Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bronco 'Guarantees' They'll Beat Pats...

sportsworld33

How many of you actually read/heard the quote?

In so many words, he said the team won't be satisfied until they win the Super Bowl, and if they have to go to New England and beat the Pats, then that's what they'll do.

Bravado? Sure. Nothing more than that. I can't understand anyone on the team or on the staff having a problem with what he said.

Not to be a little nick picky, but he actually predicted that would win the Super Bowl, well at least as it was conveyed by Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post . . . http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_27137478/kiszla-terrance-knight-guarantees-super-bowl-victory-2015

"It doesn't matter what happens. At the end of the year, we're hoisting that trophy,"

"I don't care if New England doesn't lose again. I don't care where we have to play. I don't care who our opponent is. We're not going to be satisfied until we hoist that trophy. So if we've got to go to New England (in the playoffs) and win somewhere we're not used to winning, we're going to make it happen."

Are you really confident the Broncos are going to win the championship, Mr. Knighton?

"Write that," said Knighton, stamping his prediction with all the weight of his 330-pound frame. "And put a big period after that one."

Is it OK to add an explanation point?

"Exclamation point!" Knighton insisted.

So as it was reported by Mike Kiszla of the Denver Post, Knighton was stating that the Broncos will win the SB . . . surely it is everyone's goal and most would be disappointed if they did not win . . . and not to say there is any Emily Post etiquette per se when it comes to what you say, but most folks phrase in terms of its the goal or something . . . he used language indicating that it was going to happen . .  . maybe he wants to fire up his team or give it an edge or challenge his team to light a fire under them, not sure where he was going . . .

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about being a problem. It's about bulletin board material. Silly or not- football is an emotional game and coaches like BB, Rex Ryan and probably a whole slew will take any ammunition they can get to fire up a team.

There was a quote from a Miami player after they beat us early in the year that said they could have put 50 on us. BB used that for the week prior to yesterdays game.

People say well they get paid to play they don't need to be fired up. But as humans they do. When Brady ran for 17 yards and ran right into the defender instead of sliding it fired up the team. And he did it because he was po'd at the performance in the first half.

That's why BB won't ever let his players talk trash no matter how harmless. Welker did on the Jets and was benched for it.

No, not really JJ. Welker just took a foot fetish gimmick & ran with it. I still think what Wes did was comic gold "Putting his best foot forward." He never actually slammed the Jets organization directly. He merely shed light on something Rex Ryan's wife did on the side for extra income. 

I would have never suspended Wes Welker for that because it was a brilliant rant that had nothing to do with schemes, formations, or game execution. 

I get your point with BB's zero tolerance for going off script, but again when something makes me laugh this hard, I can't hold out 1 of my then best WR's for a whole half. No way.

Not to be a little nick picky, but he actually predicted that would win the Super Bowl, well at least as it was conveyed by Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post . . . http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_27137478/kiszla-terrance-knight-guarantees-super-bowl-victory-2015

"It doesn't matter what happens. At the end of the year, we're hoisting that trophy,"

"I don't care if New England doesn't lose again. I don't care where we have to play. I don't care who our opponent is. We're not going to be satisfied until we hoist that trophy. So if we've got to go to New England (in the playoffs) and win somewhere we're not used to winning, we're going to make it happen."

Are you really confident the Broncos are going to win the championship, Mr. Knighton?

"Write that," said Knighton, stamping his prediction with all the weight of his 330-pound frame. "And put a big period after that one."

Is it OK to add an explanation point?

"Exclamation point!" Knighton insisted.

So as it was reported by Mike Kiszla of the Denver Post, Knighton was stating that the Broncos will win the SB . . . surely it is everyone's goal and most would be disappointed if they did not win . . . and not to say there is any Emily Post etiquette per se when it comes to what you say, but most folks phrase in terms of its the goal or something . . . he used language indicating that it was going to happen . .  . maybe he wants to fire up his team or give it an edge or challenge his team to light a fire under them, not sure where he was going . . .

I agree 100% Yehoodi Mr. Knighton basically said the Broncos were going to win the SB & it was a stupid thing to say at this juncture. " At the end of the year, we're hoisting that trophy."

You never say stuff like that before the post season has even started. Confidence is 1 thing, but that was pure arrogance. You never say something like that in front of the media in a locker room ever. 

I was proud of how Manning won that game with flu like symptoms though. 

Broncos have to get there first, they haven't exactly looked impressive as of late. 

I get what you're driving at GC8818 & it does concern me a little. I'm hoping it's just working on the ground game & a sick day at the office. Time will tell I guess. 

Peyton did play well against Chargers DC John Pagano who always presents Manning with a challenge. Your concern is worth noting, but I think 18 will be okay down the stretch. 

Broncos have to get there first, they haven't exactly looked impressive as of late. 

Well that bridge goes two ways because I don't think the Colts have looked too impressive the last two games either.  I think both teams will come alive in the playoffs. Hoping so anyway.

I personally could be more impressed with the way the Pats have been playing if I didn't have to read about Tom Terrific and BB in every other thread on a Colts Forum. Their good but on any given day they can be beat. The last 2 super bowls they went to they lost and last years division game with the Broncos they lost so anything can happen in the playoffs. :)

Indy could win if they don't turn the ball over but that has been an ongoing thing in the last few games. I for one don't see them pulling this one out if they get behind. Make me wrong Colts. :)

If the Colts do win the offense is gonna have to carry the load AND not turn the ball over.  Defense has bailed out the offense the last couple weeks because we've been playing teams who are offensively inept.  

That's not true of Dallas.  They have a RB and they have a QB.  Can't expect that the Dallas offense is only gonna put one score on the board like our last 2 opponent's offense.

No, not really JJ. Welker just took a foot fetish gimmick & ran with it. I still think what Wes did was comic gold "Putting his best foot forward." He never actually slammed the Jets organization directly. He merely shed light on something Rex Ryan's wife did on the side for extra income. 

I would have never suspended Wes Welker for that because it was a brilliant rant that had nothing to do with schemes, formations, or game execution. 

I get your point with BB's zero tolerance for going off script, but again when something makes me laugh this hard, I can't hold out 1 of my then best WR's for a whole half. No way.

Welker was held out for one series not the whole half.

Well that bridge goes two ways because I don't think the Colts have looked too impressive the last two games either.  I think both teams will come alive in the playoffs. Hoping so anyway.

I personally could be more impressed with the way the Pats have been playing if I didn't have to read about Tom Terrific and BB in every other thread on a Colts Forum. Their good but on any given day they can be beat. The last 2 super bowls they went to they lost and last years division game with the Broncos they lost so anything can happen in the playoffs. :)

Every other thread?

We must be slacking off here.  ;)

Dallas can run on the Colts if Murray is OK

Would you play an all-pro caliber RB with a broken left hand in a must game.

That's a tough call.

But without Murray...Indy wins

I am not so sure. Their OL is a big part of their running game and if it gives them the lanes in the running game, most RBs can still do damage and like the Pitt game, Romo might have all day to throw.

“Stupid is as stupid does.” – Forrest Gump

The Patriots linger on teams and ruin some teams that thought they were good. The Patriots have dealt with this type on thing for years. Every player circles the Patriots game on their schedule the first day of training camp. It's just bad business for any player on any team to do this type of thing. His teammates must be very happy.

Edited by Nadine
excessive formatting

“Stupid is as stupid does.” – Forrest Gump

The Patriots linger on teams and ruin some teams that thought they were good. The Patriots have dealt with this type on thing for years. Every player circles the Patriots game on their schedule the first day of training camp. It's just bad business for any player on any team to do this type of thing. His teammates must be very happy.

I doubt many teams do that, especially NFC teams.  The only teams I think that circle the Pats on their calender are the AFC East rival teams and Broncos, Colts, Ravens.  I highly doubt the Lions or Bears circled the Pats on their calender.  The Packers were more concerned about the Lions, Seahawks and Eagles than the Pats.

But I'd hate to be a rookie QB in the AFC East for the Bills, Jets or Phins because you got to play Belichick twice a season and he knows how to find your weaknesses and exploits it for other teams to capitalize on.  He can literally ruin a QB's career.  There hasn't been one successful QB in the AFC east other than Brady since 2000 (15 years).

I doubt many teams do that, especially NFC teams.  The only teams I think that circle the Pats on their calender are the AFC East rival teams and Broncos, Colts, Ravens.  I highly doubt the Lions or Bears circled the Pats on their calender.  The Packers were more concerned about the Lions, Seahawks and Eagles than the Pats.

But I'd hate to be a rookie QB in the AFC East for the Bills, Jets or Phins because you got to play Belichick twice a season and he knows how to find your weaknesses and exploits it for other teams to capitalize on.  He can literally ruin a QB's career.  There hasn't been one successful QB in the AFC east other than Brady since 2000 (15 years).

The NFC circles Patriots games as well.

I disagree. I think most teams use the Pats as a measuring stick precisely because they win so much and are so tough to beat.

The NFC circles Patriots games as well.

How do you know this?

I'm a Pats fan and I think some if not many Pats fans need to get over themselves.  The sense of self worth and self importance with some of them is too much.

I bet you the Packers are more concerned about the Lions, Seahawks, Eagles and Cowboys than they are the Patriots.  Got to win your division first and conference second before you have a chance to reach the SB to play any AFC team.

TALK IS CHEAP...

Brady to Knighton: "Well done is better than well said."

It's a day later, and Terrence Knighton is backing off his guarantee that the Broncos will beat the Patriots. Meanwhile, Tom Brady says the Pats will "do our talking on the field".

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/brady-knighton-well-done-better-well-said-0

TALK IS CHEAP...

Brady to Knighton: "Well done is better than well said."

It's a day later, and Terrence Knighton is backing off his guarantee that the Broncos will beat the Patriots. Meanwhile, Tom Brady says the Pats will "do our talking on the field".

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/brady-knighton-well-done-better-well-said-0

Like they always do .... ;)

This thread is reaching for apples ... Pot Roast was asked a question and he simply said he guarantee that they'll win it all . Since NE is going to be the 1st seed it's likely the two will face again but what do you want the guy to say ? You want him to say that they will lose ? I took the comments as if he were saying that they aren't afraid of anyone and they are capable of beating any team that's in their way to Glendale . I like the confidence and attitude that Pot Roast brings to the Broncos , they need some toughness and nastiness . Anquan Boldin made similar comments 2 years ago before the Ravens came to town to play the Broncos . He stated that He's glad they're playing Denver they wanted to,play them ... And they beat them .

Anywho , As long as Denver keeps playing great D and keep that offense balanced I like their chances Anywhere . Being the 1 seed doesn't guarantee anything or a trip to the Super Bowl .

I think what Tap and AM are getting at is that we constantly hear (in pre-game previews) comments from the opposing team that use phrases like "measuring stick." 

It's not an NFC team but here's one from the Bengals game:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/10/02/bengals-face-measuring-stick-game-against-brady-patriots/

It's happened the other way around, too. I remember in seasons, years when the Patriots have played easier schedules, that games against top competitors such as the Colts were viewed that way. "Well New England has rolled through the past few weeks, but Indy will be a real measuring stick for them to see where this team is at."

It's not uncommon at all with any good team in the league. 

This thread is reaching for apples ... Pot Roast was asked a question and he simply said he guarantee that they'll win it all . Since NE is going to be the 1st seed it's likely the two will face again but what do you want the guy to say ? You want him to say that they will lose ? I took the comments as if he were saying that they aren't afraid of anyone and they are capable of beating any team that's in their way to Glendale . I like the confidence and attitude that Pot Roast brings to the Broncos , they need some toughness and nastiness . Anquan Boldin made similar comments 2 years ago before the Ravens came to town to play the Broncos . He stated that He's glad they're playing Denver they wanted to,play them ... And they beat them .

Anywho , As long as Denver keeps playing great D and keep that offense balanced I like their chances Anywhere . Being the 1 seed doesn't guarantee anything or a trip to the Super Bowl .

Denver's next game maybe the toughest of their season at Cincy on a Monday night. Could be frigid out with wind and/or snow. Denver does not have a bye wrapped up yet as Cincy could steal the 2 seed from them still. I would think Mr. Roast would be more concerned with that game then a potential a show down with the Pats at the end of Jan... but that's just me.

I honestly don't see the Colts beating the Broncos this season if the Broncos are #1 or #2 seed.  Now, if the Colts get the #2 seed I could see that being a game.

The Colts can definitely beat the Broncos, be it in Denver or Indianapolis.  As someone once put it, Denver is ripe for the picking.

Denver's next game maybe the toughest of their season at Cincy on a Monday night. Could be frigid out with wind and/or snow. Denver does not have a bye wrapped up yet as Cincy could steal the 2 seed from them still. I would think Mr. Roast would be more concerned with that game then a potential a show down with the Pats at the end of Jan... but that's just me.

It doesn't matter if they lose they lose if they win they win simple as that . Like I said before being the top seeds doesn't guarantee anything I've seen this story line so many times and before last season it was the 4th seeds and wild card teams winning the Super Bowl . This whole thing isn't a personal shot at NE I its just that most people are making that way and Pot Roast only mentions Foxboro & NEbecause the pundits and talking heads thinks no one can go into NE and beat them so if you have to be the best you have to beat the best . He was simply stating Denver isn't scared of any team , as he should .

The 2014 Broncos are not as good as the 2013 Broncos team.  The 2013 Broncos team was the #1 offense in the history of the NFL with a pretty good D.

Any Bronco fan who tells you the Broncos are better now as of Dec 16th 2014 compared to Dec 16th 2013 is kidding themselves with this whole: "We now got a balanced running game."  The Broncos don't have a balanced run game out of comfort and balance, it's out of desperation because their passing game has diminished with something wrong with Peyton physically or mentally and his WR's and TE's banged up.  This Broncos' offense is on it's last legs for the 2014 season it seems.

And they beat a banged up Chargers team that wasn't that good.  And that game was close most of the game kicking field goals 22-10.

It doesn't matter if they lose they lose if they win they win simple as that . Like I said before being the top seeds doesn't guarantee anything I've seen this story line so many times and before last season it was the 4th seeds and wild card teams winning the Super Bowl . It isn't about NE most people are making that way and Pot Roast only mention Foxboro because the pundits and talking heads thinks no one can go into NE and beat them so if you have to be the best you have to beat the best . He was simply stating Denver isn't scared of any team , as he should .

Yeah, his comments were not over the top by any means but he has to know that when you say something like he did and single out the Pats by name then it is going to make headlines. You don't want to distract from the situation at hand which is a tough road game on Monday night against a division leader ...

forecast is mid 30s far from fridgid

Yeah, his comments were not over the top by any means but he has to know that when you say something like he did and single out the Pats by name then it is going to make headlines. You don't want to distract from the situation at hand which is a tough road game on Monday night against a division leader ...

I don't think he's just trying to single out the Pats I think he only mentions them because the media doesn't think anyone can go into Foxboro and beat them . Just like last year with Denver and the year before the media said no one was going to come into Denver and knock them off but they did . The Ravens ended our season.

32 degrees is freezing. But hey, 35 degrees or 30 degrees on grass, that's not good for Peyton and his offense on the road.

thanks for the science lesson. In the Midwest 35 isn't cold. You keep taking about them being effected playing on grass. Their home field is grass. And last i checked, dalton isn't very good in must win games

The 2014 Broncos are not as good as the 2013 Broncos team.  The 2013 Broncos team was the #1 offense in the history of the NFL with a pretty good D.

Any Bronco fan who tells you the Broncos are better now as of Dec 16th 2014 compared to Dec 16th 2013 is kidding themselves with this whole: "We now got a balanced running game."  The Broncos don't have a balanced run game out of comfort and balance, it's out of desperation because their passing game has diminished with something wrong with Peyton physically or mentally and his WR's and TE's banged up.  This Broncos' offense is on it's last legs for the 2014 season it seems.

And they beat a banged up Chargers team that wasn't that good.  And that game was close most of the game kicking field goals 22-10.

LOL! You obviously don't know what the heck you're talking about ... Denver's D last year was not good at all and the only way they were able to win was because of the offense . Denver's D was ranked in the 20's last year and the pass D wasn't that good . This year's team is by far better than last year's team .. Heck I even think the 2012 squad was better than last year's team. I don't get caught up in the flashy offensive numbers because that means NOTHING to me . Defense wins championships period and it was proven last season in the Super Bowl . I'd rather Denver be more of a complete team than one sided and Manning can't do it alone he needs help the guy is 38 and time isn't on his side . I like the way Denver has been winning as of late because they are showing they don't have to depend on Manning . Just like the Colts of 06 the running and D helped Manning and somewhat carried him . This is what Denver is trying to do for manning just like they did for Elway.

How do you know this?

I'm a Pats fan and I think some if not many Pats fans need to get over themselves.  The sense of self worth and self importance with some of them is too much.

I bet you the Packers are more concerned about the Lions, Seahawks, Eagles and Cowboys than they are the Patriots.  Got to win your division first and conference second before you have a chance to reach the SB to play any AFC team.

I'm smart and use common sense. You're confusing two different things.

LOL! You obviously don't know what the heck you're talking about ... Denver's D last year was not good at all and the only way they were able to win was because of the offense . Denver's D was ranked in the 20's last year and the pass D wasn't that good . This year's team is by far better than last year's team .. Heck I even think the 2012 squad was better than last year's team. I don't get caught up in the flashy offensive numbers because that means NOTHING to me . Defense wins championships period and it was proven last season in the Super Bowl . I'd rather Denver be more of a complete team than one sided and Manning can't do it alone he needs help the guy is 38 and time isn't on his side . I like the way Denver has been winning as of late because they are showing they don't have to depend on Manning . Just like the Colts of 06 the running and D helped Manning and somewhat carried him . This is what Denver is trying to do for manning just like they did for Elway.

For Denver to win, they will need Manning to look like Manning in the post-season.

For Denver to win, they will need Manning to look like Manning in the post-season.

Yes Manning needs to play well in the postseason every qb needs to . He doesn't have to throw for 350 and 4tds to win games either that's my point I'm trying to make. Manning numbers over the past 3 games aren't "Manning like " but the Broncos are still winning and that's what important .

Yes Manning needs to play well in the postseason every qb needs to . He doesn't have to throw for 350 and 4tds to win games either that's my point I'm trying to make. Manning numbers over the past 3 games aren't "Manning like " but the Broncos are still winning and that's what important .

If Denver faces the Pats at Foxboro, he will need a 4 TD game ...