Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I still can't fathom how we got this good...

bestQBever

-Coaching decisions

-Good Line play

-Pep creating a different type of run game

-Everyone healthy

10 bucks says Richardson won't dress against the Patriots either. Doubt he'll ever take another snap for the Colts despite popular opinion. The coaching staff has picked it up, and I like the direction they're going. Play the best players, sit the ones that aren't the best.

-Coaching decisions

-Good Line play

-Pep creating a different type of run game

-Everyone healthy

10 bucks says Richardson won't dress against the Patriots either. Doubt he'll ever take another snap for the Colts despite popular opinion. The coaching staff has picked it up, and I like the direction they're going. Play the best players, sit the ones that aren't the best.

Exactly. Grigson and the coaching staff finally swallowed their pride and stopped banging their head against the wall with TRich. They stopped using Wayne as a #2 and started Moncrief as #2. Nicks has earned the #3 and hence he is seeing more targets too. They have been rotating Herron and Tipton and seen the positive results so far.

They are playing the best players, not mainly the ones they drafted highly or traded for. Holmes at center has been more than adequate so far and our OL has been the key so far in both games. Reitz and Louis on the right side are playing better as I see them work together more. Castanzo has always been solid. When push comes to shove and the stakes got higher, the right decisions are being made.

If I may,  I'd like to offer a different perspective....

My guess is '09 hurt so bad because I believe the Colts were the favorite.    Losing when you're the favorite is always worse than just losing.

But, if we're fortunate enough to make it to the SB,  I don't believe we'll be the favorite against either Seattle or Green Bay.

So,  for me at least,  if we get in and lose,  will I be disappointed?   You bet.   Big time.    But crushed?    No.    Because we will have lost to the better team, IMO.   We will not have lost while being the favorite.

Just a different way of dealing with a loss....   

I was there in 09 in Miami. We goal line stood them on 4th down, I really thought we would fly down the field w 2 minutes left and go into the locker room up 13-3 or 17-3. Instead they played "not to lose" ran it three times, punted, and the Saints hit the field goal going into half time. 10-6, queue onsides kick to open the half. The entire stadium was rocking in the Saints favor, I knew right away far before the pick six at the end. It was crushing but honestly best weekend of my life otherwise. No bad blood between the teams, two great fan bases just happy to be there.

That being said, the SB to me is 06 AFC championship game, the SB on top of it vs Rex Grossman in the rain was just icing on the cake. That's how this weekend would feel although the SB contender of the NFC will be just as tough. I just want to take the Pats out of the club.

Good god I want the Lamar Hunt trophy so bad. 

I cannot stomach another Patriots Super Bowl and my team is the only thing standing in their way. 

Please can we outcoach BB for once. 

I can't stand the evil genius.

Yes, I bet my friend before the game if it is a Patriots-Seahawks SuperBowl, my season ends this week.  I will NOT watch ESPN or read the sports headlines until a week after the big game.  I just don't think I could stomach all the arrogance and the aroma of nonsense that would fill the TV and newspapers!

Yes, I bet my friend before the game if it is a Patriots-Seahawks SuperBowl, my season ends this week.  I will NOT watch ESPN or read the sports headlines until a week after the big game.  I just don't think I could stomach all the arrogance and the aroma of nonsense that would fill the TV and newspapers!

Oh man. Russell Wilson and Tom Brady with two weeks of hype? ESPN would be having its day. The two darlings of the NFL...I don't think I'd watch/read anything NFL until the game.

If I may,  I'd like to offer a different perspective....

My guess is '09 hurt so bad because I believe the Colts were the favorite.    Losing when you're the favorite is always worse than just losing.

But, if we're fortunate enough to make it to the SB,  I don't believe we'll be the favorite against either Seattle or Green Bay.

So,  for me at least,  if we get in and lose,  will I be disappointed?   You bet.   Big time.    But crushed?    No.    Because we will have lost to the better team, IMO.   We will not have lost while being the favorite.

Just a different way of dealing with a loss....

Hell, I'm giddy with being in the afc championship game. I didn't think the colts would sniff this game when the season began.

I think the cohesion of the OL has helped dramatically paving the way for a limited but effective running game. I notice more check downs and quick releases while still going deep with regards to the passing game. That being said the D has been playing lights out also.

This team currently has the capability to beat anyone even the Patriots at Foxboro, IF they play well. They will have to play much better than they did vs the Broncos as they face their biggest test yet and their current nemesis. Any mental lapses will be exploited to the fullest extent by the Patriots. I do expect the Colts to stop their running game for once finally.