Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

well moncrief had a good game

Stephen

For a 1 year rental? Nobody will want to trade for him when they can just sign him in the offseason if they are interested, especially teams who's seasons are already done like the Jets. It would have to be a team that truly believes they are a depth WR away from making a playoff push, including the fact that mid season trade WR's don't produce nearly at the level they're capable until they've had an off season to work with the team.

Nick isn't going anywhere, because nobody wants to give up anything for a rental.

:sigh:

Guess you're right. Well, move him down the depth chart then

Trade him away. Bring back Da'rick Rogers for cheaper. He already knows the playbook and that this would be his final chance. I would love a guy playing with a chip on his shoulder. 

They let Rogers die on the vine while waiting on Nicks to do something.

A timing is everything thing. We are way behind After the Nicks pic 6, Nicks finally makes a catch and immediately blowholes at the defender. The guys mind just isn`t right with the game.

They let Rogers die on the vine while waiting on Nicks to do something.

A timing is everything thing. We are way behind After the Nicks pic 6, Nicks finally makes a catch and immediately blowholes at the defender. The guys mind just isn`t right with the game.

Afraid Im gonna need some translation here boss, Not really getting what the vine is....Im not even gonna ask what blowholes is, But anyway Rogers wasn't ready to grow up yet

Afraid Im gonna need some translation here boss, Not really getting what the vine is....Im not even gonna ask what blowholes is, But anyway Rogers wasn't ready to grow up yet

It's a wine making refrence. Rather than pick the grape (Rogers) when it was ripe and ready to be pruned in to the perfect wine, they let him sit too long and he died on the vine as it were. It's a backhand at the coaching and FO blaming them for Da'Rick being a *.

It's a wine making refrence. Rather than pick the grape (Rogers) when it was ripe and ready to be pruned in to the perfect wine, they let him sit too long and he died on the vine as it were. It's a backhand at the coaching and FO blaming them for Da'Rick being a *.

That's true Rogers was coming along last year. He did absolutely nothing but sit on the bench this year. Maybe that messed him up and he didn't care anymore.

in rewatching his highlights the body catching thing still scares me about him.

I loved the high hands grab across the middle but he doesn't attack the ball with his hands enough, it seems as though he doesn't trust them.

You're being way overly critical. TY Hilton (among many other top WRs) lets the ball get into his stomach often too but I don't see people worrying about it because he catches it. Some throws depending on the angle make it easier to craddle the pass. We know Moncrief can make the tough catch all hands. For example, vs Steelers he caught a 5 yard crossing pattern with the DB all over him using all hands and then proceeded to drag the defender 3 more yards downfield.

When Moncrief starts going out of his way to catch easy hand catches with his stomach and dropping easy balls that he lets get into his chest, ala DHB, I'll worry. Thus far he's caught just about everything and has a great catch rate of ~76% with a good chunk being contested balls.

Long story short, he's not DHB. Not by a long shot.

That's true Rogers was coming along last year. He did absolutely nothing but sit on the bench this year. Maybe that messed him up and he didn't care anymore.

he sat on the bench because his route running was terrible. He only knew how to run deep and didn't work on his crossing and comeback routes. He'd also half run routes when the ball wasn't going his way.

Moncrief had a good game, I expect big things from him for years to come.  Nice size, good hands, he looks a little confused like he is learning the system but that will come with more playing time.  I agree with a lot of the other post TY and Moncrief are he future.  Can you see it Luck,TY,Moncrief,Allen, Fleener,Richardson.  That is a loaded gun waiting to be fired.  Go Colts

I would LOVE to see ty then moncreif with wayne in the slot with Whalen coming in at sub and bench nicks. I said it earlier this year moncreif is going to be great for us and Whalen is gunna prove him self worthy of a roster spot. I see them both being huge next year and being very crucial part of the offense come playoff time