Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How long do you see the Manning-Brady rivalry continue?

coltkingABC

How long do you see Tom Brady and Peyton Manning facing each other in the AFC playoffs for the next 2-3 years, or do you see either one of them retiring by 2020? Quarterbacks can play as long as their healthy, and it seems that both Brady and Manning's window of winning a Super Bowl is closing. Thoughts?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long do you see Tom Brady and Peyton Manning facing each other in the AFC playoffs for the next 2-3 years, or do you see either one of them retiring by 2020? Quarterbacks can play as long as their healthy, and it seems that both Brady and Manning's window of winning a Super Bowl is closing. Thoughts?

I suppose when one of them retire,     As for their windows closing as long as the teams there playing on are 1 and 2 in the AFC doesn't look that way to me. :36dancing:

I feel Peyton will retire at the end of this season and Brady is traded to another team for multiple draft picks.  Brady plays 3 more seasons.

Brady will be the next QB of either the Texans, Cardinals, Raiders, 49ers or Browns.

Do you think the more you keep posting this the more it will come true? Brady is not going anywhere next season. He is an MVP candidate this year and will be on a $7mil deal next season.

Do you think the more you keep posting this the more it will come true? Brady is not going anywhere next season. He is an MVP candidate this year and will be on a $7mil deal next season.

Keep telling yourself that.  Josh McDaniels is already making the adjustment for Jimmy G.  There's been a riff all season long between Josh and Brady on play calling.  I know it's going to be hard when Brady is traded but Brady isn't your binky blanket.

Keep telling yourself that.  Josh McDaniels is already making the adjustment for Jimmy G.  There's been a riff all season long between Josh and Brady on play calling.  I know it's going to be hard when Brady is traded but Brady isn't your binky blanket.

Do you have a link to this riff? Anything to substantiate such a preposterous statement? You realize that Brady and Josh have teamed up to score the most points in the league? The most points.

I am not sure if you are a closet Eastern Illinois fan or what but your obsession with Jimmy is eerie.

Do you have a link to this riff? Anything to substantiate such a preposterous statement? You realize that Brady and Josh have teamed up to score the most points in the league? The most points.

I am not sure if you are a closet Eastern Illinois fan or what but your obsession with Jimmy is eerie.

Just wait and see.

And if your logic is that you're not a real fan of a team if you're critical of them, well take a look at the Colts Football section...it's full of Colts fans questioning their team and being real hard on their team.  Also listen to Boston sports talk radio, it's loaded with callers and Pats fans who are critical of the Pats.  Try being objective and stop putting homerism first.

Just wait and see.

And if your logic is that you're not a real fan of a team if you're critical of them, well take a look at the Colts Football section...it's fully of Colts fans questioning their team and being real hard on their team.  Also listen to Boston sports talk radio, it's loaded with callers and Pats fans who are critical of the Pats.  Try being objective and stop putting emotion first.

Huh? Your other thread title was about resting starters. How is that a topic that lends itself to criticizing the Pats especially when they played one of the toughest schedules and managed to secured the number one seed a week early to be in position to get to decide if they want to rest players or not???

Huh? Your other thread title was about resting starters. How is that a topic that lends itself to criticizing the Pats especially when they played one of the toughest schedules and managed to secured the number one seed a week early to be in position to get to decide if they want to rest players or not???

I support resting the Pats' players for a meaningless week 17 game to reduce the odds/chances of any injuries.

"How is that a topic that lends itself to criticizing the Pats especially when they played one of the toughest schedules and managed to secured the number one seed a week early to be in position to get to decide if they want to rest players or not???"

Ahhhh yes, they played one of the most toughest schedules and managed to get the one seed.  Correct.  It's a great reason to rest many starters for a meaningless week 17 game.  :-)

I support resting the Pats' players for a meaningless week 17 game to reduce the odds/chances of any injuries.

"How is that a topic that lends itself to criticizing the Pats especially when they played one of the toughest schedules and managed to secured the number one seed a week early to be in position to get to decide if they want to rest players or not???"

Ahhhh yes, they played one of the most toughest schedules and managed to get the one seed.  Correct.  It's a great reason to rest many starters for a meaningless week 17 game.  :-)

So you want to criticize just IN case they don't rest all the players you want them to? Ok.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 26, 2014 - linking to another forum and quoting the links
Hidden by Nadine, December 26, 2014 - linking to another forum and quoting the links

So you want to criticize just IN case they don't rest all the players you want them to? Ok.

Sure.  And this thread is no different than all the threads created by Colts fans in the Colts section.  :-)  If you want to see fans being critical of their team and being objective read that section.  Also, there are many independent Patriots' forums on the web where many Pats fans are far more critical than I am of the Pats.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, December 26, 2014 - linking to another forum and quoting the links
Hidden by Nadine, December 26, 2014 - linking to another forum and quoting the links

Sure.  And this thread is no different than all the threads created by Colts fans in the Colts section.  :-)  If you want to see fans being critical of their team and being objective read that section.  Also, there are many independent Patriots' forums on the web where many Pats fans are far more critical than I am of the Pats.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=16

You seem to look for ways to be critical of the team that currently holds the best record in football. But if that is your way to view things, more to power to you but if you can't enjoy this ride that the Pats have given us this season then I am not sure what will ever satisfy you. This is five straight years that they have secured the bye ....

You seem to look for ways to be critical of the team that currently holds the best record in football. But if that is your way to view things, more to power to you but if you can't enjoy this ride that the Pats have given us this season then I am not sure what will ever satisfy you. This is five straight years that they have secured the bye ....

You seem to enjoy teams that have good regular seasons but can't win the big one anymore.  Pats haven't won the big one in 10 years.  Anyone with any common sense would be very skeptical of the Pats in the post season.

You seem to enjoy teams that have good regular seasons but can't win the big one anymore.  Pats haven't won the big one in 10 years.  Anyone with any common sense would be very skeptical of the Pats in the post season.

What is the alternative, being a Jets fan? If your measuring stick for getting satisfaction out of a season is a ring that I am not sure why you watch any team. The Pats gave us 3 rings in 4 years in case you forgot and then 2 other SBs in which they lost by the slimmest of margins. It is hard to win the Super Bowl and anyone who watches the NFL for any length of time gets this. I have enjoyed this season immensely and that will not change whether or not the Pats hoist the trophy. Of course I want them too and believe they have a great chance with a defense that can defend the pass well but if they lose, they lose. The journey is just as special as the end in my view. But that is me.

Considering Peyton is not a great QB anymore, I'd say it's already over. He's just regressed too much this season. I'm as much a Manning fan as anyone and it would take nothing short of blinders the size of OMAHA to think he's even close to what he used to be.

If not for Rodgers, Brady would be undeniably the best QB in the game with a significant gap after him in skill level/performance.

Mind you that doesn't mean The Denver Broncos can't win a Superbowl, but they have an uphill battle with him playing as he has and special teams among the worst in the league. If they have to go to Foxboro, well....

How has Peyton Manning regressed? He has some of the best stats in the NFL. Is winning his division. He beat our poor Colts and is on his way to a bye week in the play offs. Not to mention the season he had last year...

On what basis has he regressed?

He is still better than 95% of the QBs in the league and that's including Andrew Luck.

It is remarkable how much Manning has faded in the second half.

He wasn't the same when the season started, it's just looked a lot more apparent recently.

Even last season when the Broncos broke records it was obvious he wasn't nearly the same as he used to be, but he's fallen off a cliff compared to that.

How has Peyton Manning regressed? He has some of the best stats in the NFL. Is winning his division. He beat our poor Colts and is on his way to a bye week in the play offs. Not to mention the season he had last year...

He is still better than 95% of the QBs in the league and that's including Andrew Luck.

He's still better than most QB's by virtue of his brain, but the arm strength is just not reliable.

Stats can be very misleading. That being said I'd still take him over any QB not named Rodgers, Brady or Romo but he's fading fast. For him, he should be in the same ballpark or better than Rodgers or Brady but he's clearly not...I'd call that a pretty significant dropoff.

If you ask me who I want leading my team going in to this season I'd say Rodgers or Peyton...now it's Rodgers or Brady and Peyton isn't even a thought.

Still good enough to win it all with the Broncos, but there are better teams with better QBs out there so it will be tough for Denver.

He's still better than most QB's by virtue of his brain, but the arm strength is just not reliable.

Stats can be very misleading. That being said I'd still take him over any QB not named Rodgers, Brady or Romo but he's fading fast. For him, he should be in the same ballpark or better than Rodgers or Brady but he's clearly not...I'd call that a pretty significant dropoff.

If you ask me who I want leading my team going in to this season I'd say Rodgers or Peyton...now it's Rodgers or Brady and Peyton isn't even a thought.

Still good enough to win it all with the Broncos, but there are better teams with better QBs out there so it will be tough for Denver.

I guess it really is a "what have you done for me lately?" type of league... I remember Brady being told he was done at the beginning of the year... And he didnt look too stellar against the porous Colts defense.

As a matter of fact I remember Rodgers being in a slump at the beginning of the year too.

I'd say now Manning is having his slump. Although id say he looked pretty darn good when Denver let Peyton be Peyton in the thrird quarter of the Bengals game.

I guess it really is a "what have you done for me lately?" type of league... I remember Brady being told he was done at the beginning of the year... And he didnt look too stellar against the porous Colts defense.

As a matter of fact I remember Rodgers being in a slump at the beginning of the year too.

I'd say now Manning is having his slump. Although id say he looked pretty darn good when Denver let Peyton be Peyton in the thrird quarter of the Bengals game.

Brady can actually throw long without heaving up ducks in the air half the time. Brady has never been the most accurate passer going long, but he's more likely to OVER throw it than UNDER throw it for an easy pick.

Manning going long at one point you can bank on being a big gain. Now I cringe whenever I see him heave it because I don't know If it's going to be a doozy or a duck.

With Manning you don't really need to respect the long passing game, with Brady you do. That doesn't mean Manning can't make a good long pass, but his arm is just not reliable.

As for "what have you done for me lately" he hasn't been good going long for over two years and he's been especially unimpressive over the past month and a half. We are not talking just one or two games but the regression of one of the best to ever play over the past two seasons.

Nothing can top your obsession for Brady :)

As of december 2014 there are many QB's better than Peyton who I'd rather have on my team...

Aaron Rodgers

Tom Brady

Andrew Luck

Russell Wilson

Ben Roethlisberger

Philip Rivers

Tony Romo

Nothing can top your obsession for Brady :)

After Sunday's close game against the Jets, during the post game press conference some members of the media were questioning the offensive game plan and Brady gave hints that he wasn't too pleased about the game plan.  He reiterated that he wanted to do more hurry up offense.  He later had to come out Tuesday to address the issue because the media started to look into it more.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/brady-says-collaboration-mcdaniels-strong

Yes, I do believe there's some tension and frustration between Brady and some in the coaching staff.  Then there was the big rumor that Aaron Dobson got into a heated exchange with Josh McDaniels.  This leads me to believe that behind the scenes the Patriots are slowly making the adjustment to Jimmy G.  At the beginning of the season that offense was designed for Jimmy as it was the offense Jimmy and Josh McDaniels were using in pre-season.  The season starts and Brady didn't want or like that offense and they were struggling big time.  They pulled Brady out of the Chiefs game.  They put in Jimmy and he drives down the field and scores a TD quickly.

The Pats hopefully won't make the same mistake the Dolphins made with Marino.  But many Pats fans want to hang onto Brady the way Phins fans hung onto Marino.

My gut says that if Denver falls short this season....Peyton retires.

And I'll go a step further....

If New England beats them and represents the AFC...and then wins the Super Bowl....I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Brady takes his 4th ring and retires as well.

Not a chance. He loves to play and is and has been taking the steps to keep him in shape.

He has a this regimented training with scientific body measurement due to exercise and eating. If NE season ended today he'd still be working out on this training until the SB before a short rest.  Not sure what the science is but heard it the other day and nurses have told me it's true. Some kind of measuring that actually prolongs aging.

Not a chance. He loves to play and is and has been taking the steps to keep him in shape.

He has a this regimented training with scientific body measurement due to exercise and eating. If NE season ended today he'd still be working out on this training until the SB before a short rest.  Not sure what the science is but heard it the other day and nurses have told me it's true. Some kind of measuring that actually prolongs aging.

It's called being put on "Giselle's hippy spiritual organic diet and yoga" program or else he's sleeping on the couch.  Just imagine the green weed grass sludge shakes they drink to "cleanse" the soul.

Well...you're probably right JJ, but I would argue that retiring from the NFL and "measuring" Giselle probably prolongs aging too. :yes:

After Sunday's close game against the Jets, during the post game press conference some members of the media were questioning the offensive game plan and Brady gave hints that he wasn't too pleased about the game plan.  He reiterated that he wanted to do more hurry up offense.  He later had to come out Tuesday to address the issue because the media started to look into it more.

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/brady-says-collaboration-mcdaniels-strong

Yes, I do believe there's some tension and frustration between Brady and some in the coaching staff.  Then there was the big rumor that Aaron Dobson got into a heated exchange with Josh McDaniels.  This leads me to believe that behind the scenes the Patriots are slowly making the adjustment to Jimmy G.  At the beginning of the season that offense was designed for Jimmy as it was the offense Jimmy and Josh McDaniels were using in pre-season.  The season starts and Brady didn't want or like that offense and they were struggling big time.  They pulled Brady out of the Chiefs game.  They put in Jimmy and he drives down the field and scores a TD quickly.

The Pats hopefully won't make the same mistake the Dolphins made with Marino.  But many Pats fans want to hang onto Brady the way Phins fans hung onto Marino.

lol. The offense has been Brady's for the last 13 years. There is no offense for Jimmy. They drafted him because he can play in Brady's offense. Same as Cassell, Hoyer, etc ...

lol. The offense has been Brady's for the last 13 years. There is no offense for Jimmy. They drafted him because he can play in Brady's offense. Same as Cassell, Hoyer, etc ...

lol @ thinking it's 2007.  How old was Brady when the Pats had Cassell and Hoyer?  It's 2014/15.  Brady will be 38 before the start of next season.

You're living in the past based on past accomplishments.