Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Mathis Plus Extra

a06cc

Not just a great player on the field, but also I great player off the field. I'm hoping we resign Robert Mathis next year no matter the defensive scheme we switch to. Robert has got back to me twice on twitter when I've sent a message to him. A great man and player. But every imagine switch to some sort of defense were we see Dwight Freeney, Robert, and Jerry Hughes on the field at the same time.

I also hope we keep Mathis. To me, Mathis is more important than Wayne. If you have just one good pass rushing DE, it's very hard to him to have success because teams double up on him. Mathis causes teams to double both him and Freeney, making it difficult to block other guys or blitzers (if we ever send any...)

I think we need Mathis for our pass rush to continue to be a strength. If he leaves, then we'll have double teams on Freeney all the time, instead of 80% of the time, and we'll have some useless guy on the other side who will be blocked by one guy and will probably be stopped most of the time. I think Mathis must be our most important signing, more important than Wayne, Garcon and all the other guys. He's almost a must sign.

Anybody catch the NFL 100 best players over the summer and saw Mathis? I cant remember it all...anybody got his whole rap at the begining? Something like....

On Monday, Tuesday we play the ball

On Sunday we stand to brawl

Read the papers

See the Name

The Indy Colts

Have Won the Game

I also hope we keep Mathis. To me, Mathis is more important than Wayne. If you have just one good pass rushing DE, it's very hard to him to have success because teams double up on him. Mathis causes teams to double both him and Freeney, making it difficult to block other guys or blitzers (if we ever send any...)

I concur. But if Peyton comes back I am sure he will want to keep Wayne. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Yeah 21isSuperman I agree with you. I was wondering why we don't rush 5 guys based off our speed.

Thats what i was telling my wife last weekend. I dont understand why we dont try to some kind of bear defense. We have so much speed on the dline. I say we line up in the bear and see what we have. Whats it gonna hurt? Im just tired of watching the tampa 2 the whole FN game!!