Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The all encompassing Tom Brady

jvan1973

Still not seeing the problem with it.

The Pats' biggest concern is a lack of a burner at wideout. With generally good to fair pass protection, a great QB, decent run game, the best TE in the game and Edelmann they're still very good on offense regardless.

Defense, special teams, and coaching are all solid.

Now if NE were to face, say, SEA I'd be more concerned with the O-line...because any O-line should be concerned against SEA lol    NE's toughest matchup they could face in the AFC is probably BAL.

The oline has never been solid this year. Total mix ups but has achieved in spite of. I think it's ranked like 3rd in pass protection DVOA.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still not seeing the problem with it.

The Pats' biggest concern is a lack of a burner at wideout. With generally good to fair pass protection, a great QB, decent run game, the best TE in the game and Edelmann they're still very good on offense regardless.

Defense, special teams, and coaching are all solid.

Now if NE were to face, say, SEA I'd be more concerned with the O-line...because any O-line should be concerned against SEA lol    NE's toughest matchup they could face in the AFC is probably BAL.

Pats made the super bowl in 2007 and 2011 with the best offensive line in the game and loaded at WR and still got steamrolled by the Giants and that's when they had Dante Scarnecchia.

This year's o-line doesn't have the continuity and consistency of previous offensive lines the Pats have had.

Teams don't need superstar WR's to win super bowls.  Pats' biggest concerns is o-line and Strong Safety (SS) as Patrick Chung is a liability in coverage.  They also better hope Kyle Arrington is healthy in the slot at CB because offenses are targeting Logan Ryan with success.

Pats made the super bowl in 2007 and 2011 with the best offensive line in the game and loaded at WR and still got steamrolled by the Giants and that's when they had Dante Scarnecchia.

This year's o-line doesn't have the continuity and consistency of previous offensive lines the Pats have had.

Teams don't need superstar WR's to win super bowls. Pats' biggest concerns is o-line and Strong Safety (SS) as Patrick Chung is a liability in coverage. They also better hope Kyle Arrington is healthy in the slot at CB because offenses are targeting Logan Ryan with success.

Steamrolled? The o-line was, yes. Losing 2 games by 7 points does not = steamrolled overall, though.

I think that's the smallest thumbnail jpeg image of a celebrity I have ever seen Vance. If you wanted me to go blind squinting at it just say so man. LOL! 

Try this one instead. I like black & white pictures because it reminds me of vintage Hollywood...Your picture is fine BTW; I just don't carry around a magnifying glass on me 24/7. 

B-ndchen-gisele-bundchen-27935273-1024-7

I still think the marriage is a cover.  ;)

If the Pats don't fix their O-line problems the Ravens will win.

Pats will need to put Revis on Steve Smith and double team Torrey Smith by putting Browner on him and safety McCourty over the top.

It will be another tough challenge for a battered Ravens team. They will follow the same kind of game plan as they did against the Steelers, establish the running game with controlled strategic passing by Flacco. Melvin, Webb, Hill, and Stewart seem to be stabilizing the secondary. Like 2012, this team has nothing to lose. No one expected them here.

If the Pats don't fix their O-line problems the Ravens will win.

Pats will need to put Revis on Steve Smith and double team Torrey Smith by putting Browner on him and safety McCourty over the top.

Suggs, Ngata, Dumervil and Williams. They all looked good last night.

Of all AFC playoff teams the Ravens are the worst matchup for the Pats, or the best meaning they have the best chance to beat the Patriots.

The Ravens don't even need top talent in the secondary if they can get pressure on Brady.

The Ravens will be big time underdogs in this game, which will suit them fine. I'm hoping for s cold, rainy , snowy day. These are generally great games.

Brady is aging just like Manning.  There is a reason you don't see old QBs win Super Bowls.  They are fatter and happier even if they don't think they are.  It takes a desperate team/individual to win a Super Bowl.  That's why a lot of wild card teams win and why most teams never repeat (still happy after winning the previous Super Bowl). 

Are you the same bird that wanted the Ravens to lose and move on from 2014 ?

Yes, in a moment of complete despair and anger. I really thought we blew it against the Texans and thought there was no way the Chargers would lose to KC. This team has surprised me, especially with 19 players on IR. This bird is pleasantly surprised and happy they did make it. It beats a sharp stick in the eye.

Yes, in a moment of complete despair and anger. I really thought we blew it against the Texans and thought there was no way the Chargers would lose to KC. This team has surprised me, especially with 19 players on IR. This bird is pleasantly surprised and happy they did make it. It beats a sharp stick in the eye.

Pro football is a crazy game.

Pro football is a crazy game.

Yes it is. I don't think many in Baltimore, and myself for that matter, thought they would make it this far. If you get in the playoffs and get hot, you have a punchers chance. It's a miracle this team is doing what it's doing with the depleted secondary, and an IR list a mile long.

Idiocy from someone who clearly doesn't understand the issue.

If I were you, I'd read Polian and Dungy's thoughts on whether or not the Patriots won because of this.

Tell it to Marshal Faulk . Maybe he'll feel better.

Ohh ... and Polian. Yeah right , I'll listen to that senile nut head . He talks out of both sides of his mouth all the time. I googled "Polian's thoughts on Spygate " and here's what came up..

"And here’s the most important thing of all — and it goes unfortunately unspoken because of the focus on the Super Bowl and the failure to win more than one Super Bowl: We did it — and Peyton did it — the right way, honestly, fairly and squarely.”

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/10/bill-polian-takes-veiled-shot-at-patriots-says-peyton-manning-won-super-bowl-the-right-way-honestly/

Facts are facts. Nothing in the picture is inaccurate

This is why I suggested the special Brady thread. Everyones that doesn't lick their boots is an *. Glad you started the thread. It's so much easier to just come here when you feel you can take those guys. Also it's keeping a lot of other threads from being wrecked. Some of the Pat guys are really cool , it's just those few that need this kind of segregation.

This is why I suggested the special Brady thread. Everyones that doesn't lick their boots is an *. Glad you started the thread. It's so much easier to just come here when you feel you can take those guys. Also it's keeping a lot of other threads from being wrecked. Some of the Pat guys are really cool , it's just those few that need this kind of segregation.

Hey man, it was your idea. I just ran with it. lol

9e1e0225670e3e39727fb5d08c17bf4ff182560f

Funny thing is he's been a better QB in recent years (dunno about this year) compared to the 2001, 2003-2004 teams. Takes a team to get it done.  Right now he's got a pretty damn good one though so don't be surprised if that number goes from 0 to 1.

The Pats got their worst possible AFC matchup with the Ravens. If BAL can't stop them, pretty much a shoe in for the SB. AFC wise DEN has a slight chance in hell against them and Indy/CIN have even less than that.

If SEA is waiting they could make it interesting.

Funny thing is he's been a better QB in recent years (dunno about this year) compared to the 2001, 2003-2004 teams. Takes a team to get it done. Right now he's got a pretty damn good one though so don't be surprised if that number goes from 0 to 1.

The Pats got their worst possible AFC matchup with the Ravens. If BAL can't stop them, pretty much a shoe in for the SB. AFC wise DEN has a slight chance in hell against them and Indy/CIN have even less than that.

If SEA is waiting they could make it interesting.

The thing I've been wondering is if Brady is taking these pay cuts / lengthening of contract , etc, in desperation to get a post- spygate Super Bowl win. I don't want to be commenting on the particulars or merits of the Spy Gate situation , only wondering if Brady feels this is important to his legacy.

Sounds like you guys hate the Patriots like we hate the Steelers. We usually fly under the radar in Baltimore, and are generally on the pay no mind playoff list. If you guys win, it will be Ravens, Patriots, Broncos, Colts. A good final four with excellent pedigrees.

It's jealousy, pure and simple. 3 >> 1.

The thing I've been wondering is if Brady is taking these pay cuts / lengthening of contract , etc, in desperation to get a post- spygate Super Bowl win. I don't want to be commenting on the particulars or merits of the Spy Gate situation , only wondering if Brady feels this is important to his legacy.

He wants to win the Super Bowl every year. After he had just won his third SB and prior to spygate he took a 25 percent below market contract.

It is amusing that you think this thread will keep Pats fans from posting about Brady in other threads ...

It is amusing that you think this thread will keep Pats fans from posting about Brady in other threads ...

Is that to mean you're going to keep looking for a spot in every thread to turn into  Brady thread ? Darn....