Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Brady's arm 'shot'?

LordHelpOurColts

Let me guess..recent history starts in 2002 right?

I would say from "90" on but that's just me. 32 teams 32 plus years seems fair? No? How many teams haven't sniffed the SB since then? How many have won a SB? I'm thinking many would love to have just one SB victory. It's a huge accomplishment.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ran into this on Barstool today. It's funny because it's exactly what I've been saying... I was just too lazy to look up and compare box scores. (Plus, in fairness to me, I don't get paid to do that.) 

Let’s talk frankly about the Patriots’ offense, shall we? Let’s stop kidding ourselves. It’s time to level with one another about just how grim the situation is. It’s gone beyond bad, jumped over awful, sprinted by terribleness and turned the corner right into a dystopian hellscape of utter hopelessness and despair. Tom Brady’s lost it. The offensive line can’t protect him. The receiver are not only not on the same page as him, they can’t find the book store. The coaches have forgotten how to coach. The situation couldn’t be worse if Brady woke up tomorrow chained to a pipe in a filthy bathroom with Julian Edelman, two hacksaws and a dead body. And there are no solutions, no remedies...

Never in the long and glorious history of the Bradichick Epoch have we ever seen the offense in straits this dire three weeks into a season.

Well, maybe once. And that was ancient history. To find a season in which things were this bad after three games you’d have to go all the way back to… 2013.

He then proceeds to list some stats: 

*Brady’s Passing Stats Through 3 Games:

–2013: 73 CMPs on 127 ATTs, 57.4%. 5 TDs, 2 INTs, Passer Rating of 79.4

–2014: 68 CMPs on 115 ATTs, 59.1%. 3 TDs, 1 INTs, Passer Rating of 83.0

*Brady’s Protection Through Three Games:

–20139 Sacks, 7 Hits, 39 Hurries, Pressures: 55

–2014: 7 Sacks, 12 Hits, 34 Hurries, Pressures: 54

Very interesting stuff, I think. The difference from 2013 to now is that they didn't have a top-five defense (as they do in 2014, so far anyway). 

Full article: http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/is-there-any-hope-for-the-patriots-offense/

EDIT: And actually, there's a mistake here... Brady hasn't thrown a pick yet this season. JT credited him with one. 

Ran into this on Barstool today. It's funny because it's exactly what I've been saying... I was just too lazy to look up and compare box scores. (Plus, in fairness to me, I don't get paid to do that.) 

Let’s talk frankly about the Patriots’ offense, shall we? Let’s stop kidding ourselves. It’s time to level with one another about just how grim the situation is. It’s gone beyond bad, jumped over awful, sprinted by terribleness and turned the corner right into a dystopian hellscape of utter hopelessness and despair. Tom Brady’s lost it. The offensive line can’t protect him. The receiver are not only not on the same page as him, they can’t find the book store. The coaches have forgotten how to coach. The situation couldn’t be worse if Brady woke up tomorrow chained to a pipe in a filthy bathroom with Julian Edelman, two hacksaws and a dead body. And there are no solutions, no remedies...

Never in the long and glorious history of the Bradichick Epoch have we ever seen the offense in straits this dire three weeks into a season.

Well, maybe once. And that was ancient history. To find a season in which things were this bad after three games you’d have to go all the way back to… 2013.

He then proceeds to list some stats: 

*Brady’s Passing Stats Through 3 Games:

–2013: 73 CMPs on 127 ATTs, 57.4%. 5 TDs, 2 INTs, Passer Rating of 79.4

–2014: 68 CMPs on 115 ATTs, 59.1%. 3 TDs, 1 INTs, Passer Rating of 83.0

*Brady’s Protection Through Three Games:

–20139 Sacks, 7 Hits, 39 Hurries, Pressures: 55

–2014: 7 Sacks, 12 Hits, 34 Hurries, Pressures: 54

Very interesting stuff, I think. The difference from 2013 to now is that they didn't have a top-five defense (as they do in 2014, so far anyway). 

Full article: http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/is-there-any-hope-for-the-patriots-offense/

EDIT: And actually, there's a mistake here... Brady hasn't thrown a pick yet this season. JT credited him with one. 

Good stuff GP. I really don't think the offense looks as bad as last year. I don't see Brady yelling at his receivers and guys messing up routes and of course Gronk is out there unlike last year where he did not play until week 7. And we didn't know that Edelman would replace Welker's production. It is amazing how fast we forget? Last year by far was the worst I have ever seen it look. Forget stats. It just looked bad and of course the team finished ranked third in points scored by the end and back in the AFCCG and like you said, the defense wasn't as good either.

I think with this year, it is all a matter of that Oline gelling which started to happen in the second half of the Raiders game as Brady started to hit Lafells and Wright and Gronk down the seam. I have to say I am anxious for this KC game. I like that we have the extra day to prepare and KC is not as good as it was last year so I am hopeful to see the O clicking more.

Good stuff GP. I really don't think the offense looks as bad as last year. I don't see Brady yelling at his receivers and guys messing up routes and of course Gronk is out there unlike last year where he did not play until week 7. And we didn't know that Edelman would replace Welker's production. It is amazing how fast we forget? Last year by far was the worst I have ever seen it look. Forget stats. It just looked bad and of course the team finished ranked third in points scored by the end and back in the AFCCG and like you said, the defense wasn't as good either.

I think with this year, it is all a matter of that Oline gelling which started to happen in the second half of the Raiders game as Brady started to hit Lafells and Wright and Gronk down the seam. I have to say I am anxious for this KC game. I like that we have the extra day to prepare and KC is not as good as it was last year so I am hopeful to see the O clicking more.

The biggest issue is obviously the line - not something we're used to here in NE. They've had bad games in spots (and some of those spots were Super Bowls, unfortunately) but did you catch Andy Reid's nebulous "no comment" when asked for his thoughts on the Patriots' o-line? LOL... it's bad. Curran wrote this week how Brady has had to go to his first read on an obscenely high percentage of plays. Teams are aware of it and I think they're really going after the tackles now. 

Brady's a QB who needs time... everyone knows that. He's at his best when he's going through his reads and seeing the field well. There's a lot of pre-snap stuff of course, and that's why he's going to Edelman again and again. He's their best skill position guy right now when it comes to seeing what #12 is seeing. But once the ball is snapped, he's not getting the time he's used to seeing, and it's really limiting what he's been able to do. And then when things do open up once in a while, he's been erratic with his throws by his standards, and is contributing to the overall problem. 

The one thing from last year to this... the number of sacks/hits/pressures is about even, but it seems like the hits he's taking this year are a lot worse. He got clobbered a couple of times last weekend and the prior two weeks. At 37, he's not going to hold up if he keeps taking a beating. 

How many times, overall, do you think Justin Tuck has gotten a good lick on Brady through the years? He's almost spent more time rolling around on the ground with Tuck than he has with G.  ;)

The biggest issue is obviously the line - not something we're used to here in NE. They've had bad games in spots (and some of those spots were Super Bowls, unfortunately) but did you catch Andy Reid's nebulous "no comment" when asked for his thoughts on the Patriots' o-line? LOL... it's bad. Curran wrote this week how Brady has had to go to his first read on an obscenely high percentage of plays. Teams are aware of it and I think they're really going after the tackles now. 

Brady's a QB who needs time... everyone knows that. He's at his best when he's going through his reads and seeing the field well. There's a lot of pre-snap stuff of course, and that's why he's going to Edelman again and again. He's their best skill position guy right now when it comes to seeing what #12 is seeing. But once the ball is snapped, he's not getting the time he's used to seeing, and it's really limiting what he's been able to do. And then when things do open up once in a while, he's been erratic with his throws by his standards, and is contributing to the overall problem. 

The one thing from last year to this... the number of sacks/hits/pressures is about even, but it seems like the hits he's taking this year are a lot worse. He got clobbered a couple of times last weekend and the prior two weeks. At 37, he's not going to hold up if he keeps taking a beating. 

How many times, overall, do you think Justin Tuck has gotten a good lick on Brady through the years? He's almost spent more time rolling around on the ground with Tuck than he has with G.  ;)

I know. He must have nightmares about Tuck hitting him.

Last year on the Dan Patrick show, Tuck called Brady the toughest QB in the NFL, http://www.danpatrick.com/2013/12/03/justin-tuck-on-challenges-of-new-rules-bradys-toughness-rgiiis-issues/  Tons of respect for Brady in this interview.

This fits the description of a hater to a T.

Although, I don't suspect you'll get much Brady hate from most Colts fans but rather respect.

Guess again. 

Never in the history of the NFL has a QB been put in a better situation to succeed than Brady.

You put Peyton on those New England teams, and he may have filled both his hands with rings. 

Brady would have been an above average QB on any other team.

Guess again.

Never in the history of the NFL has a QB been put in a better situation to succeed than Brady.

You put Peyton on those New England teams, and he may have filled both his hands with rings.

Brady would have been an above average QB on any other team.

Those early 2000 Patriot teams are long gone. Brady is essentially in the middle of a rebuild now, so of course he's gonna struggle. Put Peyton on that team right now and he will struggle too.

Those early 2000 Patriot teams are long gone. Brady is essentially in the middle of a rebuild now, so of course he's gonna struggle. Put Peyton on that team right now and he will struggle too.

Peyton was on a struggling team. He won double digits every year and several MVP's.

Peyton was on a struggling team. He won double digits every year and several MVP's.

You're preaching to the preacher when it comes to Peyton. I'm just saying that Brady has earned the respect of most Colts fans and that he is an all-time great in his own right.

There is no need to act like Brady's current situation defines his career. That's beyond shallow.

You're preaching to the preacher when it comes to Peyton. I'm just saying that Brady has earned the respect of most Colts fans and that he is an all-time great in his own right.

There is no need to act like Brady's current situation defines his career. That's beyond shallow.

That is where we disagree. I do not think Brady ever wins a Super Bowl if he did not play for the Patriots. 

I don't believe he was ever great. Brady has a Great Coach - Maybe the best of all time. He has had Great Teams around him. But Brady, in my mind, has never been Great. 

No he won't. He will teach Amendola, Lafell and other WRs how to run routes and the offense will just be fine.

Manning would be out injured and maybe in retirement. He can't take the hits anymore that Brady has been absorbing.

This OL is still a million times better than what he had with Colts.

I mean its time to quit blaming everyone other than Brady. His performance is disgusting for the last few games. Even Skip Baylees couldnt cover it up anymore.

This OL is still a million times better than what he had with Colts.

I mean its time to quit blaming everyone other than Brady. His performance is disgusting for the last few games. Even Skip Baylees couldnt cover it up anymore.

Manning would be in a wheel chair. Maybe refuse to play? The OL is horrific.

Yeah you are repeating with out substance here. 

I saw the game, OL gave him enough time. The 2 INTs are not OL's fault.

Garoppollo looked great with that one drive.

Manning would have that pout face and refuse to take the field. I wouldn't blame him. Elway knew to put a great line and skill guys around him and run game at his age.

Manning would have that pout face and refuse to take the field. I wouldn't blame him. Elway knew to put a great line and skill guys around him and run game at his age.

You ok?.

Why you talking about Manning and what you are saying is an assumption. Just talk about Brady and what he did ( fact )?.

Brady sucked. Garapollo scored a beautiful TD with the same team. Period.

You ok?.

Why you talking about Manning and what you are saying is an assumption. Just talk about Brady and what he did ( fact )?.

Brady sucked. Garapollo scored a beautiful TD with the same team. Period.

Whole team stunk, Brady included. Jimmy was a real bright spot and looked great albeit against a Chiefs team that had called off the hounds at that point. But very encouraging for the future for sure. Gronk looked good too and Lafells. Good signs for the future.

Whole team stunk, Brady included. Jimmy was a real bright spot and looked great albeit against a Chiefs team that had called off the hounds at that point. But very encouraging for the future for sure. Gronk looked good too and Lafells. Good signs for the future.

I am not ruling out NE.

They will be good. Atleast make the playoffs with the division they are in.

,500 wins that division.

NYJ and Buffalo have two of the bottom 5 QB's in the league. One of them is literally the worst. Miami is the only somewhat legitimate threat, and even then they're 9-7 at best I think.

Keep in mind NYJ/Buf/Mia always cannibalize each other and split 1-1. Nobody ever steps up to take the reigns of the division away from NE. They're forever .500

Manning would be out injured and maybe in retirement. He can't take the hits anymore that Brady has been absorbing.

Manning would be in a wheel chair. Maybe refuse to play? The OL is horrific.

So the guy who never missed a snap in his NFL career until he had 4 neck surgeries and lost all spatial awareness in his throwing arm would be out?  

Those comments are so beyond stupid and absurd.  Especially since Brady is not taking a beating any more than most other QBs in the league.  So stop with the excuses and crying.

So the guy who never missed a snap in his NFL career until he had 4 neck surgeries and lost all spatial awareness in his throwing arm would be out?  

Those comments are so beyond stupid and absurd.  Especially since Brady is not taking a beating any more than most other QBs in the league.  So stop with the excuses and crying.

Did you so soon forget the Mathis hit from last year that caused Manning to have ankle issues for most of the season? yes, he would be toast with these hits. He relies heavily on his lower body now to get velocity on the ball. If he gets dinged low, he is in real trouble.

Why do you think Elway put that line around him and those skill players? He knows how to handle an aging QB, especially one that had four neck surgeries causing him to lose his strength in this throwing arm.

Did you so soon forget the Mathis hit from last year that caused Manning to have ankle issues for most of the season? yes, he would be toast with these hits. He relies heavily on his lower body now to get velocity on the ball. If he gets dinged low, he is in real trouble.

Why do you think Elway put that line around him and those skill players? He knows how to handle an aging QB, especially one that had four neck surgeries causing him to lose his strength in this throwing arm.

You mean the season in which he had 55 tdss. Yeah, it really seemed to bother him

Manning gets rid of the ball faster. He had a terrible oline in 2010

He runs a completely different offense. Perhaps the Pats should look at this Indy offense which has all those quick slants but they don't have the personnel for it to get any separation so it would not matter for Manning either. He would be injured by now anyways.

He runs a completely different offense. Perhaps the Pats should look at this Indy offense which has all those quick slants but they don't have the personnel for it to get any separation so it would not matter for Manning either. He would be injured by now anyways.

Speculation to the extreme. Making works with his wrs in the off season to make his guys better. Brady should try that next off season since BB refuses to draft him any help

Can you really quit whining :).

This Pats OL is not as terrible as you make it. Colts had worst OLs than this when Manning was QB. Like Jvan said, Manning always releases quick.