbers which helped Gronk have the year he did given no Hernandez. And then Vareen out of the backfield to run the screens and slants. The Hawks defense had no answer to defend any of it whether it was putting a LB on Gronk or trying to cover all the crossing routes and screens. Honestly, it was a brilliant game plan from Josh and he said in an interview this week that he told the offense to be patient as the Hawks don't give up chuck yardage or anything down field and of course all that begins and ends with #12 taking what the defense gave him and reading the open guy beautifully.

In terms of the beginning of the season, there were lots of issues all around. The Oline was terrible until they added Stork at center, Lafells and Brady took a few weeks to get on the same page and of course Gronk was recovering from ACL. And then on defense there was no Browner for the first 4 weeks so they had Revis in a lot of zone which was not taking advantage of his covering abilities and the run defense was porous to say the least until Jamie Collins and Hightower came on.

This was your typical Pats team. It never looks great to start but Bill tinkers, Brady gets the offense humming and it comes along. This year like I said, they all stayed healthy which was key and lucky too along with Brady's extension which helped them get all those key FAs signed.

The investigation has already begun, the league already said they have interviewed many and have received the video and other information that they requested from the Patriots.  Bill may have been referring to the release of the report by Wells which should be out by March.  I don't believe what he said on Letterman's show "confirms" anything at all, one could take the opposite view that because the NFL is taking so long that if there was really nothing there they would have already said so.

The investigation has already begun, the league already said they have interviewed many and have received the video and other information that they requested from the Patriots.  Bill may have been referring to the release of the report by Wells which should be out by March.  I don't believe what he said on Letterman's show "confirms" anything at all, one could take the opposite view that because the NFL is taking so long that if there was really nothing there they would have already said so.

Yeah, I am not sure. Bill said to Letterman, "we can bring you for the investigation next month." I took that to mean that the Wells investigation will not take place until March. The league interviewed the Pats employees after the AFC champ game then announced at the end of the week that Wells would be investigating and that it would take several weeks. It was a curious quote from Bill as it sounded like nothing was happening until March. I think you could read different ways but I took it to mean that the league did not think this was something so serious that they had to get on it right away after the SB. Perhaps that was based on the 40 interviews they conducted or the information they got from Columbia on the physics of air pressure.

Wells probably hasn't interviewed Bill or Tom yet, and whoever else from the Pats Organization they want to interview.

With the Super Bowl, then the parade, and now the never-ending SNOW  it may be March before they get to those interviews.

:scratch:   :dunno:   just a thought. :hmm:

People are upset about his editorializing tweets, not for breaking the story .

I just don't get why some people take tweets so seriously. I grew up on newspapers like the NY Times & USA Today both paper & online additions. I view tweets like spam in my email. They are never a trusted news source no matter who attaches their name to it. Twitter to me is more entertainment to me than anything else. They have no merit or longterm historical value. 

Whoa, really? Bill was on Letterman. You mean he actually said something besides mumbling & silence? LOL!  Just kidding! This I gotta see. I'll be right back...