Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baltimore at Colts

The Old Crow

Just wanted to stop by and wish you the best of luck next week when the Ravens come into down.

If this season so far has been any indicator, Luck is going to light up our secondary. How is your o-line this year? I've they're good, I don't expect to see either of our QBs hit much at all.

Elam stunk today at safety and got benched . Chaykie Brown is brutal at cornerback and hardly played. Webb was out again with a bad back. Jimmy Smith is an excellent shut down cornerback. The Colts and Luck should attack butt Jackson, the other cornerback Elam was so bad at safety he got replaced by Trawlick .

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

O-line is better than it has been in past years, though they can struggle in run blocking at times. 

Will be interesting to see if the Ravens will be able to get the run game going against you all.  That could be a deciding factor in the game (as well as if you guys run well against us, thought our front line is pretty dominant in stopping the run.)

Elam stunk today at safety and got benched . Chaykie Brown is brutal at cornerback and hardly played. Webb was out again with a bad back. Jimmy Smith is an excellent shut down cornerback. The Colts and Luck should attack butt Jackson, the other cornerback Elam was so bad at safety he got replaced by Trawlick .

Yeah Elam has looked very poor lately.  Darian Stewart also failed miserably on a play that went for a TD b/c he was twiddling his thumbs in the middle of the field.

I think Chykie Brown and Asa Jackson will most definitely be who you guys target.

Will be interesting to see if the Ravens will be able to get the run game going against you all. That could be a deciding factor in the game (as well as if you guys run well against us, thought our front line is pretty dominant in stopping the run.)

Yeah Elam has looked very poor lately. Darian Stewart also failed miserably on a play that went for a TD b/c he was twiddling his thumbs in the middle of the field.

I think Chykie Brown and Asa Jackson will most definitely be who you guys target.

My team won't be targeting them because I'm a Raven's fan, but we know Luck will. Actually Asa Jackson didn't play too bad, but I forgot about the mediocre play of Darien Stewart. We had two sacks, but the pass rush was too light on Cam at times. That is death against Luck.

This game will be a real test for our pass rush

The Ravens offensive line has been surprisingly very good. Rick Wagner replaced Mike Oher at RT , and has done great. Hurst has replaced an injured Eugene Monroe at LT, and also did very well. I guess we are the lucky team that gets Robert Mathis back ?

I expect alot of blitzing from the ravens

Maybe , but they haven't been blitzing a lot . I think they hope Suggs and Dumervil can get to Luck. Both haven't gotten as many sacks as many have hoped , so they may have to resort to more blitzing to throw Luck off. It won't be easy the way he's been playing.

The Ravens offensive line has been surprisingly very good. Rick Wagner replaced Mike Oher at RT , and has done great. Hurst has replaced an injured Eugene Monroe at LT, and also did very well. I guess we are the lucky team that gets Robert Mathis back ?

That would've been true if mathis didn't get hurt for the season smh

Maybe , but they haven't been blitzing a lot . I think they hope Suggs and Dumervil can get to Luck. Both haven't gotten as many sacks as many have hoped , so they may have to resort to more blitzing to throw Luck off. It won't be easy the way he's been playing.

I just have that feeling that will be their gameplan even though the o line has been good the past couple of games there are still flaws

Pretty good game by Mike Adams this week too. Good for him after some fans wanted him benched... Even though he wasn't even playing that bad. Our secondary will have a good test vs Baltimore.

Our receiving corps isn't what yours is, but Torrey Smith and Steve Smith are very good. Owen Daniels has filled in well , but losing Pitta was a huge loss. Marlon Brown is a good red zone receiver , and Jacoby Jones can no longer catch the ball. It's a very good, but not an elite group. Smith Sr. certainly spices it up, though.

I just have that feeling that will be their gameplan even though the o line has been good the past couple of games there are still flaws

To have a chance, you're right, we have to get pressure on Luck. If we don't , we will get picked as clean as a Maryland Blue Crab. I just haven't seen Peas use as many blitz packages as the Ravens have used in the past. It may be that way to give extra help to a thin secondary, figuring Suggs and Dumervil can provide enough pressure. You may be right though, every game has different strategies , especially when dealing with Luck, or testing the Colts O line .

My team won't be targeting them because I'm a Raven's fan, but we know Luck will. Actually Asa Jackson didn't play too bad, but I forgot about the mediocre play of Darien Stewart. We had two sacks, but the pass rush was too light on Cam at times. That is death against Luck.

haha - I thought you might be (name and avatar kind of gives it away), but then I looked at your post count and decided there's no way a sane Ravens fan could hang out for that long on the internet with a bunch of Colts fans.   Just kidding Colts fans - you know I love you guys.  My favorite fan base besides Baltimore's.

Jackson certainly didn't play too badly, and had some nice tackles...but once again we were crap on 3rd down and continued to allow the sputtering Panthers offense to move down the field on drives that could have been stopped 2 or 3 times.  Andrew Luck is about as superior to Cam Newton as humanly possible, and they will punish us for those mistakes.

One thing I was thinking about also is that the Ravens must have a spy on Luck, so that he can't make large plays scrambling on busted plays. They should be used to this as Luck plays a lot like Big Ben in turning busted plays into big gains . If the Ravens don't , it could be a very long day.

haha - I thought you might be (name and avatar kind of gives it away), but then I looked at your post count and decided there's no way a sane Ravens fan could hang out for that long on the internet with a bunch of Colts fans. Just kidding Colts fans - you know I love you guys. My favorite fan base besides Baltimore's.

Jackson certainly didn't play too badly, and had some nice tackles...but once again we were crap on 3rd down and continued to allow the sputtering Panthers offense to move down the field on drives that could have been stopped 2 or 3 times. Andrew Luck is about as superior to Cam Newton as humanly possible, and they will punish us for those mistakes.

I've been on here for awhile. As many know, I'm still an old fan of the Baltimore Colts, so it's a nice secondary site to all the Ravens forums It's also a great forum on its own , and you get some different perspectives than we would get from sites in Baltimore.

I agree about third downs. Sometimes our defense can't get off the field. That happened all last year. I think we are a much better team than last year, but injuries are a concern. They also have to keep Luck off the field.

My worry as a colts fan is that we come out and start off laxidasical and get off to a slow start. We have been doing great the last two games but it's still a worry. Are we gonna come out focused get after it immediately...? Not wait until we're down 21-0. I see a high likelihood though that this game could be a nail biter all the way to the end.

haha - I thought you might be (name and avatar kind of gives it away), but then I looked at your post count and decided there's no way a sane Ravens fan could hang out for that long on the internet with a bunch of Colts fans. Just kidding Colts fans - you know I love you guys. My favorite fan base besides Baltimore's.

Jackson certainly didn't play too badly, and had some nice tackles...but once again we were crap on 3rd down and continued to allow the sputtering Panthers offense to move down the field on drives that could have been stopped 2 or 3 times. Andrew Luck is about as superior to Cam Newton as humanly possible, and they will punish us for those mistakes.

I assume your a Terps fan. I've been a Terps fan since the Lefty Driesell days, even though I'm a Towson alum. I pull for both. Just wish the Ravens would have gotten Terrance West, although I like our RB's this year.

Funny, this is the first Ravens fan I've heard from since Ravens804. I've been one man on a Colts island

Truly admirable, the constitution it takes to stay and remain level. I get quite a bit of flack for even being on the Broncos forum, by the members there, and I'm rooting FOR their team. 

Truly admirable, the constitution it takes to stay and remain level. I get quite a bit of flack for even being on the Broncos forum, by the members there, and I'm rooting FOR their team.

There seems to be some Broncos fans here , some maybe because of the Manning angle, and of course our pesky Patriot friend fans. One Saints fan, me, and the virtual forum janitor ! Lol

haha - I thought you might be (name and avatar kind of gives it away), but then I looked at your post count and decided there's no way a sane Ravens fan could hang out for that long on the internet with a bunch of Colts fans.   Just kidding Colts fans - you know I love you guys.  My favorite fan base besides Baltimore's.

We welcome other fans with open arms. Maybe he is a throw back to the old days before the Mayflower came. You know the one that brought the team. 

coltsmayflower.jpg

Not the pilgrims.

1349756681_SigningMayflowerCompact11-102

We can all laugh now I hope.

We welcome other fans with open arms. Maybe he is a throw back to the old days before the Mayflower came. You know the one that brought the team. 

coltsmayflower.jpg

Not the pilgrims.

1349756681_SigningMayflowerCompact11-102

We can all laugh now I hope.

I only moved to America after the Colts left town (and three years after the Ravens came to Baltimore), so I luckily am able to hold no real grudge against the Colts for that move.

I wouldn't have even been able to tell you what American football was at the time lol.

We match up well vs the Ravens personnel. They are good at stopping the run but struggle in pass coverage. This team has too many weapons offensively and the Ravens don't have the secondary. Flacco won't be throwing at below average CB's like he was vs the Panthers. Davis and Butler are top 5 at their position and Toler has been playing good lately. I think will win and Luck has another 300 yard game.

Colts 31 - Ravens 17

As Jackie Gleason used to say, " And away we go ! " It should be a great game with both teams coming off some outstanding performances. I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Signing Steve Smith was a great, great move. His attitude, his play makes your offense intimidating to go along with the D. How are you feeling about the team? Flacco has been playing much better since week one and the D looks very, very good.

Signing Steve Smith was a great, great move. His attitude, his play makes your offense intimidating to go along with the D. How are you feeling about the team? Flacco has been playing much better since week one and the D looks very, very good.

As I said earlier, the team is much improved over last year. The O line has done great , and they haven't allowed a sack in three games. The incredible thing is they have an undrafted rookie, Hurst on left tackle. The running back by committee is working, and Smith has replaced the guy they let foolishly get away in Boldin. Other than the loss of Pitta, the O looks good.

As pointed out by Colt fans , our weakness is the secondary. Jimmy Smith is a great corner, but the rest of the secondary is suspect. If Webb were healthy , it would be a different story, but he's been out most of the year with a bad back. Asa Jackson has filled in well, but if they get down to Brown, it's serious trouble. The safety play, supposedly a strength, has struggled. Safety Matt Elam, a first round pick, has looked silly the last two games. The D line is aging, and that also is a concern , with Suggs, Dumervil , and Canty getting up there in age. No pass rush and poor secondary play could be devastating against a hot Luck. Like the other times they have played the Colts, the Ravens will probably try to control the clock and keep Luck off the field. It would be sound strategy.

In my other post , I meant to say the Ravens have trouble beating the Colts historically. I agree with you about the so called barn. My sales territory includes Indy , and the stadium looks great from the outside. I'm looking forward to going inside and checking it out . Indy is a fun city to hang out in.

I think you will be impressed with the inside just as much as the outside. My first time going there I know I was very impressed with all that's in there. It will be real apparent for you to see that Lucas spent a lot of money! lol

I think you will be impressed with the inside just as much as the outside. My first time going there I know I was very impressed with all that's in there. It will be real apparent for you to see that Lucas spent a lot of money! lol

I'm sure I will. It looks like a first class facility with a retractable roof, and all the bells and whistles. Maybe they will have a Unitas jersey for me in the gift shop ! Lol

I'm sure I will. It looks like a first class facility with a retractable roof, and all the bells and whistles. Maybe they will have a Unitas jersey for me in the gift shop ! Lol

I know it may not sound right to you but I do believe they sell Unitas jerseys there? You know anything to make some bucks.

I know it may not sound right to you but I do believe they sell Unitas jerseys there? You know anything to make some bucks.

I knew they had them there , I was just kidding. I have no problem with people selling Unitas jerseys anywhere. It will never be a jersey anyone would be embarrassed to wear like some recent players we all know that have gotten themselves in trouble. Do they still sell Manning jerseys or did they hit the fifty dollar bargain bin ? I'm sure once he is retired, they will probably come back .