Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Miami, St. Louis And Arizona Didn't Give Up On Their Seasons. Why Are We?

KyFan18

Watching how Miami has improved, and seeing Arizona and St. Louis pick up wins against teams that should beat them makes me even more ashamed to be sitting here winless through 10 games. I don't understand how "fans" root to loose in order to draft a couple spots higher. The difference between the 1st and 5th overall pick is not going to make or break a franchise, but that's what people around here act like.

There are some people who want to keep losing but i think the majority (me included) want to see them win but we lose we are expecting it n some of us are ok with it knowing we will get the first pick. I personally want them to win every game n if peyton magically healed by sunday i would root for us to win all six games n not worry about the draft.

Watching how Miami has improved, and seeing Arizona and St. Louis pick up wins against teams that should beat them makes me even more ashamed to be sitting here winless through 10 games. I don't understand how "fans" root to loose in order to draft a couple spots higher. The difference between the 1st and 5th overall pick is not going to make or break a franchise, but that's what people around here act like.

The Colts bring you shame? Wow.

They have wrapped up the 1 pick virtually ,now it's time to at least look like we want to win.Starting Painter does not give me that impression.I cannot hardly stomach watching that sorry excuse for a QB again this week.I think if they lose this week I will not keep wasting gas and give some kids an opportunity to go.

The Colts bring you shame? Wow.

Yes, this season they do. I am ashamed of the performance I've seen out of them this season. That doesn't mean I'm ashamed to be a Colts fan in general. You act like it's a surprise to hear someone say they are embarrassed by this season, but there are lots of fans around here who feel the same way.

Yes, this season they do. I am ashamed of the performance I've seen out of them this season. That doesn't mean I'm ashamed to be a Colts fan in general. You act like it's a surprise to hear someone say they are embarrassed by this season, but there are lots of fans around here who feel the same way.

I don't derive my self worth from the performance of my favorite football team. I think those that do are sad.

Maybe it is just your choice of words but I have never been ashamed by such a thing.

I don't derive my self worth from the performance of my favorite football team. I think those that do are sad.

Maybe it is just your choice of words but I have never been ashamed by such a thing.

Yeah, my post was not meant to really be analyzed in any context other than the world of football. I was not commenting on my own self worth. I do not go around feeling bad about myself because the Colts are doing poorly if that's what you meant. I simply meant that the Colts' performance this year has been pretty embarrassing.

I am not rooting to lose. Any true fan is not going to root to lose regardless of the "prize". It is just a season to forget.

and they start painter, because we all saw what happened when you bring in a better-than-painter-at-the-time qb in collins, that doesnt know the system, and painter has probably been at the same level or better than orlovsky in practice, and he will no system and scheme better.

Besides its always been said, from anyone whos anyone, that without peyton manning, this team is a 1 or 2 win team. Its just been confirmed this season. We all just hoped it was all a load, and painter was really devising a plan on that clipboard these past few years.

In regards to post i think its quite hard to prepare for an underperforming team, as they can bring anything out onto the table, and dominate, but im not sure caldwell has any tricks, and besides if the miami receivers caught the ball in previous games they probably would have a win or 2 earlyer in the season.

Yeah, my post was not meant to really be analyzed in any context other than the world of football. I was not commenting on my own self worth. I do not go around feeling bad about myself because the Colts are doing poorly if that's what you meant. I simply meant that the Colts' performance this year has been pretty embarrassing.

Fair enough. Like I said, maybe it was the choice of the word ashamed that looked a little strange to me.

and they start painter, because we all saw what happened when you bring in a better-than-painter-at-the-time qb in collins, that doesnt know the system, and painter has probably been at the same level or better than orlovsky in practice, and he will no system and scheme better.

Besides its always been said, from anyone whos anyone, that without peyton manning, this team is a 1 or 2 win team. Its just been confirmed this season. We all just hoped it was all a load, and painter was really devising a plan on that clipboard these past few years.

In regards to post i think its quite hard to prepare for an underperforming team, as they can bring anything out onto the table, and dominate, but im not sure caldwell has any tricks, and besides if the miami receivers caught the ball in previous games they probably would have a win or 2 earlyer in the season.

The team is not underperforming. This team, without Manning, is doing exactly what it was built to do without Manning; which is lose games.

We're trying Ky...we're just losing....

.....The QB situation blew us up and losing 3 starters on'D' didnt help...

It was a perfect storm of 'suck' :unsure:

The difference between the 1st and 5th overall pick is not going to make or break a franchise, but that's what people around here act like.

The difference between 1st and 5th overall in '98 was Peyton Manning vs. The amazing RB Curtis Enis. That was certainly a make or break difference for the Colts.

We didn't give up..... we're just THAT bad.

The difference between 1st and 5th overall in '98 was Peyton Manning vs. The amazing RB Curtis Enis. That was certainly a make or break difference for the Colts.

you could also put it as Courtney Brown (1) to Jamal Lewis (5)...