Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Rice has won his appeal

snkdy

Ray Rice is guilty and everyone knows it. But, so are the stupid females in America who put up with all this crap for extra dollar bills from a man. Yes I can be fair......I call out women as well as men despite my core views at times. Both sexes can be ridiculous.

People are greedy and/or have no self respect. Not enough marry for love......and that has repercussions when you're grouped with the mental equivalent of a tiger for a chunk of change. A tiger doesn't love back...it just wants to breed and tear stuff apart.

Applies to both men and women.......but obviously men in general have a lot more ways they can more readily let that brutish side out. Unless you have some roided up amazon or something...some scary lookin' "women" out there.

As I recall she didn't leave him after the incident. She's either hopelessly in love or has no self respect and really wants 'dat moolah. I'm guessing the latter, but who knows.

Maybe she's in love to the point she's willing to try and be a lion tamer even though you can't change a person's nature.   Maybe she's putting him above herself and doesn't care about the money....which is about as likely as it raining Sunny Delight tomorrow.

Posted · Hidden by -JJ-, November 30, 2014 - politics
Hidden by -JJ-, November 30, 2014 - politics

How is this for realistic?  "The buck stops here" doesn't seem to apply to much of anything anymore. Too many people in high positions are corrupt with little to no integrity, and people are fools or have a hand in the bread basket/equally corrupt or greedy who put them there. It's very relevant, and applies to much more than presidential politics. I was simply using it as an example in drawing a line to how many people are mindless sheep who will nod and agree with whatever drivel they're fed with a spoon by a faux smile scheister. What better shining example than our presidents?

Just because something or someone is old doesn't make them irrelevant.  The fact that you weren't born yet doesn't mean it never happened. That's unrealistic or just flat out ignorance. History class is important. If people are ignorant to it they should have studied more.

This Colts football thread is not the place to vent your political spew. You have a lot of nerve even bringing the word ignorance into this. Politics and religion are not discussed in these threads. This is a place to discuss the Colts and the NFL, not your personal agendas.

Some of the comments are truly amazing.

First, Goodell gets criticized for suspending Rice two games,....then succumbs to pc peer pressure and suspends him six......

Then the union fights for Rice..THE UNION

Then Goodell gets criticized when Rice wins his appeal.

I think what is obvious is simply the bitterness many people have towards rich owners/company management and will twist anything to validate it.

Most seem to completely over look that Goodell is a very well paid yes man for the owners. He is hired and fired by the owners. His is the front man to take all the heat that the owners don't want to deal with themselves. If it wasn't Goodell it would be some other paid face.

This Colts football thread is not the place to vent your political spew. You have a lot of nerve even bringing the word ignorance into this. Politics and religion are not discussed in these threads. This is a place to discuss the Colts and the NFL, not your personal agendas.

It's the NFL General, not colts football.

I didn't go in to in depth politics. I didn't discuss religion at all. I said the NFL is corrupt like a lot of our politicians. The extent of which remains to be seen. If you think I have some political agenda, tell me who I'm saying we should all get out and vote for. (You can't, because I don't.)

And you're right. Thinking something never happened because you weren't born isn't ignorant, it's flat out stupid. Not knowing about our presidents, not just Truman, is just being ignorant about American history. Truman was president during a critical point in all of history, not just ours so that's a bit sad.

Not knowing about the presidents is a reasonable excuse for the poorly educated. (Not those who ignored their education, that's  their own fault.) Plus the young and those from other countries naturally.

It's the NFL General, not colts football.

I didn't go in to in depth politics. I didn't discuss religion at all. I said the NFL is corrupt like a lot of our politicians. The extent of which remains to be seen. If you think I have some political agenda, tell me who I'm saying we should all get out and vote for. (You can't, because I don't.)

And you're right. Thinking something never happened because you weren't born isn't ignorant, it's flat out stupid. Not knowing about our presidents, not just Truman, is just being ignorant about American history. Truman was president during a critical point in all of history, not just ours so that's a bit sad.

Not knowing about the presidents is a reasonable excuse for the poorly educated. (Not those who ignored their education, that's  their own fault.) Plus the young and those from other countries naturally.

You didn't go into depth? You are unreal. If you are going to talk politics go to the correct thread, not an NFL thread. Exactly who are you to call anyone ignorant, stupid or uneducated? No one wants to read your rants.

You didn't go into depth? You are unreal. If you are going to talk politics go to the correct thread, not an NFL thread. Exactly who are you to call anyone ignorant, stupid or uneducated? No one wants to read your rants.

"If more people weren't so damn gullible/stupid then this nonsense wouldn't fly. But, like with everything else in the world, it does because a good chunk of the masses are *s. Exhibit A: The presidency of the US for the last 20 some years. Some pretty low standards. *s (Bush Jr.) Purjurers  (Clinton) and a guy doing his best to turn America in to the ultimate welfare state (Obama) and "we've" elected all of them. Twice. How we went from real men with accountability like Truman to these empty suit jokers is lost on me, but, that's where we are."

That's the "in depth discussion on politics." If you think that's depth, stay away from Dr. Seuss books. Don't ever read The Cat in the Hat - the way he rants on swaying young children to his deviant activities is disturbing indeed.

Ignorant or the just uneducated in this thread are Americans who don't know about American history. Stupid are ones who purposefully squandered their studies, believe the time something happened determines if it happened or not, and/or believe everything a liar tells them. Plus a host of other things.

If more people weren't so damn gullible/stupid then this nonsense wouldn't fly. But, like with everything else in the world, it does because a good chunk of the masses are *s. Exhibit A: The presidency of the US for the last 20 some years. Some pretty low standards. *s (Bush Jr.) Purjurers  (Clinton) and a guy doing his best to turn America in to the ultimate welfare state (Obama) and "we've" elected all of them. Twice. How we went from real men with accountability like Truman to these empty suit jokers is lost on me, but, that's where we are.

That's the "in depth discussion on politics." If you think that's depth, stay away from Dr. Seuss books. Don't ever read The Cat in the Hat - the way he rants on swaying young children to his deviant activities is disturbing indeed.

Ignorant or the just uneducated in this thread are Americans who don't know about American history. Stupid are ones who purposefully squandered their studies, believe the time something happened determines if it happened or not, and believe everything a liar tells them. Plus a host of other things.

Your rants are tiresome.

I've got nothing.

It's ok, I'll take your library card so you don't borrow a children's book by accident. There are some free coloring pages you can take home, but they were first printed before you were born so you might not see them.

It's ok, I'll take your library card so you don't borrow a children's book by accident. There are some free coloring pages you can take home, but they were first printed before you were born so you might not see them.

Not only are your rants tiresome, so are you. If you are through writing your thesis on the American presidents would it be possible to stick to football related subjects?

Not only are your rants tiresome, so are you. If you are through writing your thesis on the American presidents would it be possible to stick to football related subjects?

If you can stay within the lines and return them, we'll post them on the wall and you can have your card back.

(The picture is a football.)

If you can stay within the lines and return them, we'll post them on the wall and you can have your card back.

(The picture is a football.)

You are a waist of time. I really cant express my words for you but use your vivid imagination. I will not dwell on your obvious inability not to argue. So in turn off to the short list of ignore for you. Your not worth the time it takes to put anymore thought into.

Wah

My waist is not the size of time. Don't worry, I'm confident you're going to get that card back. Stop being so upset.

I'm not arguing with you. I realized you weren't worth talking to a while ago so I'm treating you at an appropriate level. Anything more than two sentences is obviously a long winded rant. Look, I'm already ranting! I'll make myself warm and cozy on your ignore list that you need to take the "high road" and tell everyone about because you're special. You know, instead of just doing it.

Make sure not to give up and you'll finish that coloring book some day.

Now for an in depth political comment: Remember folks, No Child Left Behind is important. /rant

I don't. It's nonsense. A person's decision not to end their relationship with someone is personal, not something that should be judged by other people. 

Whose judging a relationship? I'm talking about Roger Goodell's holier than thou judge, jury, & executioner disciplinary persona. Yes, I am aware that he is acting within the rights awarded to him through the CBA.

And, I'm getting sick & tired of the media & society always pretending that women are always the victim or that they never initiate anything. Did Ray Rice's wife deserve to get punched in the face? Of course not, but let's automatically assume that all women are just innocent by-standards here either.

What's nonsense exactly? You don't think a woman can go bat bleep crazy? Trust me they can & sometimes do. I was merely acknowledging that as Jules stated both genders can act irresponsibly at times & Jules is 100% correct.  

I'll be surprised if Ray Rice ever plays in the NFL again. I don't know of any team that would want him after all of the controversy. Should he be given a second chance? That's not for me to say. He needs to straighten out his personal life first.

I could see him playing for the Bengals or Raiders next year. Personally, I think Ray Rice's age is more a liability or hinderance more than any off the field issues. 

Time will tell I guess Teganslaw. When the NFL decides your career is over like WR Plaxico Burress after his NY nightclub gun incident. Yeah I know, he played for Jets, but isn't that almost retirement when you play for a horrible franchise that is allergic to winning? LOL!  

I could see him playing for the Bengals or Raiders next year. Personally, I think Ray Rice's age is more a liability or hinderance more than any off the field issues.

Time will tell I guess Teganslaw. When the NFL decides your career is over like WR Plaxico Burress after his NY nightclub gun incident. Yeah I know, he played for Jets, but isn't that almost retirement when you play for a horrible franchise that is allergic to winning? LOL!

Didn't Burress play for the Steelers for a season or two after the Jets? I guess there is some hope for Rice...

What is it about bat bleep that makes it crazier than other kinds of bleep?

I guess the politically correct way to say "bat bleep" is high maintenance gold digger quick to throw a temper tantrum when she is denied something she feels she deserves. 

Or put simply, just a person who gets frustrated very easily & they have a difficult time calming down with damaging property or hurting someone. I'm come across a few of them in my life. Not a pleasant experience. 

I guess the politically correct way to say "bat bleep" is high maintenance gold digger quick to throw a temper tantrum when she is denied something she feels she deserves. 

Or put simply, just a person who gets frustrated very easily & they have a difficult time calming down with damaging property or hurting someone. I'm come across a few of them in my life. Not a pleasant experience.

No really, I want to know why bat bleep is crazier than horse, cow, dog or pig bleep.

Didn't Burress play for the Steelers for a season or two after the Jets? I guess there is some hope for Rice...

Yeah, you're right Plaxico did go to Pittsburgh after the Jets NFLfan. I'm just grateful that both Mr. & Mrs. Rice are receiving professional counseling. There's no shame in that & I applaud both of them for getting the help they need. 

As long as Ray learns to channel his anger in the right way now & not hurt his wife, I am confident he can turn his life around for the better. You just don't wanna have a child grow up in a violent household & if the entire family feels safe & loved that's really all that matters in the end. Enough said.

No really, I want to know why bat bleep is crazier than horse, cow, dog or pig bleep.

Okay, I get where you're coming from OP. Well, if cows can be moo crazy & horses can be nay crazy, I guess sheep can be BAAAAAAAD crazy as in baah...What would dog crazy be? Cujo crazy? LOL! 

It's the best I can come up with on short notice. Good question though. 

I can't do pig crazy because it always reminds me of that scene in the 1972 movie "Deliverance" starring Ned Beatty which freaks me out to this day. Just that scene not the entire film. 

Too much information there? Sorry about that.  haha

Bat bleep crazy is the worst because bats are associated with darkness, fangs, rabies, & flight at night; the ultimate sign of diabolical evil & possession that cannot be tamed or controlled just exorcisized. I really shouldn't have watched that horror movie "Deliver Us From Evil" last night, but I digress...

Most seem to completely over look that Goodell is a very well paid yes man for the owners. He is hired and fired by the owners. His is the front man to take all the heat that the owners don't want to deal with themselves. If it wasn't Goodell it would be some other paid face.

I agree with your statement.  That is a fact.  What I don't understand is .....

People are criticizing the owners because Rice won the appeal pertaining to the punishment the owners handed down. 

I would think the criticism would be directed towards....... 1. Rice (the beater), for appealing; 2. The NFLPA (Union) for supporting the beater; 3. The judge for not succumbing to pc peer pressure and punishing the beater because he is a beater, and instead actually ruling based upon the facts and the rules within the bargained contract.

I agree with your statement.  That is a fact.  What I don't understand is .....

People are criticizing the owners because Rice won the appeal pertaining to the punishment the owners handed down. 

I would think the criticism would be directed towards....... 1. Rice (the beater), for appealing; 2. The NFLPA (Union) for supporting the beater; 3. The judge for not succumbing to pc peer pressure and punishing the beater because he is a beater, and instead actually ruling based upon the facts and the rules within the bargained contract.

I am not in full understanding of how the CBA is interpreted by both sides. I suppose it's just like any contract between union workers and management. Too many loopholes that can be interpreted on a point of view depending on what you want it to say. I think where the problem lies is does the NFL and owners have the authority to over ride the legal court system? I know the CBA does have a clause that falls under what they term actions detrimental to the NFL. That is a wide subject with no cut and dried answers. We all know that money is what both sides are more worried about than what the problem is all about in the first place. I guess that matter could be debated endlessly.

Whose judging a relationship? I'm talking about Roger Goodell's holier than thou judge, jury, & executioner disciplinary persona. Yes, I am aware that he is acting within the rights awarded to him through the CBA.

And, I'm getting sick & tired of the media & society always pretending that women are always the victim or that they never initiate anything. Did Ray Rice's wife deserve to get punched in the face? Of course not, but let's automatically assume that all women are just innocent by-standards here either.

What's nonsense exactly? You don't think a woman can go bat bleep crazy? Trust me they can & sometimes do. I was merely acknowledging that as Jules stated both genders can act irresponsibly at times & Jules is 100% correct.

you missed Jules point entirely. She is calling out Rays wife for not leaving him after he hit her. She is saying she stayed for his money. Which of coarse is compete speculation

Spygate - Uh, there's nothing on these videos. However we won't show all of that "nothing" to you!

They did show some of the videos on TV.. there was no reason to show anymore because Roger Goodell and the competition committee all saw it and the footage they showed on TV was consistent with what the rest of the footage was.

You think they're going to air like 600 hours of game footage on TV just to appease disgruntled fans who were begging for an excuse as to why their team didn't win the SB?

We'll just hand out an arbitrary punishment

It wasn't that arbitrary, Goodell sent a memo out at the beginning of the season (to all 32 teams, funny huh? ) and Belichick ignored/misinterpreted/whatever so Goodell made an example out of him as the new sheriff in town

Goodell also worked in the New York Jets front office before becoming commisioner, so I guarantee there was some extra dagger twisting from that fact alone

I'm sure teams that did this did it just for kicks and loved wasting time/resources for nothing. Nothing shady about that at all.

It's called bring meticulous and gathering every single ounce of information. I keep every single meeting summary and document I come across at work, even though I won't ever use or even look at 95% of it ever again

Do you realize that teams STILL do this?

Within an hour after every game, the team is given a DVD of their next opponent broken down play by play, down and distance..

There are still a million cameras in a stadium that can all capture defensive signals that are 100 percent within the rules, so long as the footage isn't used during a live game.

It's the reason Coordinators cover their mouth, it's the reason defenses have 3 guys on the sideline making hand signals.

Why do you think they bother to waste time and resources doing that? For fun? Or maybe because stealing signals has been a part of football since it's inception, and continues to be a part of football after "Spygate"

The other thing that's so amusing is, if the Patriots were trying to be so sneaky and evil, why did they have a guy wearing Patriots gear standing in clear sight on the sideline with an analogue camera?

You realize you can't break down 2+ hours worth of analogue film, study it for tendencies, log that data and deliver it down to the sidelines with an Easy Button book on what the defense is running, right?

The other great part about all that was, while the media is having a field day with that story as they often do, the Patriots offense performs at an historic level, breaking all kinds of records while nearly going undefeated while people are still screaming "they only won because they cheated!!!"

Do you see the irony? That while on one hand you have people crucifying them as cheaters and on the other hand have people villifying them for "running up the score" on all the helpless nfl teams they faced?

I get that people need to hold onto that as a crutch to get over all the disappointing losses they suffered to the Patriots, but it's precisely that. .. a crutch to avoid having to think about the logical facts and acknowledge that the Patriots were just a real good football team.

I get it.

Ps I pat myself on the back for writing that entire post from my cell phone haha