Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts can clinch division with a win and Texans loss this week.

SilentHill

The Texans have enough defensive firepower to beat the Jaguars, unlike the Giants who let them move up and down the field when it mattered.

I still think the division comes down to the Colts home game vs the Texans. Besides, you play for the highest seed possible. When the Colts won the SB, we were a #3 seed hosting the #4 seed Patriots in the AFCCG due to a series of upsets in the divisional round. So, having the tie-breaker over the Bengals who have one less loss than us, we have to try to get the #3 seed as much as possible even if we cannot get a bye assuming the Bengals lose one later in the season.

The Texans have enough defensive firepower to beat the Jaguars, unlike the Giants who let them move up and down the field when it mattered.

I still think the division comes down to the Colts home game vs the Texans. Besides, you play for the highest seed possible. When the Colts won the SB, we were a #3 seed hosting the #4 seed Patriots in the AFCCG due to a series of upsets in the divisional round. So, having the tie-breaker over the Bengals who have one less loss than us, we have to try to get the #3 seed as much as possible even if we cannot get a bye assuming the Bengals lose one later in the season.

Ehhh.. the Colts can lose that game to Texas and still would be big favorites to win the division. Big thing is  the 3rd tie breaker which is record in common games. The Colts have a two game edge here. So here's how I at least think it goes. If the Colts beat Tenn and EITHER Cleveland or Dallas that gives them 10-6 record and clinches the division. So even if Houston wins out ( beats the Colts and Balt ) and finishes 10-6 also.. they tie in record vs each other (1-1) and tie in division record (both 5-1). So now goes to common games and by beating just Cleve or Dallas , the Colts would finish a game up here. 

Ehhh.. the Colts can lose that game to Texas and still would be big favorites to win the division. Big thing is  the 3rd tie breaker which is record in common games. The Colts have a two game edge here. So here's how I at least think it goes. If the Colts beat Tenn and EITHER Cleveland or Dallas that gives them 10-6 record and clinches the division. So even if Houston wins out ( beats the Colts and Balt ) and finishes 10-6 also.. they tie in record vs each other (1-1) and tie in division record (both 5-1). So now goes to common games and by beating just Cleve or Dallas , the Colts would finish a game up here. 

You are spot on.  Houston losing to the Bengals and Giants helps us immensely.

You are spot on.  Houston losing to the Bengals and Giants helps us immensely.

Huge odds against them overtaking us.

1) They have to beat us at home.

2) They have to beat Baltimore

3) Colts need to lose to Cleveland AND Dallas.

Plus I'm conceding them beating Jacksonville at home and on the road which I think is tougher than us just beating Tenn on the road.