Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congrats Pats

schwamm

Never a more clear case of the better team winning. Congratulations. 

Our long held rivalry is dead, gone, yet the Pats keep chugging away. 

Good luck next week, I have no particular care for either team, but if poison must be swallowed, I'll take the Pats. 

You congratulate a team trying to score with a long pass up 38 with 5 minutes left ? Get a backbone.

NFL offense job description: score points

NFL defense job description: prevent the opponent from scoring points

These are professional football players.  It's not a child's league where you play nice.  You are a professional.  I have no problem with the Pats going out there and trying to do their job.

NFL offense job description: score points

NFL defense job description: prevent the opponent from scoring points

These are professional football players.  It's not a child's league where you play nice.  You are a professional.  I have no problem with the Pats going out there and trying to do their job.

Good for you if you have no problem with that. It's mostly viewed as bad sportsmanship and frowned upon by NFL teams. I do have a problem with it

Never a more clear case of the better team winning. Congratulations. 

Our long held rivalry is dead, gone, yet the Pats keep chugging away. 

Good luck next week, I have no particular care for either team, but if poison must be swallowed, I'll take the Pats. 

I hope the rivalry is just starting again. Colts are a classy organization and would love to see both teams there again next year.

Clearly the Pats were the better team tonight. So congrats Pats.

You speak for you.  Not the rest of us.  I'd never congratulate that team.  Other teams that have beaten us in playoff games...Pittsburgh, San Diego, Baltimore....I would say, "congratulations," but not this one.  

Good for you if you have no problem with that. It's mostly viewed as bad sportsmanship and frowned upon by NFL teams. I do have a problem with it

I'd understand if you're upset at our defense for not being able to stop them.  But being upset at the Pats for simply doing their job doesn't make sense to me.  This is the NFL.  If you can't stop the offense, you don't deserve to win.  What obligation do the Pats have to not score as much as they can?

I'd understand if you're upset at our defense for not being able to stop them.  But being upset at the Pats for simply doing their job doesn't make sense to me.  This is the NFL.  If you can't stop the offense, you don't deserve to win.  What obligation do the Pats have to not score as much as they can?

I understand that you're a moderator and a good guy. But to be honest , your knowledge of the game is ....... This is like I said , frowned upon by most of the NFL teams. The Pats often don't respect this and get a lot a flack from other teams over it. You can say that IYO .. it's Ok but don't act like I'm making something up.

I understand that you're a moderator and a good guy. But to be honest , your knowledge of the game is ....... This is like I said , frowned upon by most of the NFL teams. The Pats often don't respect this and get a lot a flack from other teams over it. You can say that IYO .. it's Ok but don't act like I'm making something up.

LOL 21 doesn't have the knowledge. And you've talked to every coach and player around the league we assume. I say you're making it up. I've certainly heard some coaches say otherwise and none what you say.

But regardless.... when you're going to be playing a very tough team next you don't relax and put on the brakes. You keep it running full steam to keep the edge, never mind live practice. That's just pure tactical common sense. 

But regardless.... when you're going to be playing a very tough team next you don't relax and put on the brakes. You keep it running full steam to keep the edge, never mind live practice. That's just pure tactical common sense. 

Yup. Go for the throat. Ask BAL or GB what happens when you let a team hang around.

Play to hang on VS play to WIN!

Stop, please. Control yourself. I've sat in on gameday threads with 21 for years and I'll tell ya right now, your remark is WAY out of line. (and wrong)

LOL 21 doesn't have the knowledge. And you've talked to every coach and player around the league we assume. I say you're making it up. I've certainly heard some coaches say otherwise and none what you say.

It's frowned upon . You don't throw passes at the end zone from 35 years out up 38 with around 6 minutes left in the game. I don't want to start something with moderators as I often get warnings and ridiculous points BTW .. 21 has no business saying Cribbs should just leave the team and go home. I believe that's against forum rules. Anyway if you two , who don't ben have a clue as to how a salary cap works , think I'm making up something ... fine. 

Well...you are starting to blather on about moderators, forum rules, how many points you have......you seem a bit unhinged. 

The only other advice I have; When you get over 40 years old, never trust a fart. 

Why.. have you been crapping your pants lately ?

BACK ON TOPIC.....Respect to the Pats. They gave us the business and then some tonight. I hate them, but respect their coaching. It never ceases to amaze me how they come up with some of the crazy stuff they do, like the formations for example. I watched BB's "A football life" on NFLN a from a few years back, and I do have a tiny amount of respect after seeing BB's human side (when he got choked up before the last game at the old Giants stadium, his love for his son...made him a little more human to me and not some evil person. It's just a game for us fans, after all). Their offensive line is consistently good, schematically. They get to the next level and play very well. It's not a surprise that very few teams can outright match up with them. Stork went out and they didn't miss a beat. Gronk was really minor factor in the passing game but was utilized well in the running attack. BB deserves the credit for that. I don't like some of the stuff like keeping on the gas when the game is sealed, but it's the NFL, not Pee Wee ball.

Ugh, what a loss. But I have to say (begrudgingly) congrats.

How does what I said relate to my knowledge of the game in any way?  I'm not saying you're making anything up.  I'm saying it's not a big deal.  If a defense doesn't like being scored on, then they should stop the offense.  It's like a few years ago when the Dolphins came out and were upset at the Patriots running the same play against them like 4 times in a row.  If you don't want them to run the same play against you, then stop them from doing so.  It's football.  You are paid to stop the offense and the offense is paid to score points.  I would understand if it were high school, but I don't see a problem with running up the score in the pros....especially in the playoffs.  If it was something like New England vs. Jacksonville, then I can understand.  But this is the AFCCG.  You want your offense to be in tip-top shape and have full confidence going into the final game of the season

Stop, please. Control yourself. I've sat in on gameday threads with 21 for years and I'll tell ya right now, your remark is WAY out of line. (and wrong)

Thanks, ruksak!  It's always a pleasure to have you in the gameday threads!  I always look forward to reading your posts.  I still remember the Broncos thread last year where we were posting all those gifs haha.  Awesome stuff :thmup:

How does what I said relate to my knowledge of the game in any way?  I'm not saying you're making anything up.  I'm saying it's not a big deal.  If a defense doesn't like being scored on, then they should stop the offense.  It's like a few years ago when the Dolphins came out and were upset at the Patriots running the same play against them like 4 times in a row.  If you don't want them to run the same play against you, then stop them from doing so.  It's football.  You are paid to stop the offense and the offense is paid to score points.  I would understand if it were high school, but I don't see a problem with running up the score in the pros....especially in the playoffs.  If it was something like New England vs. Jacksonville, then I can understand.  But this is the AFCCG.  You want your offense to be in tip-top shape and have full confidence going into the final game of the season

That's fine to say it doesn't bother you but Im understanding you to say that there is no such "feeling " in the NFL that this is frowned upon in most NFL circles. I mean .. everyone expected the Pats to pull their starters yet alone take shots down the field with less than 6 minutes left. Christ... the Colts didn't even try to score after FORCING NE to punt a play later. They ran twice and threw a 2 yard pass. I will be very surprised if this is not brought up in a day or two.... 

BACK ON TOPIC.....Respect to the Pats. They gave us the business and then some tonight. I hate them, but respect their coaching. It never ceases to amaze me how they come up with some of the crazy stuff they do, like the formations for example. I watched BB's "A football life" on NFLN a from a few years back, and I do have a tiny amount of respect after seeing BB's human side (when he got choked up before the last game at the old Giants stadium, his love for his son...made him a little more human to me and not some evil person. It's just a game for us fans, after all). Their offensive line is consistently good, schematically. They get to the next level and play very well. It's not a surprise that very few teams can outright match up with them. Stork went out and they didn't miss a beat. Gronk was really minor factor in the passing game but was utilized well in the running attack. BB deserves the credit for that. I don't like some of the stuff like keeping on the gas when the game is sealed, but it's the NFL, not Pee Wee ball.

Belichick may seem like a bit of a jerk to the media (and you could make the argument that some members of the media deserve that), but he's actually a really classy guy in a lot of ways.

That's fine to say it doesn't bother you but Im understanding you to say that there is no such "feeling " in the NFL that this is frowned upon in most NFL circles. I mean .. everyone expected the Pats to pull their starters yet alone take shots down the field with less than 6 minutes left. Christ... the Colts didn't even try to score after FORCING NE to punt a play later. They ran twice and threw a 2 yard pass. I will be very surprised if this is not brought up in a day or two.... 

I see what you mean, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree haha

Belichick may seem like a bit of a jerk to the media (and you could make the argument that some members of the media deserve that), but he's actually a really classy guy in a lot of ways.

Classy .... like in getting by far the largest fine in NFL history and the only team ever to forfeit a 1st rounder for cheating ?

It's frowned upon . You don't throw passes at the end zone from 35 years out up 38 with around 6 minutes left in the game. I don't want to start something with moderators as I often get warnings and ridiculous points BTW .. 21 has no business saying Cribbs should just leave the team and go home. I believe that's against forum rules. Anyway if you two , who don't ben have a clue as to how a salary cap works , think I'm making up something ... fine. 

Just an FYI- moderators who post as a poster (and they do) are in fact a poster just like you or anyone else so don't feel you need to have white gloves in responding to them..within the rules of course :-)     

Coming from you I might have to frame that :)

What shocked me was the complexity of NE offense. It's one thing to draw up complex moves but to be able to execute them is another. I figured they would just line up and run with play action. However that shows you BB did not remotely take the colts for grant it.

Will you be surprised if you see that some of the Colts were upset about that play ? 

Nope.  They should be upset.  But if they really are upset, why wouldn't they do anything to stop the Pats?  You really don't want the Pats to score 40 points on you?  Stop them.  No one feels bad for you when you're getting paid millions to play a game for a living.  Regardless, agree to disagree.

Classy .... like in getting by far the largest fine in NFL history and the only team ever to forfeit a 1st rounder for cheating ?

Classy, like this, or with his charity foundation.  Or with the praise he gives out.  He isn't the big mean grumpy guy the media makes him out to be

It's not against forum rules.  You can find the forum rules here.  I didn't take any personal shots and I didn't say anything inflammatory.  In fact, when people say a player should be cut, they're saying the same thing I am.  We're all allowed to voice our opinions.  You can disagree with me if you like, but that doesn't mean I broke any rules.