Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne is 8th in career receiving yards...

Dr. Guildo

great for reggie, but its gonna be hard to catch marv this season. hes gonna need to average like 73 yards a game and with how wide open our offense is, that might not happen

You know he could always come back to play for the next couple of years too, and if he does so while putting up similar numbers he could end up pretty high on the list.

They wont let Reggie go. Irsay knows he  lost a lot of respect from his "customers" over the manning deal and other things, and while putting together wins helps.. a lot..he's still gonna need that big thing to help people forget the bad, and truthfully that can only be done by making sure Reggie is a colt for as long as he wants to be, fans love Reggie, doing right by him will go a long way in helping restore ole Jim's rep, and truthfully keeping him hurts this team very little, even if he looses a step and his numbers drop off, just way more positives from keeping him than letting him go. 

Weeelll.. i dont think we will.. but i also dont think that anyone here honestly thought they would let peyton go either. So its hard to say

Moncrief seems to be Reggie's replacment. But Reggie isn't going to command much money and is still playing at a valuable level. I think he we be re-signed after this year for a short term deal 1-2 years. Our offense does better with Reggie out there. Maybe the coaches will think differently.

Moncrief seems to be Reggie's replacment. But Reggie isn't going to command much money and is still playing at a valuable level. I think he we be re-signed after this year for a short term deal 1-2 years. Our offense does better with Reggie out there. Maybe the coaches will think differently.

I agree our offense is better with reggie.. but i disagree with moncrief.. dude has one good game and nows hes replacing one the best.. darick rodgers had a good game last year too and he is without a job.. needless to say im not sold on moncrief.

How are they so far apart?.. elaborate please

A hundred million dollar contract coming off of a major neck surgery sitting with the number one pick in a draft that includes Andrew luck.

An aging yet productive wr that is a free agent and won't be looking for a multi year multi million dollar contract

Light years apart

And some 510 yards behind Marvin Harrison for 7th on the list. Not only has this team had two pretty good quarterbacks, but receivers too.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_yds_career.htm

add in Raymond Berry and the Colts have been as much a home to great QBs over the years as they have been WRs.  It looks like Hilton might be the next one on that list. 

depends what we decide to do with reggie

If he wants to keep playing I think he comes back for a one or two year deal.  If he didn't leave after 2011 I don't see him wanting to leave now unless he's done playing.  So then it comes down to do the Colts still want him and I think they will. 

While the Colts have two very good young WRs in Hilton and Moncrief they don't really have much beyond that after this year.  Yes they have Whalen but that's pretty much it.  I don't Nicks wants to stay here and I don't think the Colts will want to keep him.

Also Luck still depends on Reggie a great deal.  He's his safety blanket.  Look where Luck looks to go on third down or a key play in the game it's almost always going Reggie's way.  So if Reggie wants to keep playing I think the Colts will bring him back for a one or two year deal.  The Colts can easily do that and not really have that impact that in a big way when they are going to need money when Luck's, Hilton's, and Allen's contracts are all up. 

They wont let Reggie go. Irsay knows he  lost a lot of respect from his "customers" over the manning deal and other things, and while putting together wins helps.. a lot..he's still gonna need that big thing to help people forget the bad, and truthfully that can only be done by making sure Reggie is a colt for as long as he wants to be, fans love Reggie, doing right by him will go a long way in helping restore ole Jim's rep, and truthfully keeping him hurts this team very little, even if he looses a step and his numbers drop off, just way more positives from keeping him than letting him go. 

In the end Jim Irsay & company can do what they please, and the only people who still harbor grudges against him are people who don't get that with the moves he made left this team is much better off.

A hundred million dollar contract coming off of a major neck surgery sitting with the number one pick in a draft that includes Andrew luck.

An aging yet productive wr that is a free agent and won't be looking for a multi year multi million dollar contract

Light years apart

Yes sir.

They wont let Reggie go. Irsay knows he lost a lot of respect from his "customers" over the manning deal and other things, and while putting together wins helps.. a lot..he's still gonna need that big thing to help people forget the bad, and truthfully that can only be done by making sure Reggie is a colt for as long as he wants to be, fans love Reggie, doing right by him will go a long way in helping restore ole Jim's rep, and truthfully keeping him hurts this team very little, even if he looses a step and his numbers drop off, just way more positives from keeping him than letting him go.

The implication being that Jim or anyone in our front office cares what fans, who threw/are throwing a temper tantrums about Manning, think.

None of what you listed will be why we will or will not resign Reggie.

Light years apart

Reggies injurys could play a part as well as peytons did. Not to mention hes gonna be 36.. and people are talking about signing him to 2 years. You have moncrief on the come up(granted hes no luck) could play a big part. His productivity is mediocre.. 24th in the league in yards and at the bottom for tds.. thats only because luck seems to stare down and force the ball his way.. and for you to point out reggies productivity as if peyton wasnt productive is crazy

. Im not taking anything away from reggie.. ive always loved him.. but to say there situation is light years apart isnt right. The real question is do you want a 36 37 38 year WR on your team who is mediocre oooorrrr would you rather have a younger more explosive big play type WR that can run a route further than ten yards beyond the L.O.S

Edit: not to mention we let reggie go once already. It was the signing of pagano that got reggie back

The implication being that Jim or anyone in our front office cares what fans, who threw/are throwing a temper tantrums about Manning, think.

None of what you listed will be why we will or will not resign 

I disagree...It is a business, and reputation means something in business, and if you can do something that costs you little but helps out greatly you do it. It simple. And if he didn't care what fans thought he wouldn't hand out hundred dollar bills at training camp or have the contest he does or do any charity work. Its all p.r.. period, and letting Reggie stay and retire a colt is good p.r., you go to games, what do you hear chanted, REGGIE,REGGIE,REGGIE, that equals money in his pocket. Period. Its just good businesses,

Reggies injurys could play a part as well as peytons did. Not to mention hes gonna be 36.. and people are talking about signing him to 2 years. You have moncrief on the come up(granted hes no luck) could play a big part. His productivity is mediocre.. 24th in the league in yards and at the bottom for tds.. thats only because luck seems to stare down and force the ball his way.. and for you to point out reggies productivity as if peyton wasnt productive is crazy

. Im not taking anything away from reggie.. ive always loved him.. but to say there situation is light years apart isnt right. The real question is do you want a 36 37 38 year WR on your team who is mediocre oooorrrr would you rather have a younger more explosive big play type WR that can run a route further than ten yards beyond the L.O.S

Edit: not to mention we let reggie go once already. It was the signing of pagano that got reggie back

Reggies elbow will have zero impact on the team wanting him back. If he wants to play he will be here.

Also, the colts never let him go . He was a free agent and decided to come back.

Reggie has never been the fastest guy, but a hands guy as well as one of the best route runners to play the game. So there is no doubt I want him at 37, 38, or even 39. There is a question as to whether he will play that long, or if Hakeem Nicks will be back next year... therefore I fully expect Moncrief's play to increase no matter what. Reggie is averaging 12 yards a catch, and has one less td than T.Y. Hilton.

I disagree...It is a business, and reputation means something in business, and if you can do something that costs you little but helps out greatly you do it. It simple. And if he didn't care what fans thought he wouldn't hand out hundred dollar bills at training camp or have the contest he does or do any charity work. Its all p.r.. period, and letting Reggie stay and retire a colt is good p.r., you go to games, what do you hear chanted, REGGIE,REGGIE,REGGIE, that equals money in his pocket. Period. Its just good businesses,

Interacting with the fanbase isn't the same thing as letting them dictate roster moves. No one in the front office cares what you or I think. You're right. It's a business. And in business emotion doesn't factor in (REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE).

If they cared what the fans though Peyton would still be here. What makes you think Reggie is untouchable when the face of our franchise was shown the door?

I know you hope Reggie stays, but if he does it'll be because it makes sense for the team. Not so fans can chant his name.

Reggies elbow will have zero impact on the team wanting him back. If he wants to play he will be here.

Also, the colts never let him go . He was a free agent and decided to come back.

He was a free agent because we didnt resign him.... therefore yes we kinda did let him go. He almost signed with Miami b4 chuck came in. I wasnt talking just about the elbow i was talking about the knee. And i suppose you not gonna answer my question?

Reggie has never been the fastest guy, but a hands guy as well as one of the best route runners to play the game. So there is no doubt I want him at 37, 38, or even 39. There is a question as to whether he will play that long, or if Hakeem Nicks will be back next year... therefore I fully expect Moncrief's play to increase no matter what. Reggie is averaging 12 yards a catch, and has one less td than T.Y. Hilton.

Reggie is averaging 12 yards i know.. thats because he only runs ten yard underneath routes. T.y is a big play w.r.. he only gets tds on big plays thats why his tds are low. T.y is to small in redzone situations which is why he doesnt get many tds. I agree reggie has the best hands in nfl. Ive just been saying id rather have a younger faster more big play player over a old and declining reggie.. thats all im sayin people

He was a free agent because we didnt resign him.... therefore yes we kinda did let him go. He almost signed with Miami b4 chuck came in. I wasnt talking just about the elbow i was talking about the knee. And i suppose you not gonna answer my question?

No, we never let him go. He wasn't cut, his contract was up. Almost signing some place means nothing, even if that were true.

What question?

No, we never let him go. He wasn't cut, his contract was up. Almost signing some place means nothing, even if that were true.

What question?

Well most of the time when you want to keep someone on your team.. you resign them before the contract is up.. unless of course your on a one year deal. But my question.. would you rather have an 36 37 38 year old declining WR or a younger faster more athletic big play type player?.. at the end of the day all im saying is it would be in the teams best interest to let reggie go and let someone in his roster spot.

Well most of the time when you want to keep someone on your team.. you resign them before the contract is up.. unless of course your on a one year deal. But my question.. would you rather have an 36 37 38 year old declining WR or a younger faster more athletic big play type player?.. at the end of the day all im saying is it would be in the teams best interest to let reggie go and let someone in his roster spot.

Well if a team could only keep one wr then i would take the younger faster guy. Fortunately, that isn't the case. I don't think nicks will be back. So reggie, ty and moncrief can all exist together

Well if a team could only keep one wr then i would take the younger faster guy. Fortunately, that isn't the case. I don't think nicks will be back. So reggie, ty and moncrief can all exist together

Well said.. nice post.. i agree that nicks wont be back.. at least we all can hope so.. but wouldnt you rather have demarius thomas or dez byrant or randell cobb or jermey maclin or micheal crabtree.. which are all free agents this year.. there are plently more pretty good receivers thay are freeagents.. granted some might be franchised.. i guess at the end of the day its all opinion based.. but i think we both know that anyone of those names are better than reggie at this point in time.. and would make a better more scary(if you will) WR corps.

Well said.. nice post.. i agree that nicks wont be back.. at least we all can hope so.. but wouldnt you rather have demarius thomas or dez byrant or randell cobb or jermey maclin or micheal crabtree.. which are all free agents this year.. there are plently more pretty good receivers thay are freeagents.. granted some might be franchised.. i guess at the end of the day its all opinion based.. but i think we both know that anyone of those names are better than reggie at this point in time.. and would make a better more scary(if you will) WR corps.

With all of the large upcoming contracts i don't think any of those guys would be realistic. Obviously yes i would prefer some of those guys, but they are going to get big money. If reggie wants to continue playing i think that contract would be easily done.

How are they so far apart?.. elaborate please

Light years apart

If he wants to keep playing I think he comes back for a one or two year deal.  If he didn't leave after 2011 I don't see him wanting to leave now unless he's done playing.  So then it comes down to do the Colts still want him and I think they will. 

While the Colts have two very good young WRs in Hilton and Moncrief they don't really have much beyond that after this year.  Yes they have Whalen but that's pretty much it.  I don't Nicks wants to stay here and I don't think the Colts will want to keep him.

Also Luck still depends on Reggie a great deal.  He's his safety blanket.  Look where Luck looks to go on third down or a key play in the game it's almost always going Reggie's way.  So if Reggie wants to keep playing I think the Colts will bring him back for a one or two year deal.  The Colts can easily do that and not really have that impact that in a big way when they are going to need money when Luck's, Hilton's, and Allen's contracts are all up. 

As far as "did we let Reggie go?" -- No we didn't, and there are no implications that we didn't try to bring him back -- Reggie was talking about trying to get Peyton to sign with Miami together and was testing the market while figured out what was going on with Peyton and with our organization.  Ultimately, when we hired Pagano (who Reggie had a previous relationship with) Reggie decided his best fit was to stick in Indy -- the fact that it took Reggie so long to resign with us that year was based on 2 things: (1) Reggie was testing the market and (2) there were a few days where we didn't have a GM after Polian got fired -- not like we could have signed Reggie without one of them.

As far as it being different from Peyton -- it is not even comparable.  We had the opportunity to take the best QB in the draft since 1998 (Peyton).  There was no certainty with Peyton's neck at that point in time, and Peyton himself said that he did not think it would be good for Andrew Luck to sit the bench for several years.  That decision was a tough one, but a mutual one.  I am glad both Peyton and the Colts organization have benefitted from it.  Yes, Peyton has gone on to be productive and Reggie continues to be productive, as well (prior to missing the last game, I think he was on pace to catch ~86 balls which is a tremendous year for any WR, let alone a guy his age after coming off surgery).  Also, you don't build teams around a WR.  The Colts had the opportunity to take the first sure-shot franchise QB in the draft since Manning, it was kind of a no-brainer (do we want to take a guy that will lead us to 15 years of success, or risk that Peyton's neck will hold up for 1-3 or 4 more years).  Reggie, there is no risk, he has shown he can still play and it isn't like keeping him around is going to have any influence on our ability to try to create a dynasty.  Peyton was demanding a long-term contract for #1 QB money, we were trying to clean house and start a new era of Colts football with Andrew Luck -- we had to clear cap room to bring in new weapons for Luck and so far it has worked out.  It is way too early to say Moncrief is Reggie's predecessor, though I imagine Grigs and Co. discussed that when making the decision to draft him.  Bottom line, if Reggie wants to stay, he's gonna stay.  Pagano asked Reggie to stay to help him start building this monster and I highly doubt he's gonna let our front office push Reggie out the door before the monster is complete, and signing him to a 1-2 year deal when we know he can still play at a high level for above average WR money is nowhere near what it would have been like signing Manning to a 3-4 year contract on a #1 QB scale with the uncertainty that surrounded him at the time.

Also, just for fun -- Reggie is #7 in all time receptions -- he has a very good shot at moving to #6 this year and if he plays 1 more year I think he's a lock to move into #3 all time (#2 as a WR, surpassing Marvin to be behind only Jerry Rice and Tony Gonzalez).  At this point in his career, if Reggie decides to continue playing, I don't see why he'd want to go anywhere besides Indy -- he's got a great chemistry with Luck and seemingly the rest of the team and there are not many other places in the NFL right now where he'd have a better shot at getting another ring while he adds some more personal honors to his HOF career.  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_career.htm

With all of the large upcoming contracts i don't think any of those guys would be realistic. Obviously yes i would prefer some of those guys, but they are going to get big money. If reggie wants to continue playing i think that contract would be easily done.

They are going to want big money.. yes.. but who better to give it to them then one of the teams with the most cap space(colts). Yes reggies deal would be more team friendly but i dont know about productivity wise. Like i said before i think its best for the team to let him go. I must say that i have enjoyed this debate.. not very often you can debate with someone for long before the insults come out.

As far as "did we let Reggie go?" -- No we didn't, and there are no implications that we didn't try to bring him back -- Reggie was talking about trying to get Peyton to sign with Miami together and was testing the market while figured out what was going on with Peyton and with our organization. Ultimately, when we hired Pagano (who Reggie had a previous relationship with) Reggie decided his best fit was to stick in Indy -- the fact that it took Reggie so long to resign with us that year was based on 2 things: (1) Reggie was testing the market and (2) there were a few days where we didn't have a GM after Polian got fired -- not like we could have signed Reggie without one of them.

As far as it being different from Peyton -- it is not even comparable. We had the opportunity to take the best QB in the draft since 1998 (Peyton). There was no certainty with Peyton's neck at that point in time, and Peyton himself said that he did not think it would be good for Andrew Luck to sit the bench for several years. That decision was a tough one, but a mutual one. I am glad both Peyton and the Colts organization have benefitted from it. Yes, Peyton has gone on to be productive and Reggie continues to be productive, as well (prior to missing the last game, I think he was on pace to catch ~86 balls which is a tremendous year for any WR, let alone a guy his age after coming off surgery). Also, you don't build teams around a WR. The Colts had the opportunity to take the first sure-shot franchise QB in the draft since Manning, it was kind of a no-brainer (do we want to take a guy that will lead us to 15 years of success, or risk that Peyton's neck will hold up for 1-3 or 4 more years). Reggie, there is no risk, he has shown he can still play and it isn't like keeping him around is going to have any influence on our ability to try to create a dynasty. Peyton was demanding a long-term contract for #1 QB money, we were trying to clean house and start a new era of Colts football with Andrew Luck -- we had to clear cap room to bring in new weapons for Luck and so far it has worked out. It is way too early to say Moncrief is Reggie's predecessor, though I imagine Grigs and Co. discussed that when making the decision to draft him. Bottom line, if Reggie wants to stay, he's gonna stay. Pagano asked Reggie to stay to help him start building this monster and I highly doubt he's gonna let our front office push Reggie out the door before the monster is complete, and signing him to a 1-2 year deal when we know he can still play at a high level for above average WR money is nowhere near what it would have been like signing Manning to a 3-4 year contract on a #1 QB scale with the uncertainty that surrounded him at the time.

Also, just for fun -- Reggie is #7 in all time receptions -- he has a very good shot at moving to #6 this year and if he plays 1 more year I think he's a lock to move into #3 all time (#2 as a WR, surpassing Marvin to be behind only Jerry Rice and Tony Gonzalez). At this point in his career, if Reggie decides to continue playing, I don't see why he'd want to go anywhere besides Indy -- he's got a great chemistry with Luck and seemingly the rest of the team and there are not many other places in the NFL right now where he'd have a better shot at getting another ring while he adds some more personal honors to his HOF career. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_career.htm

On pace for 86 catches and under 1000 yards.. reggie isnt a player teams have to game plan against anymore. Regg runs short underneath routes. He isnt a player that defenses worry about breaking tackles or has the speed to take one to the house.. so what let him catch his 7 8 yard pass. They just walk up and tackle him. Teams gameplan for t.y which leaves reggie open alot.. just imagine if we had one of the freeagent receivers i mentioned above.. teams would have to pick their poison. Fact of the matter is the team would benefit more without reggie.

On pace for 86 catches and under 1000 yards.. reggie isnt a player teams have to game plan against anymore. Regg runs short underneath routes. He isnt a player that defenses worry about breaking tackles or has the speed to take one to the house.. so what let him catch his 7 8 yard pass. They just walk up and tackle him. Teams gameplan for t.y which leaves reggie open alot.. just imagine if we had one of the freeagent receivers i mentioned above.. teams would have to pick their poison. Fact of the matter is the team would benefit more without reggie.

We are a much, much better team when Reggie is on the field.  Much, much better.

He doesn't "have the speed to take it to the house"?  Reggie was never a big speed guy, but if you watched last night's game, I think you'll see Reggie took it 40 yards to the house last night.  Reggie is still an above average NFL WR and his leadership on this team in invaluable.  Teams game plan for Reggie and TY (and Allen, and Fleener, and T-Rich, and Bradshaw, and probably a little bit for Nicks and Moncrief), which gives TY a lot of opportunities to take the top off the defense.  We can move the chains all day with 7.8 yards per catch.

As far as "did we let Reggie go?" -- No we didn't, and there are no implications that we didn't try to bring him back -- Reggie was talking about trying to get Peyton to sign with Miami together and was testing the market while figured out what was going on with Peyton and with our organization. Ultimately, when we hired Pagano (who Reggie had a previous relationship with) Reggie decided his best fit was to stick in Indy -- the fact that it took Reggie so long to resign with us that year was based on 2 things: (1) Reggie was testing the market and (2) there were a few days where we didn't have a GM after Polian got fired -- not like we could have signed Reggie without one of them.

As far as it being different from Peyton -- it is not even comparable. We had the opportunity to take the best QB in the draft since 1998 (Peyton). There was no certainty with Peyton's neck at that point in time, and Peyton himself said that he did not think it would be good for Andrew Luck to sit the bench for several years. That decision was a tough one, but a mutual one. I am glad both Peyton and the Colts organization have benefitted from it. Yes, Peyton has gone on to be productive and Reggie continues to be productive, as well (prior to missing the last game, I think he was on pace to catch ~86 balls which is a tremendous year for any WR, let alone a guy his age after coming off surgery). Also, you don't build teams around a WR. The Colts had the opportunity to take the first sure-shot franchise QB in the draft since Manning, it was kind of a no-brainer (do we want to take a guy that will lead us to 15 years of success, or risk that Peyton's neck will hold up for 1-3 or 4 more years). Reggie, there is no risk, he has shown he can still play and it isn't like keeping him around is going to have any influence on our ability to try to create a dynasty. Peyton was demanding a long-term contract for #1 QB money, we were trying to clean house and start a new era of Colts football with Andrew Luck -- we had to clear cap room to bring in new weapons for Luck and so far it has worked out. It is way too early to say Moncrief is Reggie's predecessor, though I imagine Grigs and Co. discussed that when making the decision to draft him. Bottom line, if Reggie wants to stay, he's gonna stay. Pagano asked Reggie to stay to help him start building this monster and I highly doubt he's gonna let our front office push Reggie out the door before the monster is complete, and signing him to a 1-2 year deal when we know he can still play at a high level for above average WR money is nowhere near what it would have been like signing Manning to a 3-4 year contract on a #1 QB scale with the uncertainty that surrounded him at the time.

Also, just for fun -- Reggie is #7 in all time receptions -- he has a very good shot at moving to #6 this year and if he plays 1 more year I think he's a lock to move into #3 all time (#2 as a WR, surpassing Marvin to be behind only Jerry Rice and Tony Gonzalez). At this point in his career, if Reggie decides to continue playing, I don't see why he'd want to go anywhere besides Indy -- he's got a great chemistry with Luck and seemingly the rest of the team and there are not many other places in the NFL right now where he'd have a better shot at getting another ring while he adds some more personal honors to his HOF career. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_career.htm

reggie re-signed with the Colts the first night of free agency that year and shortly after the Colts had lost Garçon who was their first attempt to keep he was plan B and once it became clear we needed plan B the deal came together very quickly.

Also reggie has all but said it came down to the Colts or Pats. I think he knew long before he made his choice he wasn't going to be with Peyton.

reggie re-signed with the Colts the first night of free agency that year and shortly after the Colts had lost Garçon who was their first attempt to keep he was plan B and once it became clear we needed plan B the deal came together very quickly.

Also reggie has all but said it came down to the Colts or Pats. I think he knew long before he made his choice he wasn't going to be with Peyton.

I don't know that Garcon was our number 1 choice -- and there is no justification that Garcon would be A and Reggie B.  It's pretty well documented that Pagano called Reggie and asked him to stick around and Reggie stuck around.  The specific question I was addressing was "Did the Colts let Reggie go/release Reggie?" -- The answer is, simply  -- no. The Colts actually asked Reggie to come back, he had multiple options as a free agent WR, and he chose to come back to Indy.

I don't know that Garcon was our number 1 choice -- and there is no justification that Garcon would be A and Reggie B.  It's pretty well documented that Pagano called Reggie and asked him to stick around and Reggie stuck around.  The specific question I was addressing was "Did the Colts let Reggie go/release Reggie?" -- The answer is, simply  -- no. The Colts actually asked Reggie to come back, he had multiple options as a free agent WR, and he chose to come back to Indy.

Grigson said he tried to re-sgin Garcon and there were reports before free agency started that Garcon rejected a big offer from the Colts.  Once Garcon signed with the Colts a deal between the Colts and Reggie was reached quickly.  It did not drag on for a very long time like you said.  It was done within five hours of free agency starting and even Grigson has said negation really picked up after Garcon turned down their deal. 

Yes Pagano called Reggie, I never said he didn't.  Smart move on Pagano's part.  I am sure their relationship didn't hurt.  I am not doubting any of that.  What I am doubting is that it took a long time for a deal to get done with Reggie.  It didn't.  With that said yes Reggie had a choice to make but it didn't come down to playing with Manning in Miami or staying with the Colts. Reggie spilled the beans on his own radio show when he said it came down to the Colts or Pats and in the end he just felt like he was a Colt.  If Reggie ever floated the idea of ever playing with Manning in Miami it was long gone by the time Reggie made the decision as Manning never really considered Miami as a place he would sign. 

Also, if you are talking about what happened in 2011 that has little to do with my original post and I don't understand why you quoted me as I was talking about what I think will happen at season's end not revisiting what happened in 2011 other than to simply say that if Reggie didn't leave in 2011 if he still wants to play at seasons end I don't see why he would want to leave now. 

As to what happened in 2011 you are right it's a fact the Colts never released Reggie.  He was a free agent.  If someone said he was released I will given them the benefit of the doubt and say the miss spoke.