Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Culter - Keep And Remold Or Dump Him?

King Colt

The Bears have to dump Cutler in my opinion because you cant retrain him. See how Brady gets * and screams when things go bad while Cutler slumps on the bench and from his body language you cant tell if he is ahead or behind. Leadership is not his bag. Talented yes but he always has the look of being hung over from a New Years Eve party. Tons of rebuilding for that  club.

The Bears have to dump Cutler in my opinion because you cant retrain him. See how Brady gets * and screams when things go bad while Cutler slumps on the bench and from his body language you cant tell if he is ahead or behind. Leadership is not his bag. Talented yes but he always has the look of being hung over from a New Years Eve party. Tons of rebuilding for that  club.

That contract he has makes it kind of tough to just dump him.

You have to keep and mold him, but it seems like he doesn't care.  He always has this smug "I don't care" look on him.  He's very talented, but I feel like no coach or coordinator has been able to keep him accountable.  If he matures, becomes a leader, and makes better decisions because he's being held accountable to someone, he could be a very good QB in the league.

Given his contract, I think they have to keep him.  If they really wanna get rid of him, their best option would be to find a trade partner instead of just cutting him.  Seeing him in Buffalo could be a good match...

I think at this point you bring him back unless you find a suiter to take him off your hands. Honestly with a new staff they can see if they can gleen anything good from the kid and if not you just dump him next offseason. They aren't going to the playoffs next year anyways....see if you can salvage something from the kid with Adam and John but otherwise this would be his last go round. They could easily cut bait if they want but he is good enough to get you to the playoffs...he probably just isn't a SB caliber qb....I say see where it goes this year...is he really the problem....probably...but still they are paying him a ton...keep him until an answer presents itself at the position. IMO he wasn't the whole problem with the team...just part of it...but he can be good enough if you manage his game to make plays from time to time for you. Perhaps give Gase the chance to use his brilliance to devise a gameplan to get the best out of the kid.

You have to keep and mold him, but it seems like he doesn't care.  He always has this smug "I don't care" look on him.  He's very talented, but I feel like no coach or coordinator has been able to keep him accountable.  If he matures, becomes a leader, and makes better decisions because he's being held accountable to someone, he could be a very good QB in the league.

Given his contract, I think they have to keep him.  If they really wanna get rid of him, their best option would be to find a trade partner instead of just cutting him.  Seeing him in Buffalo could be a good match...

Mold him? Sorry 21, he will be 32 years old next season. The days of molding him are over IMO. But I do agree the Bears really cant afford to cut him without a trade partner.

I think at this point you bring him back unless you find a suiter to take him off your hands. Honestly with a new staff they can see if they can gleen anything good from the kid and if not you just dump him next offseason. They aren't going to the playoffs next year anyways....see if you can salvage something from the kid with Adam and John but otherwise this would be his last go round. They could easily cut bait if they want but he is good enough to get you to the playoffs...he probably just isn't a SB caliber qb....I say see where it goes this year...is he really the problem....probably...but still they are paying him a ton...keep him until an answer presents itself at the position. IMO he wasn't the whole problem with the team...just part of it...but he can be good enough if you manage his game to make plays from time to time for you. Perhaps give Gase the chance to use his brilliance to devise a gameplan to get the best out of the kid.

32 years old is not a kid any longer. He has all the talent in the world but don't have what it takes. More or less a Jeff George impersonator without the attitude. IMO.

Cutler is one of my least favorite QB's...   but with that contract,  they're married to him for at least one more year,  perhaps even two...

It's easy to sit here and say Culter stinks, get rid of him...   or, another popular cry here is Dalton sucks,  get rid of him...

But no one stops to think that there's nobody better out there to replace them at this point. 

Those teams have to hope that a coach and the surrounding talent helps to elevate the QB's talent to the max...

There are 32 NFL teams.     But there are NOT 32 QB's of starting level quality that you can win with....

32 years old is not a kid any longer. He has all the talent in the world but don't have what it takes. More or less a Jeff George impersonator without the attitude. IMO.

I agree. They are stuck with him...unless they want to cut him. Nobody is trading for that contract. Comes down to can they win with him. I say yes in a limited manner. If you run the ball, cut WAY down on his throws like Denver did early in his career he has enough talent to win you enough games to get you in the playoffs. He isn't a SB caliber QB....but most would say that about Brad Johnson or others too. Identify his strenghts...play to them...limit his turnovers. Fox get the defense around and they get the ball in Fortes hands more and you can win.....but that division is pretty tough. I think you hang on to him...give him a shot with the new coaches etc....and give them the green light to cut him etc if they don't get what they want.