Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Werner

Mikemccoy84

Anyone else shocked to see him scratched completely. He wasn't setting the world on fire but why change the team chemistry

Cause he's a BUST

Was very supportive of the pick back in the draft but looking at it..... We took a PROJECT player with our 1st round pick

That's terrible!!!

There's an interesting idea.  I haven't thought of that before.  But it certainly helped Clay Matthews in Green Bay, so perhaps that could help Werner if you watch werner he need change his spot on defense line.  

he play good pass blocker and running way better as inside line backer .

I was surprised to see him inactive given the dink and dunk passing game that Brady was obviously going to use. The short drops rendered our outside pass rush useless. 

Also, Werner is actually pretty good against the run. Newsome was absolutely awful and useless tonight. Not sure of the strategy behind sitting him.

We needed every run stopper we could get because pass rush had no shot when Brady is 3 and 5 step dropping against us with perfect timing

Have to agree with you. Newsome didn't do anything. I was really surprised that Werner was scratched. Andy Studebaker playing LB? Please. It wasn't what lost us the game but I think it was a suspect move.

Cause he's a BUST

Was very supportive of the pick back in the draft but looking at it..... We took a PROJECT player with our 1st round pick

That's terrible!!!

Well, as long as you guys are in the mood for endless misery, allow me to pour salt in your wounds....

Because the hilarious irony to all this is that had we loaded up at RB and taken every down RB LeVeon Bell instead of Werner with that years #26 pick....the Trent Richardson trade 5 months later would have been completely unnecessary.

Let that marinate for a while. :)

Hughes has the speed and burst that most OLB's have, Werner doesn't. He has no pass rush moves at all and it won't get much better. Similar to Richardson, I think the front office know they made a mistake drafting Werner.

Well, as long as you guys are in the mood for endless misery, allow me to pour salt in your wounds....

Because the hilarious irony to all this is that had we loaded up at RB and taken every down RB LeVeon Bell instead of Werner with that years #26 pick....the Trent Richardson trade 5 months later would have been completely unnecessary.

....... *Enters Depression*

Bell in a Colts uniform would've been greatness

Is anyone else starting to think that we're wasting too many roster spots with project players? I know that a lot of times their is perceived to be high upside with these players but how often do many of these players reach it? I would rather have sure fire talent as opposed to a player who MIGHT be starting caliber in 2-3 years.

thats why its comical to listen to people say Colts shouldn't take a playmaker with the 29th pick and go the safe route with yet another G or D-lineman who are 3rd or 4th round talent but we are just drafting by need. Donald Brown over Shady McCoy...Werner over Bell. Just so many misses by our front office. 

Is anyone else starting to think that we're wasting too many roster spots with project players? I know that a lot of times their is perceived to be high upside with these players but how often do many of these players reach it? I would rather have sure fire talent as opposed to a player who MIGHT be starting caliber in 2-3 years.

totally agree.......get the sure fire playmaker thats on the board late in the 1st round. Its not going to be a starting OL or game changing DL but maybe we hit a HR with someone like a Gordon from Wis.

thats why its comical to listen to people say Colts shouldn't take a playmaker with the 29th pick and go the safe route with yet another G or D-lineman who are 3rd or 4th round talent but we are just drafting by need. Donald Brown over Shady McCoy...Werner over Bell. Just so many misses by our front office. 

I agree 100% that no position should be off the table in the first round, when the value of the player available dictates we take him. Exactly what Grigson's methodology is.....we don't know....but he's had some very good picks as well and it ain't an easy job.

But the team as a whole....front office, coaches and players need to get better so we can finish this rebuild off with championship results. I don't think we should blow up the organization....it's just to soon.

But roster and position coach changes? Yes.....we obviously have some work to do.

Today sucked....royally....but New England is simply a very established team with an experienced coaching staff that paid their dues years back and yes, more playmakers.

We're at a different point as a franchise from top to bottom and it showed.....but we'll get there.

Hm, Werners stats in the regular saison better then Walden,Newsome...not in sacks,but in all other things.

Yesterday we see Newsome...0 Faktor, his last sack was a free run, make my granny with closed eyes in the middle of the night.

I have no idea what Manuskis plan this year,put in the regular saison we have much sacks from everywere....

In the two games ,behind Werners shoulder injury, he makes 0 tackle,why.? forced comeback ?....but  defense stand good in this two games.

Werners pass rush is not great,put he looks for the holes in our defense , play good against the run ....ilb..nice idea,hehe

Questions over questions......i hope Manuski clear it up....