Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck is such a nerd but you gotta love him!

Trace Pyott

The other game I noticed luck getting hit and the congratulating the other teams players who hit him haha. I saw him do it 3 or 4 times just Sunday. I have never seen a guy act that way to an opponent. I dunno it's just funny to me. Another thing speaking of luck getting hit... How many opponents has he kinda hurt when they try and tackle him when he is running. I swear I have seen 2 or 3 guys hit luck while he is running and then I'm like oh no!!! Then luck pops right up and be other guy is laid out hahaha. Dude is a nerd but a freaking beast. Would I change anything about him? Heck no.

Be thankful you have a rare exceptionally intelligent kid who has an appreciation for multiple cultures and has the opportunity to gain a fan following in Europe (assuming they like throwball enough) based off his great attitude alone that is much more likable than most athletes in this country, regardless of who gets the classy term labeled on them and who don't.

Be thankful you have a rare exceptionally intelligent kid who has an appreciation for multiple cultures and has the opportunity to gain a fan following in Europe (assuming they like throwball enough) based off his great attitude alone that is much more likable than most athletes in this country, regardless of who gets the classy term labeled on them and who don't.

In Hungary Football is having almost as big appreciation as soccer (if not bigger). Due to high demands, over 80 NFL games are televised here this season live.

Plus Football games in Hungary (HFL) are having as many visitors as soccer games (no of visitors of soccer games are dramatically falling, whilst no of visitors on football games is steadily increasing).

The other game I noticed luck getting hit and the congratulating the other teams players who hit him haha

To quote former 49ers/Eagles/Dallas WR Terrell Owens "That's My QB" moment fist came when I saw Ravens LB T-sizzle tackle Luck, Chewy replies "nice hit," & Mr. Double Nickle #55 taps him on his helmet & smiles. 

Once I saw that, I said to myself a legend has just been born. Make your teammates respect you & your enemies love your competitive spirit & you have already won. Nice! 

Cool article highlighting your own countrymen's love for football as opposed to futbol [meaning soccer] HCF. 

"... In a ten-fifteen-second game run so many things happen that I cannot even watch soccer any more because I think it’s so boring.” Sweet!  :D

I ran out of likes brother. I will give you one tomorrow I promise. 

Yeah, Luck's familiarity with Europe sets his apart no doubt Bogie, but I still say that both Andrew & Bjoern Werner tell dirty jokes to each other in German on the team playing flying to away games.  haha

It makes me like Andrew even more actually. Maybe Andrew is tight with lead singer Klaus Meine & he can convince him to perform a live Scorpions concert inside Lucas Oil Stadium after he wins his 1st SB. Sounds great to me anyway since they both grew up in Berlin. 

The other game I noticed luck getting hit and the congratulating the other teams players who hit him haha. I saw him do it 3 or 4 times just Sunday. I have never seen a guy act that way to an opponent. I dunno it's just funny to me. Another thing speaking of luck getting hit... How many opponents has he kinda hurt when they try and tackle him when he is running. I swear I have seen 2 or 3 guys hit luck while he is running and then I'm like oh no!!! Then luck pops right up and be other guy is laid out hahaha. Dude is a nerd but a freaking beast. Would I change anything about him? Heck no.

Didn't they talk about this last week during the game.  Apparently one defensive player said that Luck frustrates him because after he hits him Luck will tell him "oh nice hit" or something like that. 

I can see how that might be the case.  If you are out there trying to hit the QB, part of what you are trying to do is to intimidate him and make him feel uncomfortable. . . And if you are hitting the guy and he's still not getting intimidated or feeling uncomfortable then you've got to be frustrated because you feel like there is nothing you can do to throw him off his game.

Didn't they talk about this last week during the game.  Apparently one defensive player said that Luck frustrates him because after he hits him Luck will tell him "oh nice hit" or something like that. 

I can see how that might be the case.  If you are out there trying to hit the QB, part of what you are trying to do is to intimidate him and make him feel uncomfortable. . . And if you are hitting the guy and he's still not getting intimidated or feeling uncomfortable then you've got to be frustrated because you feel like there is nothing you can do to throw him off his game.

Killing them with kindness.

I'm glad to have a guy who considers himself a football player and not just a QB. It's like the team brought in a linebacker to play the quarterback position. He's not afraid of the contact, though that may not always be a positive thing. I remember watching him go out to block for Boom on a run play a few weeks ago. And while interceptions always suck, I like watching the man run them boys down.

Yah he does remind me of a line backer playing qb. One of my favorite things he's done all year was when he threw and int a few weeks ago and then absolutely laid the wood on the guy haha. I was mad about the int but chuckled about him hitting the guy so hard. I could just read his mind... He was like dang it you mfer and bam! The funny thing is I think he was calling himself the mfer haha. I dunno it's just refreshing to see him go and try to tackle during a turnover (may not be wise) but I'm used seeing qbs either jump out of the way or make some lame attempt to tackle the guy.

In Hungary Football is having almost as big appreciation as soccer (if not bigger). Due to high demands, over 80 NFL games are televised here this season live.

Plus Football games in Hungary (HFL) are having as many visitors as soccer games (no of visitors of soccer games are dramatically falling, whilst no of visitors on football games is steadily increasing).

Great to hear that. I hope the same thing happens in Romania someday because they pay too much attention to mediocre soccer.

He's showing them that he's not intimidated by them. 

It would be cool to see a collection of highlights if you will of luck congratulating his tackler, I have said since his rookie year, never seen a QB do this, and speaks to his character......its unique, and although I don't like seeing our QB hit, I think there is some really cool psychology to it....it probably does frustrate defenders bent on getting in the head of a QB...I would venture to make the assertion that it is now known across the league as over this season and the tail end of last, I recall hearing many defensive opponents refer to Luck in a manner similar to this, "We have respect for him, he is a competitor"  Typically "coach speak" if you will for facing a good QB is more complimentary of his passing skill his football IQ and the like, so I have often wondered if defenders around the league view Luck differently from other QB's of equal talent level.